List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any chance the Smiling Assassin & Lil' Dick Santo predicted us to finish bottom 4 purely to generate social media chatter? Its basically free publicity for the show.

Werent we expected to finish 12th this year too?

Mate you seriously need to get a life, trades either get done of they don’t. I wait for the actual confirmation of who’s going where. People including journos guessing or acting on “ good info” mean jack $hit to me.

If you want to live off every word certain posters say than good luck to you, I haven’t got the time or inclination to do so
haha really?

How is being grateful for people contributing to this forum equal hanging on every word people say? i appreciate the information given in good will by others. I will then take that on board and determine whether i take it seriously or not. Even if i ignore it, i appreciate that it was shared and that someone contributed. It's 10 times better than whinging keyboard warriors that think they are top s**t just because someone's information didn't end in a trade. I don't remember anyone saying anything was a done deal, i do remember people telling us what we were trying to do and the current state of play from ONE persons point of view.

If someone needs to "get a life" mate, it's clearly you, and while you're at it, go get that chip on your shoulder looked at. If "good info" is useless to you, then skip to the next post or ignore it, i don't see the problem. This forum wasn't put here for your enjoyment, it's for everyone.

Last edited:

i completely disagree with the 14th/15th rubbish, if i was to be neutral for a second, we finished 4th, but we were the 5th/6th best team all year, spirit and our coaches/culture/team unity got us to 4th, maybe a slightly weaker draw helped boost us a little as well

have we improved or got worse? i think Wingard is a huge positive, but remember Rioli and Burton will be big losses, we found some quality youth again this season in Morrison and Worpel, with Dylan Moore finally playing small forward and putting his hand up as a talent that deserves AFL opportunity after dominating the VFL finals, then you have the negative of TOB, Langford and Duryea proving they werent good enough and got dropped from the squad.

so all in all i think we'll finish in a similar position, maybe better if Wingard fires and we have lesss injuries to key players, fingerscrossed*, whereas if we dont have the newer guys fire and we have injury concerns we may finish mid-table?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s obvious that Geelong & Sydney are Locked in as double ups.
They like giving us Essendon too.

If we get those 3 6-12 sides then maybe we won’t get a double up against a bottom 6 side.

i completely disagree with the 14th/15th rubbish, if i was to be neutral for a second, we finished 4th, but we were the 5th/6th best team all year, spirit and our coaches/culture/team unity got us to 4th, maybe a slightly weaker draw helped boost us a little as well

have we improved or got worse? i think Wingard is a huge positive, but remember Rioli and Burton will be big losses, we found some quality youth again this season in Morrison and Worpel, with Dylan Moore finally playing small forward and putting his hand up as a talent that deserves AFL opportunity after dominating the VFL finals, then you have the negative of TOB, Langford and Duryea proving they werent good enough and got dropped from the squad.

so all in all i think we'll finish in a similar position, maybe better if Wingard fires and we have lesss injuries to key players, fingerscrossed*, whereas if we dont have the newer guys fire and we have injury concerns we may finish mid-table?

Don’t disagree that Rioli and Burton are losses, and big ones. However we finished top 4 with Rioli playing a handful of games and Burton down on form. That’s why I’m not fretting too much for next year. Another pre-season for Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Morrison, Worpel. A more comfortable and improving Jarman. O’Meara full of confidence. Scrimshaw to start learning the trade from Sicily and Birchall. Sicily to gun for his AA spot. The reigning Brownlow medallist getting another elite runner to partner him in the midfield. Both of them dishing it to a forward line that despite missing a tall target who can clunk them consistently - has Wingard, Gunston and Breust there ready to strike.

I’m feeling cautiously bullish!

Tbh. I have no idea.

AFL.com.au said that pick 53 will go down after academy and f/S buds. They dumb? It will go down due to teams using several picks to bid for players

Some clubs will also be passing on third round picks, pick 90 could actually be a pick in the 60's. I think GC have about 7 picks in the first 2 rounds.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t disagree that Rioli and Burton are losses, and big ones. However we finished top 4 with Rioli playing a handful of games and Burton down on form. That’s why I’m not fretting too much for next year. Another pre-season for Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Morrison, Worpel. A more comfortable and improving Jarman. O’Meara full of confidence. Scrimshaw to start learning the trade from Sicily and Birchall. Sicily to gun for his AA spot. The reigning Brownlow medallist getting another elite runner to partner him in the midfield. Both of them dishing it to a forward line that despite missing a tall target who can clunk them consistently - has Wingard, Gunston and Breust there ready to strike.

I’m feeling cautiously bullish!
Need Nash to lift to position himself in Roughy’s role perhaps. He can run, mark and tackle but needs a lot of work on his kicking. Looks promising.

I dont mind the media predicting us to finish near the bottom it makes it easier for us to trade our 1st as it has perceived greater value!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back