Prediction Hawthorn 2018 Number Allocations

Remove this Banner Ad

Kieran Lovell #21 (Can lock him in for a break out season now)

2018; breakout year for Kieran Lovell.

CONFIRMED!
Unfortunately the odds are against this happening. From memory few if any players who have first donned the #36 have gone on to have a decent career.

That proves my point!

Burton has played a few decent games and looks very promising, but posters here refer to him like he’s already an established champion.

He may get there but he’s not anywhere close yet.

Perhaps, but the last time a Hawk came runner up in the rising star he went on to become a four time premiership, Norm Smith winning human highlight reel ;)

I’m a huge fan of Hardwick - and I couldn’t be more bullish about his potential. To finish the season with the 14th best DE% in his first full season of senior footy is just outstanding. He’s definitely deserving of donning the 15.

In saying that - how can you not be a believer that Burton is going to be one of the premier players in the game?

How good is it that we get to have these discussions about our up and coming players mind you. Much better than the constant panic over our youth during the year.

A better career?
If you say they are both very promising young players, I’m with you.

But neither has had a “career”.
This is the best i can do Davo....

Some players are attention grabbers , Derm, Jars, Crawf..

Some are not, but they can be just as effective, Mew, Collins, Stratton.

Back in 1968, my favourite player was Geoff Smith, a pacy, skilful rover, a player keeping Peter Crimmins as second rover. I thought he was a brilliant player and thought he was bound for greatness.

In 1969, a 17 year wearing number 32 joined the club, took the league by storm. Within 12 months Geoff smith had disappeared.

That’s how footy happens.

Burton shows a lot of promise but he’s not a champion.

Yet

Back in 1968, my favourite player was Geoff Smith, a pacy, skilful rover, a player keeping Peter Crimmins as second rover. I thought he was a brilliant player and thought he was bound for greatness.

In 1969, a 17 year wearing number 32 joined the club, took the league by storm. Within 12 months Geoff smith had disappeared.

That’s how footy happens.

Burton shows a lot of promise but he’s not a champion.

Yet

So... you're saying you've been wrong before?

15-hardwick?? :):thumbsu: yes sir knew that was coming from day 1
6-sicily??? :):thumbsu: double tick!! owns that backline now
21-lovell??? :D:thumbsu: 3 ticks!! thank f@#$ he off 36 and you can see abit of richie vandenberg in him to. great choices made by the HFC

My problem is that i have to buy more than 1 guernsey now, i have too many favorite players and i can't bloody decide!! :huh:

On the money burger09

I'll just say this at least hardwick and burton are both playing for the HFC. why the hell are we even comparing them already? they have both just played under 30 games and both of them will have plenty of good footy ahead of them. Geez its amazing what happens when the footy is not on, people going coo-coo

Yeh, I'd prefer to go points totality when judging Davo's comments here. The bloke has a tonne or two in the bag.
He's said a helluva lot right on this forum, seen many come and go like few others here could judge.

To be fair to his assessment, I'd say this.
While Burto tore it up early for a while, I think he petered around for 4-5 weeks trying to find the electric reading and reacting to play he showed early - never quite getting back to full mojo, and his disposal dropped away to merely punting the ball forward generically as opposed to pin pointing so beautifully as he did in the first part of the season.
Dimma however for mine was uber consistent and never looked to lose his way, was crushingly effective spoiling, marking and disposing of the red leather.

If I had to pick a player who had shown more - not the highest ceiling per se - I'm right with Davo.
Again, Hawthorn problems.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a huge fan of Hardwick - and I couldn’t be more bullish about his potential. To finish the season with the 14th best DE% in his first full season of senior footy is just outstanding. He’s definitely deserving of donning the 15.

In saying that - how can you not be a believer that Burton is going to be one of the premier players in the game?

How good is it that we get to have these discussions about our up and coming players mind you. Much better than the constant panic over our youth during the year.

I might cop some criticism for this, but I reckon Sicily is just as talented as Burton.

Come at me. :oops:

15-hardwick?? :):thumbsu: yes sir knew that was coming from day 1
6-sicily??? :):thumbsu: double tick!! owns that backline now
21-lovell??? :D:thumbsu: 3 ticks!! thank f@#$ he off 36 and you can see abit of richie vandenberg in him to. great choices made by the HFC

My problem is that i have to buy more than 1 guernsey now, i have too many favorite players and i can't bloody decide!! :huh:

Yeah, it's like picking your favourite premiership in the three-peat

#hawthornproblems

Nah, Ive never been wrong.
Not very often, anyway.

You know my post was referring to the arrival of the Great Leigh Matthews? And Peter Crimmins: not a bad duo to be usurped by. Geoff Smith actually kept Lethal at second rover for a while, but the end came pretty swiftly!

Just a bit of history for you millenials.

Yeh, I'd prefer to go points totality when judging Davo's comments here. The bloke has a tonne or two in the bag.
He's said a helluva lot right on this forum, seen many come and go like few others here could judge.

To be fair to his assessment, I'd say this.
While Burto tore it up early for a while, I think he petered around for 4-5 weeks trying to find the electric reading and reacting to play he showed early - never quite getting back to full mojo, and his disposal dropped away to merely punting the ball forward generically as opposed to pin pointing so beautifully as he did in the first part of the season.
Dimma however for mine was uber consistent and never looked to lose his way, was crushingly effective spoiling, marking and disposing of the red leather.

If I had to pick a player who had shown more - not the highest ceiling per se - I'm right with Davo.
Again, Hawthorn problems.:D

Don't care how many someone's got in the bag.

Nah, Ive never been wrong.
Not very often, anyway.

You know my post was referring to the arrival of the Great Leigh Matthews? And Peter Crimmins: not a bad duo to be usurped by. Geoff Smith actually kept Lethal at second rover for a while, but the end came pretty swiftly!

Just a bit of history for you millenials.

Who says I'm a millenial? I'm just not ancient like your good self ;)

Errr...

You know when we all talk about 'the curse of 36', we're being ironic?

Belief in actual cursed numbers is domain of medieval peasants and halfwits...

Impiety will just make it worst.

For Dylan to succeed.
We need to sacrifice a rooster to Asclepios, while eldorado drinks hemlock tea.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back