Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last three seasons Duncan has averaged:
26 touches, 8 marks and kicked 19 goals
26 touches, 6 marks and kicked 7 goals
29 touches, 7 marks and kicked 15 goals

Hill has averaged:
25 touches, 4 marks and kicked 6 goals
21 touches, 5 marks and 2 goals (only played 10 games however)
24 touches, 6 marks and 13 goals

Let's try and be objective.

Hill is still contracted, Freo would want a lot for him and he wants a big pay packet. Also has a kicking efficiency of 59% over his career at Freo.

Hill will be All Australian wingman
Duncan?
Hahaha
I like most would love Hilly back for us BUT you do not pay a winger no matter how good he is the coin he’d reportedly asking especially when wing is the only position he can play. He’s bloody good at what he does and his efficiency delivering the pill into i50 is top of the pile IMO.

Over the last three seasons Duncan has averaged:
26 touches, 8 marks and kicked 19 goals
26 touches, 6 marks and kicked 7 goals
29 touches, 7 marks and kicked 15 goals

Hill has averaged:
25 touches, 4 marks and kicked 6 goals
21 touches, 5 marks and 2 goals (only played 10 games however)
24 touches, 6 marks and 13 goals

Let's try and be objective.
One plays for Geelong

The other had Ross Lyon as coach

He's on par with Gaff and Whitfield and streaks ahead of Duncan

You're having a laugh there.

Hill is good but Gaff and Whitfield are streaks ahead of him. Gaff accumulates on the outside like a monster and Whitfields accuracy is extremely good.

Hill can deliver well into the I50, but he's also prone to missing his fair share. He's definitely improved his I50 deliveries since going to Freo, but hes nowhere near the weapon that Whitfield is - his ball use is superb off half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill is one of the most damaging run and carry players on the league atm. If you saw his game against Geelong you could see that. Absolutely tore them to shreds. Whitfield has hardly played wing, Duncan plays more inside and doesn’t run and carry like hill. Gaff is a good winger but hill is more damaging, just less consistent. Wouldn’t pay the 900 he wants though

He's on par with Gaff and Whitfield and streaks ahead of Duncan

I’d like an explanation on how you come to this conclusion? Not having a go at you, and Hilly is a very good footballer but he is not on the same level as Whitfield or Gaff and Duncan can go inside/outside, kicks goals and runs both ways.

Statistically speaking your comments are fanciful, all 3 of those guys have been consistently better for a long time.

My lord. He's obviously not if you take off your rose tinted glasses.

Mind boggling.. that’s what you get sometimes around here 🤦‍♂️

I’d love to have both Hilly and Whitfield, that would be the dream, but if given the choice I’d take Lachie and run. If I am brutally honest, I take both Gaff and Duncan over Hilly as well, Duncan could argue wouldn’t be suited to us due to our game being at the G and Hillys running power but that’s even debatable.

Mind boggling.. that’s what you get sometimes around here 🤦‍♂️

I’d love to have both Hilly and Whitfield, that would be the dream, but if given the choice I’d take Lachie and run. If I am brutally honest, I take both Gaff and Duncan over Hilly as well, Duncan could argue wouldn’t be suited to us due to our game being at the G and Hillys running power but that’s even debatable.

Just wanted to take this to the hypothetical area mate.

Duncan would be a fantastic Hawthorn player & fills that hole left by Smith & Hendo as senior players.

Yes we would have Scully & possibly Whitfield but if he is getable you would have to try.
Awesome inside/outside player with big game mentality who’s leadership would be a perfect inclusion with a young list.

I watched his first Nab cup game & thought he’d be a captain of Geelong one day.

UFA next year....🤔

If there was a remote chance that he was available I’d hope we go pretty hard there.
Partnered with Whitfield as incoming Hawks would certainly be a bold move to weaken the opposition & significantly strengthen ours.

For me this year, & last year for that matter, was always about Patton & what he can provide structurally over Cogs as my # target. Cogs would still be great for Hawthorn, don’t get me wrong there.

Next years “Cogs” will be Whitfield... no doubt about that but if Duncan doesn’t sign before the end of the year or early next year #duncanisthetarget will be rolled out from me.

Hardwick Frawley/Kosi Impey
Scrimshaw Sicily Whitfield*
Scully Mitchell Duncan*
Wingard O’Brien Coniglio*
Walker Lewis Patton

McEvoy/Reeves Worpell Jaeger

Shiels Hanrahan Nash Anderson*

Just wanted to take this to the hypothetical area mate.

Duncan would be a fantastic Hawthorn player & fills that hole left by Smith & Hendo as senior players.

Yes we would have Scully & possibly Whitfield but if he is getable you would have to try.
Awesome inside/outside player with big game mentality who’s leadership would be a perfect inclusion with a young list.

I watched his first Nab cup game & thought he’d be a captain of Geelong one day.

UFA next year....🤔

If there was a remote chance that he was available I’d hope we go pretty hard there.
Partnered with Whitfield as incoming Hawks would certainly be a bold move to weaken the opposition & significantly strengthen ours.

For me this year, & last year for that matter, was always about Patton & what he can provide structurally over Cogs as my # target. Cogs would still be great for Hawthorn, don’t get me wrong there.

Next years “Cogs” will be Whitfield... no doubt about that but if Duncan doesn’t sign before the end of the year or early next year #duncanisthetarget will be rolled out from me.

Hardwick Frawley/Kosi Impey
Scrimshaw Sicily Whitfield*
Scully Mitchell Duncan*
Wingard O’Brien Coniglio*
Walker Lewis Patton

McEvoy/Reeves Worpell Jaeger

Shiels Hanrahan Nash Anderson*

Duncan is a bit of a pipe dream, cats would never allow us to pick off one of their best, they’d give him a godfather offer surely? I think the only way Duncan would leave would be to go back to WA, but I agree he’d be a great fit.

Reeves would need to improve 10 fold to be a decent VFL footballer let alone AFL footballer..

Cogs is a must, throw in Patton and Whitfield next year, along with Mitch Lewis/Worpel/Scrim and Maguinnes + top 10 pick and we are looking very good for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back