• Yes

Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to end up with Picks 3 and 12 say, with Pick 3 I would try for Darcy Fogarty, 192, Cameron Rayner, Luke Davies-Uniacke both 187cm. All mids. With pick 12 I would try for Jaidyn Stevenson, 189 (an upgrade on Membrey), Joel Garner, 184 balanced mid, Noah Balta, 194 fwd who can have a run in the midfield.

we needa to figure out a concenus bottom 5 clubs this year so we can barrack for the there 4

- hawks
- brisbane
- carlton
- GC
- and who? pies? north? dons?

id guess north will fall off IMO followed by dons then pies just miss out on finals

we needa to figure out a concenus bottom 5 clubs this year so we can barrack for the there 4

- hawks
- brisbane
- carlton
- GC
- and who? pies? north? dons?

id guess north will fall off IMO followed by dons then pies just miss out on finals
I've been thinking, sadly, deeply about this for the last few weeks. I wasn't one that was so convinced that it was certainly a very very high pick as some. Now it's hard to see it being worse than 4. They've had a really soft draw and it now becomes tough. So any recovery is shot.

The only one that they will definitely beat home is Brisbane. But I think there is a reasonable chance they still get past GC and Carlton. GC are fragile and could well lose a big run of games. Carlton may start to feel the heat from as soon as now with some much a young group. One benefit for them is the capacity to bring in some experience.

Very hard to see how they get past others. But I'm definitely barracking for all of them! Pies at worst will probably throw in the odd big effort game and will take a couple of the easy beats. I doubt Hawthorn gets beyond 7 wins. I'd be surprised if Collingwood can't get to 7. I think North has a bit going for it. They're not finals bound, but likewise can't see less than 7 wins. The horse has bolted on Richmond, Melbourne and Saints. And I continue to barrack for all of them!

I've been thinking, sadly, deeply about this for the last few weeks. I wasn't one that was so convinced that it was certainly a very very high pick as some. Now it's hard to see it being worse than 4. They've had a really soft draw and it now becomes tough. So any recovery is shot.

The only one that they will definitely beat home is Brisbane. But I think there is a reasonable chance they still get past GC and Carlton. GC are fragile and could well lose a big run of games. Carlton may start to feel the heat from as soon as now with some much a young group. One benefit for them is the capacity to bring in some experience.

Very hard to see how they get past others. But I'm definitely barracking for all of them! Pies at worst will probably throw in the odd big effort game and will take a couple of the easy beats. I doubt Hawthorn gets beyond 7 wins. I'd be surprised if Collingwood can't get to 7. I think North has a bit going for it. They're not finals bound, but likewise can't see less than 7 wins. The horse has bolted on Richmond, Melbourne and Saints. And I continue to barrack for all of them!
carlton arnt terrible at all, i rate their defence and execution, can really annoy the teams who wanna play fast and manic footy. i reckon their better than a lot think

carlton arnt terrible at all, i rate their defence and execution, can really annoy the teams who wanna play fast and manic footy. i reckon their better than a lot think
Yep I agree on that. Well structured and well coached, most importantly. But they may struggle to keep up the pace. Certainly possible either way, so not predicting for sure Hawthorn get past them, but I'd take pick 4 every day.

Get cam rayner in. Will be the best in the draft and has the body to have an impact straight away! Deadset gun
i haven't watched anything on the kids yet but

why is he better than say brayshaw or dunstan at underage level.

I really can't see the Hawks going in favourites against any team not named Brisbane. They are s**t
I'm still mad ASF at the weagles and dees. should be 1-8

2 teams who managed to beat us and lose to the hawks FFS

I wouldn't back anyone to build their aerobic fitness as if it were a foregone conclusion; plenty of players never really manage to do so, such as Dunstan.
Yeah you'd want to see improvement this year and it being a reflection of perhaps "not needing to build it" (or lazy) and needing a jolt rather than it just being a physical attribute or lack thereof that will never improve adequately. It's super important these days.

i haven't watched anything on the kids yet but

why is he better than say brayshaw or dunstan at underage level.

Rayner is a agile medium fwd that can take a hanger & that can run thru the midfield. Very different type of player to Brayshaw & Dunstan. A bit of Fyfe about him maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is way different. He is more a dusty forward-mid type who is great on both feat, strong, very quick and strong overhead

Rayner is a agile medium fwd that can take a hanger & that can run thru the midfield. Very different type of player to Brayshaw & Dunstan. A bit of Fyfe about him maybe?

if he's the next dusty/fyfe type why does no one say he's concenus no.1.

Yep they didn't come to play.

One of the agencies stuck up a ridiculous price on Sydney over 24 and over 40 and before I was able to re-mortgage the house they took it down and halved the prices! Any team that has come to play has eventually wiped the floor with them.

It's a weird year. Anyone can beat anyone. But Hawks do look like a bottom 3 team. I'm guessing they'll finish 17th. I agree, I think Carlton are going ok. Very well coached.

How exciting is this! I was rapt Saturday night! Finally wasn't locking horns with a Pies supporting mate and had a ball cheering in that second half.

I was always one that thought we might have just gone that bit harder for more picks in years past - and here we are. Will be fantastic if we can pick so high.

Is Rayner guaranteed to become a mid? We seem to have enough hybrid fwd/back midfielders. I kind of hope we take the best genuine mid available.

The longer this season goes on without Fyfe signing, the more scared I am that we're going to get him & he'll cost us our 2x 1sts after Freo match....

Pessimistic campaigner I am :(
Don't join forces with gringo2011 ffs! ;):rainbow:

Back