Hawthorn’s decline

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought at the start of 2020, Hawthorn would make the finals and possibly the top 4 with Tom Mitchell back.

Now they’re rock bottom after a loss to the previously winless Adelaide.

Fastest decline for a team which made 4 straight grand finals from 2012-15 and winning a 3peat.

Well they were the only team which made 4 straight grand finals from 2012-15 and winning a 3peat.........so yeah I guess it was the fastest decline.

In fairness to Hawthorn, their obvious weakness now is their forward line, and I think they regarded themselves as very good things to land Tom Lynch. If they'd managed that, it would have been a bit of a team-changer.

Our biggest weakness is our midfield by a mile.

hawthorn have the most who gives a s**t attitude about this season and i sorta don't blame them really. clarko is smart enough to tank properly when it's their turn

I know right I! mean I still can't believe cogs decided to stay with gws instead of joining such a current and near future premiership contender like the hawks!!
Reckon his bff Jaeger reminds him of the big mistake he's made all the time!
🤣

Yes the giants are indeed on course to win a grand final hahahahaha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really? I would have thought that a pair of Tim O'Brien and Mitch Lewis as your tall forwards would be that.

TOB is a stop gap but unfortunately Lewis and Patton just haven't had a decent run with injuries.

Even when they are in they are just rotating in and out with each other without continuity. Not saying they are superstars but they are more than serviceable - especially if we had a decent midfield who used the ball going forward better than what they do. We crucify our forwards. Add to that Gunston, Breust and Wingard.

A decent midfield rather than what we have would definitely get a better return out of that forward line.

In isolation, Mitchell, JOM, Shiels and Worpel and are in the good to very good range but there is no absolute rolled gold star in there and no depth to supplement them. Add to that these 4 are all smallish, one paced types of players. So between the quality of player and the current method of going forward, the forwardline looks dysfunctional as a result of what's happening further up the field.

At least that's my take.

Having said all that a genuine A grade KPF would be lovely.

Way too arrogant in believing they could turn average players careers around once they landed at Hawthorn. They’re going to suffer for a long long time now. It’s just horrible...

What was your opinion of Richmond after R23 in 2016 after their 100 point loss ?

Predicted a "long long" time in trouble no doubt.

Well run clubs dont spend a long time performing badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawthorn have the most who gives a sh*t attitude about this season and i sorta don't blame them really. clarko is smart enough to tank properly when it's their turn

You can get to second or third bottom with the least number of losses in a long time

TOB is a stop gap but unfortunately Lewis and Patton just haven't had a decent run with injuries.
That's bad luck with Lewis, but Patton has had umpteen knee reconstructions before he got to the club, and hasn't played well as a key forward for three years. Even if he did get back to play most of 2021, I don't think he'll be anything like the player he was.

Piss off Hawks. Number 2 pick is ours!

Unless Adelaide want to keep their winning run of form going. In which case, Number 1 pick is ours!
Your not a typical North fan then.

North fans would rather see their club fold than tank. Norths last wooden spoon was back in 1972 when they only got one win. Then your team got some bloke named Ron Barassi to coach the club and they improved fromt there....

Oh bigfooty never fails to disappoint! Only a year or 2 ago every f*n supporter under the sun was talking about trying to get Clarkson to their respective clubs but now everyone wants to throw him to the wolves as he is no good and can’t coach. The bloke is one of the all time greats and the greatest in the modern era. Not handed a premiership ready made team and no big home ground advantage across the other side of the country. He worked for his 4 premierships and deserves to be given a crack to build another house of glory if he wants
Funny how a lot of People are sinking the boots into Clarko. Its no different from many people, especially supporters such as your saints sank the boots on Ross Lyon.

Funny how a lot of People are sinking the boots into Clarko. Its no different from many people, especially supporters such as your saints sank the boots on Ross Lyon.

Except Clarko has 4 flags.

And its mostly Geelong supporters. Not sure why. 1989. 2008. 2013.

The Hawk supporters I suspect are young and dont remember our 1992 to 2007 drought.

Except Clarko has 4 flags.

And its mostly Geelong supporters. Not sure why. 1989. 2008. 2013.

The Hawk supporters I suspect are young and dont remember our 1992 to 2007 drought.
No **** sherlock. Yes, Clarko has 4 flags...

We all know that.

Tell me something I dont know.

Question is, as a hawks fan, Are you willing to back Clarko do a 4 year rebuild for 2020-23 like Freo backed Ross Lyon from 2016-2019?

No **** sherlock. Yes, Clarko has 4 flags...

We all know that.

Tell me something I dont know.

Question is, as a hawks fan, Are you willing to back Clarko do a 4 year rebuild for 2020-23 like Freo backed Ross Lyon from 2016-2019?

No. Im pretty sure Clarko is gone end of 2022. So someone else will be there for 2023.

I thought at the start of 2020, Hawthorn would make the finals and possibly the top 4 with Tom Mitchell back.

Now they’re rock bottom after a loss to the previously winless Adelaide.

Fastest decline for a team which made 4 straight grand finals from 2012-15 and winning a 3peat.
must be awful being a hawks fan

lucky they have all those cups to collect their tears in so melbourne, essendon, north and carlton supporters can come to the tear soup kitchen and get a feed.

Clarko's antics have disappointed me this year.

I thought he had matured and outgrown that little hot-headed bloke that punches desks and walls (he still would have been in is 40's when he was carrying on like that)

The past success has gone to his head and he really thinks he can turn water into wine.

He just doesn't have the stomach to see through a rebuild in earnest.

hawthorn have the most who gives a sh*t attitude about this season and i sorta don't blame them really. clarko is smart enough to tank properly when it's their turn

Bingo.

This is a nothing season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back