Not open for further replies.

Nash88

Senior List
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice work Nash88

The first domino has fallen... now for the rest

Ominous signs here mate, remember Judds comments on footy classified regarding not signing a coach on ‘training wheels’ followed by Carlton’s very obvious attempt to lure Clarko with frankly ludicrous money and now they settle with Teague because of ‘people power’ apparently. Since when have Carlton really given a stuff what their fans think?

I’ll say what I said yesterday that Gillons comments regarding Coniglio ‘explicitly staying on at GWS’ was the biggest giveaway.
Carlton are currently a struggling club who would be a massive drawcard for the AFL in terms of $$$$ if they swiftly moved up the ladder and started playing finals regularly.
Hawthorn are viewed as the team that has had enough success recently and are the complete antithesis of the equalisation theory that the AFL believes in at all costs.
The AFL do not want coniglio at hawthorn it’s as simple as that.
Done and done ladies and gentlemen.

Ominous signs here mate, remember Judds comments on footy classified regarding not signing a coach on ‘training wheels’ followed by Carlton’s very obvious attempt to lure Clarko with frankly ludicrous money and now they settle with Teague because of ‘people power’ apparently. Since when have Carlton really given a stuff what their fans think?

I’ll say what I said yesterday that Gillons comments regarding Coniglio ‘explicitly stating on at GWS’ was the biggest giveaway.
Carlton are currently a struggling club who would be a massive drawcard for the AFL in terms of $$$$ if they swiftly moved up the ladder and started playing finals regularly.
Hawthorn are viewed as the team that has had enough success recently and are the complete antithesis of the equalisation theory that the AFL believes in at all costs.

If he ends up at Carlton you can hide in my attic mate.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

I’ll say what I said yesterday that Gillons comments regarding Coniglio ‘explicitly stating on at GWS’ was the biggest giveaway.
Nash you are quite quickly approaching Vlahos levels mate 👍🏾👍👍🏾

Nash88

Senior List
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he ends up at Carlton you can hide in my attic mate.

Thanks Ned, appreciate it mate. 😂😂😂
We have seen these sorts of things before many times in relation to free agency, Cloke guaranteed to leave, Franklin to GWS etc.
Connect the lines, story breaks of coniglio having agreed to sign a contract with Hawthorn, GW and Clarko refuse to discuss our pursuit of coniglio in anyway, Clarko spotted having coffee with Coniglio on Saturday morning.
I wonder what the coffee meeting was about on the Saturday.
Maybe coniglio saying ‘thanks Clarko, but I’ll decline the offer’ even though the usual way of doing this is through player management as we all know.
Yet again, happening. Don’t fall for the media’s crap and dart throwing.

Nash88

Senior List
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash you are quite quickly approaching Vlahos levels mate 👍🏾👍👍🏾

Bugs it’s been done for a while, as all big free agents it just plays out this way in the media to keep interest levels high. Our fans are a very intelligent bunch and although I agree with lacking a bit of belief due to last off season this will be very very different.

Can we all stop and think about how Clarko must be feeling. He has missed the chance to coach Carlton and has to now probably stay at a club he hates for at least 1 more season until Teague is sacked.
I’m lighting a candle for you Al

Nash88

Senior List
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can we all stop and think about how Clarko must be feeling. He has missed the chance to coach Carlton and has to now probably stay at a club he hates for at least 1 more season until Teague is sacked.

Mate I’d be asking the Carlton fans how the messiah Teague really feels knowing he was just a second option to an ‘angry ant’. To think that they were offering Clarko 2mil a year to coach them does make me laugh.
I wonder why? Knowing full well how fond coniglio has been of Clarko for a long time but all of a sudden the appointment of Teague will seal the deal for coniglio. Hilarious but sad at the same time, they will know at the end of GWS season.

Teague has infinitely more experience coaching Carlton to wins than Clarko has. You just can’t compete with that. Sure, Clarko has coached Hawthorn to 4 flags but that’s comparing apples to oranges.

One day, Clarko, one day.

Teague has infinitely more experience coaching Carlton to wins than Clarko has. You just can’t compete with that. Sure, Clarko has coached Hawthorn to 4 flags but that’s comparing apples to oranges.

One day, Clarko, one day.
‘13 ‘14 & ‘15 don’t count as it was the introduction of expansion clubs and the draft was diluted and tampered.

You should know better cryptor

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How is not getting Clarko a relief

PS: If I read one more Sheedy comparison I’m going to summon the fury of Clarko
On their board a few guys were saying they hope that the clarko to bloos rumours were false as he wasn’t the “messiah”

I guess to answer the first part of your question though:
Fck nose.

LRobbo

All Australian
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
they will know at the end of GWS season.
So you think once GWS are rolled out, he’ll have his exit meeting and that will be that. We should no probably the Tuesday after the Giants are done.

Teague getting the gig reaffirms in my mind Cogs is coming to Hawthorn, can’t fathom he wants to go through a new coach finding their feet with the goat waiting for him with open arms.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So you think once GWS are rolled out, he’ll have his exit meeting and that will be that. We should no probably the Tuesday after the Giants are done.

Teague getting the gig reaffirms in my mind Cogs is coming to Hawthorn, can’t fathom he wants to go through a new coach finding their feet with the goat waiting for him with open arms.

Absolutely spot on mate..

phreeze77

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Ben Dixon.

These ex footballer media nuffs should be ignored when they try to sensationalize.

Then you have hobbits like Browne and Barrett trying to create scoops with click bait... even they don’t believe the s**t that comes out of their mouths. They can flip and change as the real story breaks and their endless false news can be glossed over as the latest news is all we remember.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Let me start by saying I am certainly not in the know.
I am just using the past to guess the future

Despite silvagni spending so much time at GWS he doesn’t seem to have any sway with GWS going by the shiel thing

In fact hawks seem to have a better trade relationship given the scully and potentially the patton stuff. I wonder if something similar might eventuate this year?

Also the GWS presidents comments re coniglio and jeff suggest he didnt know he could be likely to carlton, or he knows nothing and is sounding off.

Im sure representations between GWS and AFL have happened over coniglio too

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have a lot of rumours posted in our rumours thread, but only a few are credible and have good strike rates.

Haven't really heard anything about firming up contracts, except that Daisy & Simpson are being offered 1 year contracts...apparently the thing with Daisy is that we're being upfront that he may have to spend most of the year in the VFL as we look to transition and blood other players. He is weighing that up.

3 of our best ITK's have said or insinuated that the club is confident on Coniglio, all about the same time this week. Something clearly happened on Monday or over the weekend. Must stress though that none of them have said it's a 'done deal' or anything like that, so of course things can change like GWS or Hawks increasing their offer. 2 of these posters said on Monday that Teague would be announced as coach on Thursday (tomorrow).

But even if Hawks miss out, like the Shiel situation, i'd put money on you landing some other big names like you did with Scully, Wingard & Scrimshaw...some that might not even be talked about in the media yet.

Yep......I will tell you what happened.
Hawthorn played GWS in Canberra on Friday.
Cogs and Clarko catch up for up for a coffee while they were both in town.

Rumour has it that Cogs paid for the coffee’s ;-)

See you in about 8 weeks Clarko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back