No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Carlton fans are getting giddy over the fact Coniglio's agent is friends with SOS.

What do we think will have more pull - Coniglio's actual best mates, or his agent's friend?
Especially when SOS won't be there next year...

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
What is the drop off from 3 to our pick (currently 11)? That is the real question because the talent of the first two is very very high.

There seemingly are some good talents within that range - however the best of the rest there did his knee a few weeks ago. Maybe he'd drop to our pick?

This thread is for incoming targets only
Correct. Incoming targets.

Thread is getting a cleanup.

Stop posting who you would or wouldn't trade, people. No one cares.

This may be a "captain obvious" question, but surely Jags contract extension earlier this year in part was to give Cogs comfort that his best mate would be around long term?
4 years deals are actually long for our club.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks
This may be a "captain obvious" question, but surely Jags contract extension earlier this year in part was to give Cogs comfort that his best mate would be around long term?
4 years deals are actually long for our club.
yep and it surely restructured the deal to open up some money too

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know we've looked into Frost strongly before. Could be him again.
Would actually think that isn't a bad option, certainly has his faults but is very quick for a big guy. Is at the right age too. Slot him into CHB next year alongside Chip and we have a decent spine set in place. He would flourish in a better environment.

Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Roughy’s retirement I’m sure salary cap wise we have somewhat of a warchest™️

However I am wondering if I am alone in this view but I kind of hope we don’t land a big fish.

Reason being we have a lot of solid pieces already, we need another 6 or so role players rather than icing on the cake.

I think Essendon is the perfect example of having 8 or so really top tier footballers and then a pretty big gap after that. Things always look pretty on paper but never works out.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks
Would actually think that isn't a bad option, certainly has his faults but is very quick for a big guy. Is at the right age too. Slot him into CHB next year alongside Chip and we have a decent spine set in place. He would flourish in a better environment.
Reckon he is one of those "he is worth more to his currant team than the team trying to trade for him" and Melbourne might be asking a fair slice to get it done. I also think that TOB a chance to slot into CHB if Patton comes in and is fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back