List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the ITK posters? I wish Clarkson or Wright would come out and state what they’re intentions for this trade period is.

I’m asking the same.. where are they lol? I’ve said it before, the club treats it’s supporters and members like dills, why can’t they come out and say Burton isn’t part of the deal? Silence to me says they are absolutely offering him which is mind boggling.

What I'm saying is that the club will at all times make decisions that they think are in our best interests. No one is untouchable, no matter how 'Hawthorn through and through' they are.

So if players like Dimma and others have a strong bond with Burton and they’ve been working towards long term goals and all of a sudden he’s on the table ..... they might start thinking f this s**t I might start thinking about myself and culture could start going out the window. If Clarko expects team mindset and culture etc, one for all all for one type of stuff, it needs to be consistent and if the rumours are true this could be disruptive to team moral including mine.

However if Burton wants to leave that changes things a lot but from what we hear this is not the case.

What is Burto himself worth? A player with 2 years on his contract, parachuted into the No 5, one of our brightest prospects ...

His own trade value would be high 1st round. Add that to the 15 and it means we are talking 2 first rounders. That is way overs for Wingard and maybe some other scrap.

Stinks a little of desperation to make a deal, ANY deal, to save some face and get a player onto the roster.

Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and all that jazz.

On SEN this arvo when the news broke, the consensus among the journalists was this years first pick and a second rounder would be a fair trade. Shiel’s value in comparison was put at 2 first rounders. Throwing burton in the mix is paying overs by a long way. We must be getting a second rounder back if true to help facilitate more trades.

This is the old ruthless Hawthorn, if we are indeed open to him going back home.

Not official yet I know, but I said once it was reported that Mitch is coming back Clarko will be more driven than ever knowing that for the first time he has a potential challenger/successor inside the camp. They could bring the best out of each other or there could volatility. Interesting times for sure.

Will keep calm until any official statement comes from the club . When I first heard burton +15 for wingard I was all for it , but finding out he is shattered with the news I've become flat and completely off the idea.

Something strange is happening at the club the last couple weeks . It seems completely unprofessional in offering someone up for trade without that player agreeing first, along with the sudden departure of Russel and failed attempts of shiel and lynch.

So if players like Dimma and others have a strong bond with Burton and they’ve been working towards long term goals and all of a sudden he’s on the table ..... they might start thinking f this s**t I might start thinking about myself and culture could start going out the window. If Clarko expects team mindset and culture etc, one for all all for one type of stuff, it needs to be consistent and if the rumours are true this could be disruptive to team moral including mine.

However if Burton wants to leave that changes things a lot but from what we hear this is not the case.

Lol
Hardwick... San Fran
Burton... Miami

Nothing from the club or Burton acknowledging any of this so will ignore, as I usually do, the crap spewing forth from the HUN.

Would be utter madness for the club to trade Burton against his will and I don’t believe for one second that Clarko and GW would be crazy enough to go down this path.

Reckon it’s time for 23 to go to Mitch Lewis

Of course, it's a tough decision no doubt.

Will be a lot of egg on faces if he does get traded. Seeing as we are into Scrimshaw and possibly have a deal in place I think the club sees them as similar players and therefore Burton is sacrificial.

I really hope not as I don’t see Scrimshaw becoming a player.

Being that you’re quite spectacularly wrong so often - including your writing off of Worpel before a ball was bounced this year - I’m even more excited about getting Scrimshaw now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it that when it comes to the Hawks, the media always have a one sided trade value situation where we get bent over a barrel? Shiel's trade value dropped off significantly once he announced his preferred destination as a recent example.

If this turns out to be complete BS then Edmund and McClure need to be stripped of their accreditation.

Did they face time Burton to guadge his reaction to determine “he was completely shattered” and who did they speak with to report that “Burton would be sacrificed”

If they are essentially the main reporters on the ground and allowed to just tweet non truths as facts and then not held accountable then it’s a free for all.

The truth will come out tomorrow I am sure.

I’m asking the same.. where are they lol? I’ve said it before, the club treats it’s supporters and members like dills, why can’t they come out and say Burton isn’t part of the deal? Silence to me says they are absolutely offering him which is mind boggling.

Because we don’t do our business in public. Not sure why people want us to change that when it generally gets the job done.

I’d much rather be us than be North and interview contracted players at our club HQ and put it on our website.

If we hear anything regarding Burton it will be tomorrow. You do realise it’s only been 4 hours since this surfaced and it doesn’t take long for rumours about what’s been offered to start up and the club will do their due diligence to get what they think is a beneficial outcome for the club. They are the experts and you got to have some faith in them at this point in time.

If this is true, Clarkson must believe Burton has some serious personality issues and that he doesn't fit in with Hawthorn.

I know I've heard jokes that Burton is the leader of the Ryan Burton fan club but surely it can't be that bad and this has to be false.

Journos get stuff wrong all the time but I don't believe they would go with something like this if there wasn't any truth to it.

I'm gutted if true, i will honestly think less of the club I've loved for so many years. I only get excited to watch Hawks games but Jesus this has me rethinking my love for it.
Tell me you’re kidding right? Hawthorn know the value of our players so let’s just wait what transpires over the next few days. We NEED Wingard, let’s not forget that ‘ very ‘ important part.
Imo, a pick 15 + 2nd rounder is more than enough but we’ll see I gues.

The psychology of this board is fascinating.

Two days ago we missed out on Shiel and it was despairing - the club can't get any trades done we can't get elite talent in. Everyone was flat as the bombers won Shiel (though as of now they still haven't done the Shiel Deal) coming off the back of Lynch

Then we were ecstatic we had Wingard wanting to come over - but this was momentary and everyone is now flat again as it appears we might be offering up a fan favourite and potential young star.

NOW I hope people can see the problem of our position. When you finish top 4 you don't actually have anything to trade with - without giving something significant up. Sydney don't really trade and use their academy to get excellent kids. The Cats just keep recycling the bottom 6-8 hoping they'll find someone to complement their stars. A lot of our success is derived through methodology and coaching. Sometimes we should not look at names and think instead about how our coaches can turn players into part of a system - look at this year's premiers - Redden, Duigan, Sheed, Shuey and Hutchings have been turned into a premiership midfield - with the exception of Shuey none of those would be named as elite talent. The fact is not since the buddy roughy draft have we relied on top draft picks. And the players we have brought in to win flags - Gibson, Hale, Lake, Burgoyne, McEvoy - yes they are really good players but none of them were considered out and out superstars of the game (not like a Judd or and Dangerfield or a Franklin).

I'm not saying I favour the idea of trading for Burton but I hope you all remember this when you are next lamenting a quiet trade period that this is the kind of road you have to take if you want to get a player - If you want Chad then I think its two first rounders (2018 and 2019) and hope they accept or we go to the draft. If we trade two first rounders then know we will have precious little to deal with next year to get an rfa is a club matches the bid or a contracted player who wants to leave- this is exactly what happened last year having traded our picks for O'Meara.

So think a bit about how this club has operated in the past and how successful they've been and maybe just back it's judgement

If there was no other way I'd trade Burton for Wingard if the club were sure Wingard was going to be mentally focused on getting the best out of himself at Hawthorn. Wingard had won a B&F and AA spot BEFORE he was Burton's current age. Off the scale talent. Still only 25. Where did Burton finish in our B&F?

It would suck to offload young talent when we have an aging list profile, especially a talent like Burton, and I'd rather give up 2 first rounders, but if that isn't enough then I can live with Burton leaving. Wasn't his girlfriend from SA? If so, and they are still together, that is even more reason. No matter how much she loves Vic, if they stay together and they want to start a family at some stage there will be a massive pull to go home from both her and Ryan. So might be a ticking time bomb anyway.

Hopefully we do our best to avoid the trade, but thumbs up for me if that's the price we need to pay.

Will keep calm until any official statement comes from the club . When I first heard burton +15 for wingard I was all for it , but finding out he is shattered with the news I've become flat and completely off the idea.

Something strange is happening at the club the last couple weeks . It seems completely unprofessional in offering someone up for trade without that player agreeing first, along with the sudden departure of Russel and failed attempts of shiel and lynch.
Unprofessional would be committing to Shiel publicly, then not being able to get the deal done. We did not do that.

....or speaking publicly about chasing Lynch - which we never did once.

Unprofessional would be leaking news of Jack's departure, then telling him he wasn't going anywhere - which we never did.

Posters beware. Reports about Burton actually conflict with each other (did hawks propose burton or did Port request him? There’s both assertions)
For mine it’s simple explanation. Hawthorn is giving journalists the minimum and they don’t like it, report mischievously as they are never taken to task

Facts I can think of is Burton was given a three year contract last year, but several hawks were not.

Winguard was not given one despite requesting one from Port, who only seem to be valuing his trade worth (oplnion)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back