• Yes

Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With getting the hawks next years 1st we now need the hawks to spud it out for 2017.

also i think this thread needs to be made now because with the smitch/lewis trade(s) we really should barrack for lewis to leave aswell, get i done pickering and for JOM to take a long time to get right or hope that trade falls through

Official trade

Saints in
Hawks 2017 1st + 23 +36
Saints out
10 + 68

expected range of 2017 hawks 1st: 8-16

PS: kinda angry i cant photoshop a draft pick :p:p

Last edited:

Can someone outline the trade so we have some context for why we have Hawthorn's 2017 Round 1 pick.
You gave them pick 10 and 68. You received their first next year, pick 23 and pick 36 from them. Sorry for the intrusion, I just came over to congratulate the saints on this trade. At worst, their first next year is pick 18 and it's a solid win for you. At best, they tumble down the ladder and you guys have just generated two second rounders (and potentially even upgraded your first) out of nowhere. Brilliant stuff.

Would we do 23 and 36 for GWS pick 15?
Then we have another 2 x top 15 picks next year (at absolute worst).
Not if we trade Stevens for 50.
Because that would leave our second pick in the draft (must select).
We dont want anything past 50, probably 40.

Although I would look at the Hawks future 1st for one of GCs first round picks if they can't get the picks they are after.
Ameet will now front with the argument that 2017 is a considerably stronger draft than 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how you got it done, amazing really, you win that trade. Hawthorn were so silly, could easily slide next year with dad's army, departing best and fairest winner and some injury prone additions.
They've really been O'Meara blinded.

Although he's committed to them and IF he gets up and running it will be something special.

So GC will hold 4, 8, 10, 22, 24, 26, & 30.

You would think that after the Prestia trade they may hold 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26 & 30

Do we back ourselves to finish above Hawthorn next year? Then we offer up our 2017 first for 24 & 26.

Not sure how you got it done, amazing really, you win that trade. Hawthorn were so silly, could easily slide next year with dad's army, departing best and fairest winner and some injury prone additions.

You would think Freo this year isn't too unrealistic for Hawthorn next year? A lot of yours were injuries, but Hawthorn have traded and will have a lot of older blokes as well.

You would think that after the Prestia trade they may hold 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26 & 30

Do we back ourselves to finish above Hawthorn next year? Then we offer up our 2017 first for 24 & 26.
They can either upgrade their picks and seriously push up the top 10 or they hold their best 3 and use the rest to bring a player in.

Either way they far too many.

Intesting times.

10 will go straight to Brisbane for Hanley.

Couple of the 20-30 picks will probably end up being used for Witts and Ports Ah Chee.

You would think Freo this year isn't too unrealistic for Hawthorn next year? A lot of yours were injuries, but Hawthorn have traded and will have a lot of older blokes as well.

Exactly the cliff approaches quickly. Might even be similar to North as a less extreme example.

Bains said they might try to get back in the 1st round this year - which id say would mean they are going to try. Then if they don't it won't disappoint them/the fans.

Trade with GC more than likely in my completely uninformed opinion.

Back