Hawthorn’s decline

Remove this Banner Ad

All of Mitchell, Wingard and O’Meara have been solid but in hindsight they were in the wrong age bracket, as were Patton and Scully.

They’re going to have Stratton, Burgoyne, Puopolo, McEvoy, Henderson, Frawley etc retire before much longer and the above will be late 20s then.

If they’d kept the picks and list spots they’d be a lot further along. Time for a course correct. If clubs will trade anything respectable for any of their oldies, take it and get some youth in.

patton and scully are just duds but you cant complain too much about the others, especially mitchell

i cant believe poppy is still on a list. a lot of dead wood to clear out and the kids dont look great. sicily is a bad loss.

patton and scully are just duds but you cant complain too much about the others, especially mitchell

i cant believe poppy is still on a list. a lot of dead wood to clear out and the kids dont look great. sicily is a bad loss.

Poppy reminds me of Sandilands in the sense that both were on their respective teams lists way longer than I thought given their output in the final few years.

That’s the interesting part now, and can clarko be bothered doing it all again?
That is a question for Clarko, if not we shake hands and go our separate ways. It also depends on it Mitchell is ready to take over the head job. If not keep Clarko around as long as he buys in to what needs to be done.

Poppy reminds me of Sandilands in the sense that both were on their respective teams lists way longer than I thought given their output in the final few years.

WTF Sandy's injuries wrecked his last few years but he was in our best players a couple of times in his last half dozen games

Bella's would've been a fair analogy

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is a question for Clarko, if not we shake hands and go our separate ways. It also depends on it Mitchell is ready to take over the head job. If not keep Clarko around as long as he buys in to what needs to be done.

What if he keeps trying to same track he’s been doing down, Kennett to give him a tap on the shoulder?

What if he keeps trying to same track he’s been doing down, Kennett to give him a tap on the shoulder?
Well yeah but i don't think he is going rogue, we as a club went down this direction.

His press conference tonight made it sound like he is well aware that we need to rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't think of much worse than watching the W&Ps play at the moment, but for those who have seen their games, are we looking at a Sherman Special? A Panzer Performance?
We are talking a tricked out M1A1

Oh bigfooty never fails to disappoint! Only a year or 2 ago every *ing supporter under the sun was talking about trying to get Clarkson to their respective clubs but now everyone wants to throw him to the wolves as he is no good and can’t coach. The bloke is one of the all time greats and the greatest in the modern era. Not handed a premiership ready made team and no big home ground advantage across the other side of the country. He worked for his 4 premierships and deserves to be given a crack to build another house of glory if he wants

Mitchell trade was excellent value but the JOM and Wingard trades don’t look good at all in hindsight. Sicily is a big loss (Should be their captain) but geez they need to clean out the old blokes and take some pain for the next couple years. Not a great year to bottom out either as the draft is super compromised and recruiters have stuff all footage from the u18s. Fortunately for the Hawkes fans they’ll find that supporting a s**t team does not actually make your knowledge of football worse.

It was worth a punt. The guy was unfortunately stuffed by gambling and booze by the time he got there, but undoubtedly an amazing player.

Poor DD if that was the case.

Fev and Brown were both 28 in 2009. Fev won the Coleman, but Brown was 2nd and Bradshaw 5th. It was a huge gamble to target a player Fev's age being shoved out the door when he didn't fill an immediate need.

Brisbane had one 13 win season and with Black (30), Bradshaw (31), Power (29), Brown (28) it really wasn't the time to top up.

Oh bigfooty never fails to disappoint! Only a year or 2 ago every f*n supporter under the sun was talking about trying to get Clarkson to their respective clubs but now everyone wants to throw him to the wolves as he is no good and can’t coach.

Who said that?

The bloke is one of the all time greats and the greatest in the modern era. Not handed a premiership ready made team and no big home ground advantage across the other side of the country. He worked for his 4 premierships and deserves to be given a crack to build another house of glory if he wants

Clarkson's an excellent coach. Hawthorn's recent list management has been poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back