No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks
Does anyone thing the silence coming from the club might just mean we're going to hit the draft and be small time players in trade time?
Could definitely see this being the case...if it is I can guarantee us all changing tune and pumping it up that we landed a former #1 pick for nothing. The real question is if we walk away with Patton and not a lot else happening will anyone really be that upset to be heading to the draft with pick 10 or 11 if GC get their priority pick?

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could definitely see this being the case...if it is I can guarantee us all changing tune and pumping it up that we landed a former #1 pick for nothing. The real question is if we walk away with Patton and not a lot else happening will anyone really be that upset to be heading to the draft with pick 10 or 11 if GC get their priority pick?
I dunno, I can't see us trading for Scully & Wingard last year to then take all our picks to the draft. I think we need to recruit some 24-28yo players

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have to laugh at those people saying “mmm yeah ok I suppose we’ll take Brad Crouch but i’d prefer xyz”

We’d be lucky as hell to get him. Especially as he stated he was staying a few weeks back.

Doesn't matter. He's signing a 5 year thumper at $1.2m a year, courtesy of Gil and the GC ambassador payments. Likewise, Ellis and Greenwood. No cap up there either. Plus they're signing Anderson and Rowell to 4 year deals.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks
I dunno, I can't see us trading for Scully & Wingard last year to then take all our picks to the draft. I think we need to recruit some 24-28yo players
I dont really have a preference, would enjoy bringing in a name but then the other side is taking pick 10-11 to the draft could tick the box so you can trade firsts going forward again. Dont think I will be too upset if that were to happen. If they can trade in a name and then get a first round bid on Finn that is ideal obviously

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.01.53 pm.png

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone thing the silence coming from the club might just mean we're going to hit the draft and be small time players in trade time?
Everything I have heard suggests that we will be heavily involved in trade week but not necessarily incoming.

I have no idea what exactly that looks like but be prepared for us to trade someone you love for draft picks or a player we are targeting.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doesn't matter. He's signing a 5 year thumper at $1.2m a year, courtesy of Gil and the GC ambassador payments. Likewise, Ellis and Greenwood. No cap up there either. Plus they're signing Anderson and Rowell to 4 year deals.
Make sure you quote all speculation as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back