Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't getting near the top 2 unless we are giving up Worps or Sic and our 1st.

Teams just rate high draft picks too highly, a Gunston or smith will get us a mid 2nd rounder or a couple of places in the first round.

Just not worth it unless we need the salary.

settle down don't undervalue our players worth ....worps and Sicily are going nowhere in any case Worpel is Captain material

This draft is looking like a standout top 2 and then a very even bunch after that. Unless you are trading into pick 1 or pick 2, which is very unlikely, we would be better served keeping our first where it falls or trying to turn it into two slightly later first rounders.

You can already see public comments from St Kilda and Adelaide about offering up their first picks, I suspect for this exact reason. Pick 4 is probably not a great deal more valuable than pick 10 on where the players are currently rated...

Gold Coast are that bloody desperate for mature players that they are trying to recruit half of our club. Absolutely no one wants to go there. Recruiting more kid’s gets them absolutely no where. I’d be surprised if gc take picks 1 and 2 (assuming the afl give them a priority pick) to the draft. Despite afl delusions of young kids going up there and loving it, kids go up there into a bad environment and hate it and leave. They need mature leaders to bring about the culture change and they are going to have to pay for them in cap space and picks.

well said Bris hawk 100% spot on

I think Gunston tbh. Surplus
Yeah for sure.. Gunno would get us around the 10 mark I’d guess. Would hand him and our pick 9-10 if it net us Anderson.
You're suggesting our current Vice Captain. Don't think Hawthorn would operate that way. But then again I didn't think they would surprise us with the whole Mitchell and Lewis trading. Crazier things can happen.

Was just thinking of ways we could get Anderson into the club. As we don’t value midrange picks would we be open to sending our pick 8/9, a second rounder and smith to Melbourne for 2 and their third? Then they could ontrade 8/9 plus the second to freo for hill. Also gives us some extra points to match Finns bid

You're suggesting our current Vice Captain. Don't think Hawthorn would operate that way. But then again I didn't think they would surprise us with the whole Mitchell and Lewis trading. Crazier things can happen.

Love Gunno but he doesn’t hold the weight that Mitch/Hodgey and Lewis had, Clarko wouldn’t hesitate mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Isn’t Rowell the better player?

Anderson is a Tigers fan btw, so you can’t use that angle either!

Rowell is the more ready player.

He's 178cm tall and very much a Sam Walsh type. Will come out and impact immediately but most would agree his scope for improvement isn't quite at the level of the 190cm Anderson.

What's the point in that? They may as well just trade pick #1 then.

(Assuming they will get the priority pick)

The optics are better if you trade pick 2 over trading pick 1. They have pick 1 already, pick 2 would have been given by the AFL with the intention that they use it in a more real way to improve their list.

Why?

Isn’t Rowell the better player?

Anderson is a Tigers fan btw, so you can’t use that angle either!

I would say Noah has the scope to be something very special, Rowell will be a 25+ possession getter from day one but will go on to be an accumulator rather than a bullocking game-breaker. We have his type already.

Rowell is the more ready player.

He's 178cm tall and very much a Sam Walsh type. Will come out and impact immediately but most would agree his scope for improvement isn't quite at the level of the 190cm Anderson.

My mate is a coach at TAC level, he saw Finn first hand on weekend and immediately txt me and said he is much bigger (says closer to 190) and stronger and looked every bit the level of Anderson and Rowell... Originally at the start of the year he was not bullish at all on Finn, his development has been quite the story around the TAC. I hope other clubs are a bit ho-hum and don't bite at him, it may be an idea for the club to cotton wool him up and tell him to feign an injury or something, even advise him to stay away from combines, what is there to gain?

My mate is a coach at TAC level, he saw Finn first hand on weekend and immediately txt me and said he is much bigger (says closer to 190) and stronger and looked every bit the level of Anderson and Rowell... Originally at the start of the year he was not bullish at all on Finn, his development has been quite the story around the TAC. I hope other clubs are a bit ho-hum and don't bite at him, it may be an idea for the club to cotton wool him up and tell him to feign an injury or something, even advise him to stay away from combines, what is there to gain?

Finn definitely seemed taller than his 187cm suggested at the start of the year. Has gotten better every week this year. Crazy amounts of development!

The fact that he is now an inside beast but was an outside player before this year makes him an even better prospect.

We’d definitely get Noah and then it’d be nothing more than an improvement of lower picks
How would we definitely get Noah, even if we packaged Smitty, Birchall, Roughy, Burgoyne & Popeye?

But for Smitty, they're all Free Agents & can walk for nothing & whilst he (& Burgoyne) is my favorite Hawk - Smitty isn't worth Pick 1 or 2.

From memory, Gold Coast don't have any FA that will leave so they don't have Compo to worry about diluting & may as well splash some cash on culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back