Club Focus Hawthorn 2022 - Amon, Stephens, Meek, Greene, McKenzie, Weddle, Hustwaite, O'Sullivan, Macdonald, Mitchell

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Nah. You can discuss Hawthorn's sanctions or not on the mainboard thread, since it inevitably involves breaking down the hows, whys and wherefores of every circumstance which is way beyond the scope of a trade and free agency board.

If and when the AFL investigation is concluded or an announcement is made regarding trade or draft sanctions, then it becomes relevant. Not so to date.

Nah. You can discuss Hawthorn's sanctions or not on the mainboard thread, since it inevitably involves breaking down the hows, whys and wherefores of every circumstance which is way beyond the scope of a trade and free agency board.

If and when the AFL investigation is concluded or an announcement is made regarding trade or draft sanctions, then it becomes relevant. Not so to date.
Fair enough I thought maybe since I was talking specifically draft picks and trading that this place would be appropriate.

Amon
Meek
Bowes and pick 7

From an acquisition standpoint that's our best case scenario right now. Those mature players plus 6 and 7 in the draft.

Still expecting to lose Tom Mitchell.

Gunston staying in brown and gold feels more likely than unlikely but I can't explain why.

Amon
Meek
Bowes and pick 7

From an acquisition standpoint that's our best case scenario right now. Those mature players plus 6 and 7 in the draft.

Still expecting to lose Tom Mitchell.

Gunston staying in brown and gold feels more likely than unlikely but I can't explain why.

Amon has confirmed. I assume Meek will too.

But Bowes and 7 could go anywhere. With that many suitors GCS may end up getting something good in return.

Amon has confirmed. I assume Meek will too.

But Bowes and 7 could go anywhere. With that many suitors GCS may end up getting something good in return.
Provided we sell Bowes on his role in our rebuild we should be in pole position. If he wants mid time we are the worst midfield in the comp with Mitchell leaving. Hugely disappointing if we don’t get this deal done happy to lose future 2 and 3 if required

Hawks and Pies have agreed on Tom Mitchell, deal will suit both parties pretty evenly.
This would be the pick slide going around on social media?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

42+47 for Mitchell

25+42+47(equals pick 10) for Pick 15

Brisbane would prefer 25 + 31 from gc (or similar) for 15 as it only needs 2 list spots not 3 as in your proposal.

Email about the rebuild being s**t and everyone needs to go. Then demanding the king's ransom come trade week

Some offers came, most notably for Breust and Wingard. None of the players wanted to leave. They were all contracted so they had the final say. As simple as that.

Interesting trade period for Hawthorn, looks like some serious departure of quality, experienced players with no one of note coming in, aside from Karl Amon and possibly Meek from Fremantle.

They are going to be pretty bad next season, a legit spoon contender.

Interesting trade period for Hawthorn, looks like some serious departure of quality, experienced players with no one of note coming in, aside from Karl Amon and possibly Meek from Fremantle.

Top 10 in the B&F

1. James Sicily (123)
2. Jai Newcombe (115)
3. Dylan Moore (113)
4. Blake Hardwick (82)
5. Tom Mitchell (79)
6. Mitch Lewis (74)
7. Jaeger O’Meara (65)
8. Finn Maginness (61)
9. Harry Morrison (59)
9. Jack Scrimshaw (59)

Mitchell and O'Meara likely gone with Amon in. Natural improvement in younger players will help as will as a better injury run especially with the rucks

Mitchell will be a loss but our midfield has been awful for 4 seasons with Mitchell and O'Meara in there for a majority of it

I feel like I'll have this argument all summer long, but we've still got 22 of our top 25 placed players in the PCM on the list in 2023, with Lewis, CJ, Wingard, Frost, Worpel and Reeves returning from injury after being put out to pasture in 2022.

I think us Hawks fans will hope we can win the spoon at some point in 2023, but we'll have fun watching the kids again next year with the way Sam has them play, regardless of wins.

Top 10 in the B&F

1. James Sicily (123)
2. Jai Newcombe (115)
3. Dylan Moore (113)
4. Blake Hardwick (82)
5. Tom Mitchell (79)
6. Mitch Lewis (74)
7. Jaeger O’Meara (65)
8. Finn Maginness (61)
9. Harry Morrison (59)
9. Jack Scrimshaw (59)

Mitchell and O'Meara likely gone with Amon in. Natural improvement in younger players will help as will as a better injury run especially with the rucks

Mitchell will be a loss but our midfield has been awful for 4 seasons with Mitchell and O'Meara in there for a majority of it
I can see the point with this.

I don't think we'll be as bad as he suggests but we're def going to drop a little. Mitchell is an absolute gun, even playing less midfield time he averaged 5 clearances and 13 contested possessions in 2022, in one of the worst midfields for most of his time at Hawthorn he has been an elite inside mid with his clearance and contested game, mixing well with how clean and skillful he is by hand.

Jaeger would be a loss, but more so as a leader, rather than a player.

Gunston was a good foil up forward and good leader, it'll be interesting to see which direction we go there, Wingard hopefully plays more games and can cancel out some of this leadership loss.

Amon comes in, very good player & a pretty good leader by the looks of it, from what i've seen atleast, brings in experience.

If this strategy doesn’t pay off then they might well find themselves in Tassie. Won flags in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s 00s, and 10s. During the 80s played in 7 GF’s in a row and across the last 50 years have had least 4 genuine “dynasties”. And yet in 1996 just a few years after winning their 8th flag in 20 years they barely staved off a merger with Melbourne.

Quite simply their supporters and sponsors are not used to failure. They have been spoilt by success but as a consequence there is no resilience and their supporters/members are already dropping off. Have proven time and again they are a quality club with smart people at the helm but if this fire sale backfires then they could be in all sorts as I'm not sure they can sustain a protracted period as a bottom 4 team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back