Prediction Hawthorn 2018 Number Allocations

Remove this Banner Ad

5 things I'll say about the allocations.

1. David Mirra should've gotten No. 1.
  2. This "No. 1 is the fans" s**t is a disgrace.
  3. WTF did Dylan Moore do to receive No. 36? His career is shot now.
  4. I look forward to Kieran Lovell ACTUALLY playing.
  5. The No. 36 needs castrating and burning.

My team or other teams, I won't ever understand some of the decisions they make.

So rapt that Hardwick got number 15 - think he has got a few of the same attributes of the guy that used to wear it and I think he is going to wear it with pride

On number 36

They say that you invite crap into your house with negative thinking, so just like the Hawks keep perservering with allocating it, it's also up to us to change that line of negative thinking.

It's time to start talking it up and I'm going to start by saying that Dylan Moore will play three hundred games for the mighty Hawks, win a couple of Peter Crimmin medals and multiple premierships - he will have an illustrious career wearing the number 36

5 things I'll say about the allocations.

1. David Mirra should've gotten No. 1.
  2. This "No. 1 is the fans" s**t is a disgrace.
  3. WTF did Dylan Moore do to receive No. 36? His career is shot now.
  4. I look forward to Kieran Lovell ACTUALLY playing.
  5. The No. 36 needs castrating and burning.

My team or other teams, I won't ever understand some of the decisions they make.

Disgrace? Hyperbole much? Performance enhancing drug programs are a disgrace. The number one fans thing is corny at worst and Im not sure why anyone really cares especially if they dont barrack for Hawthorn

On number 36

They say that you invite crap into your house with negative thinking, so just like the Hawks keep perservering with allocating it, it's also up to us to change that line of negative thinking.

It's time to start talking it up and I'm going to start by saying that Dylan Moore will play three hundred games for the mighty Hawks, win a couple of Peter Crimmin medals and multiple premierships - he will have an illustrious career wearing the number 36
Are you kidding?
I had my shot together until I purchased a Mac bailey match worn preseason jumper.
Completely went off the rails. Sold it, and life is getting back on track whilst the person who bought it did her knee! Coincidence?

Are you kidding?
I had my shot together until I purchased a Mac bailey match worn preseason jumper.
Completely went off the rails. Sold it, and life is getting back on track whilst the person who bought it did her knee! Coincidence?

Hmmm - my daughter did her knee NOT wearing the 36. Thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 - Jarryd Roughead
3 - Tom Mitchell
4 - Jarman Impey
5 - Ryan Burton
6 - James Sicily
7 - Ben McEvoy
8 - Taylor Duryea
9 - Shaun Burgoyne
10 - Jaeger O'Meara
11 - Brendan Whitecross
12 - James Frawley
13 - Jonathan O'Rourke
14 - Grant Birchall
15 - Blake Hardwick
16 - Isaac Smith
17 - Daniel Howe
18 - Jonathon Ceglar
19 - Jack Gunston
20 - Dallas Willsmore
21 - Kieran Lovell
22 - Luke Breust
23 - Tim O'Brien
24 - Ben Stratton
25 - Ryan Schoenmakers
26 - Liam Shiels
27 - Marc Pittonet
28 - Paul Puopolo
29 - Will Langford
30 - Kaiden Brand
31 - Ricky Henderson
32 - David Mirra
33 - Cyril Rioli
34 - Kurt Heatherley
35 - Harry Morrison
36 - Dylan Moore
37 - Jackson Ross
38 - James Worpel
39 - Mitchell Lewis
40 - Harrison Jones
41 - Oliver Hanrahan
42 - Teia Miles
43 - Changkuoth Jiath
44 - Conor Glass
45 - Conor Nash
46 - James Cousins
Here's a list of our 2018 numbers!!!!!

Odd that it was Moore that ended up with #36. They normally allocate spare numbers to draftees in the order they were drafted. Mirra has thrown a spanner in the works, though. The first vacant would normally have been to Worpel - 32 if Mirra goes into the 40s and Moore still gets 36. BUt Mirra to 32 should have then meant Worpel to 36.
It is almost like like it went in draft order from 32, then Mirra and Worpel swapped for some reason.

Edit: Seems Worpel has worn 38 before so may have requested a swap with Mirra. This makes sense of all the number allocations for the new players.

Last edited:
Happy with Hardwick getting 15. :thumbsu:

I feel very honoured and privileged as a fan to be assigned number 1 again this year o_O:huh:

Blake Hardwick is one player I see a lot in.
People here go on about Burton, but he’s only shown promise. Hardwick has skill, toughness and a smart footy brain.

Reminds me of Gary Ayres - without the bone-crunching hits!

A long way to go yet, but he just needs to put his head down and keep improving, and he’ll be a worthy Hawthorn player.

Are you kidding?
Errr...

You know when we all talk about 'the curse of 36', we're being ironic?

Belief in actual cursed numbers is domain of medieval peasants and halfwits...

Errr...

You know when we all talk about 'the curse of 36', we're being ironic?

Belief in actual cursed numbers is domain of medieval peasants and halfwits...
I take umbrage at this. I am NOT a peasant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back