AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Its the only way i can see

We arent going to accept an F2 for it and your not going to include an F1

Dear bid 39
T.Jiath at 40

Happy days

F1, F2, F3 for F1 and Jiath last offer
Take Jiath. I don’t think the club is overly concerned. Would be nice if he slid to the rookie draft and we could pick him up as a Cat B rookie.

I can’t see the club trading up for him.

There is no subverting here

You can bid on whoever, whenever

Trades are Trades, you cant force anyone to take a trade and that is in no way happening in this instance
An implied threat to bid on a player if an unbalanced trade does not occur is absolutely sanctionable trade manipulation.

But the AFL prefers to cover up this sort of thing. I would go to the press though and leak that essendon attempted it were I the Hawthorn LM.

Dear bid 39
T.Jiath at 40

Happy days

I don't think we are that attached to TJ.

Take him.

If there is something Essendon needs it's yet another half back flanker right?

An implied threat to bid on a player if an unbalanced trade does not occur is absolutely sanctionable trade manipulation.

But the AFL prefers to cover up this sort of thing. I would go to the press though and leak that essendon attempted it were I the Hawthorn LM.

Sorry, but there’s zero issues with Essendon doing this.

Fact of the matter is, if allegedly professional clubs want to play chicken and bid on a player they have no interest in using a valuable draft pick, they’re the loser - not the Hawks.

Sorry, but there’s zero issues with Essendon doing this.

Fact of the matter is, if allegedly professional clubs want to play chicken and bid on a player they have no interest in using a valuable draft pick, they’re the loser - not the Hawks.

Who would have thought that basing 20 years of your list management strategy on the 'lulz' and being a general nuisance doesn't garner much success.

If you want to do another Mosquito and get the optics of a nice fist pump for the supporters I say do it.

Who would have thought that basing 20 years of your list management strategy on the 'lulz' and being a general nuisance doesn't garner much success.

If you want to do another Mosquito and get the optics of a nice fist pump for the supporters I say do it.

Precisely.

Meanwhile, the next player on our recruiting list just moves up one position.

Dear bid 39
T.Jiath at 40

Happy days

Seriously is there another thread that you can post your trash in?

Dear bid 39
T.Jiath at 40

Happy days

You are making a fool of yourself right now! “Last offer” mate you aren’t the list boss.

Im aware

Let me guess youd take giving up an F3 for Jiath and expect that to get it done

We will just take him
Then take him you big threatening overlord.

Im aware

We will just take him
No if he gets through to 41 I’m happy to take him, if not like most hawks fans I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

You don’t even know for sure you guys are interested in him let alone going to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what running to the press would achieve.
Couldn’t really muddy essendon’s reputation any further …

Im aware

We will just take him

Please do.

Yet another half back flanker while the ever elusive big bodied midfielder goes untouched.

Dear bid 39
T.Jiath at 40

Happy days

Strapping Young Lad do we have a dumbest post of the year award? If so this would have to go extremely close to winning.

Hbf is of greater need

Already Have

Hobbs
Setters
Perkins
Tsatas

And next year stacked of mids

That list of midfielders tells me your greatest need is midfielders :sick:

Hbf is of greater need

Already Have

Hobbs
Setters
Perkins
Tsatas

And next year stacked of mids
Go write your fanfiction about Essendon in the Essendon thread.

Last edited:
That list of midfielders tells me your greatest need is midfielders :sick:

We have Redman and Hind as hbfers. Think you are stuck back in 2020 when we also had Saad and Mckenna. It is one of our greatest needs.

Our midfield is better than you imply and has plenty of growth left. It was the reason we won four more games than the Hawks

We have Redman and Hind as hbfers. Think you are stuck back in 2020 when we also had Saad and Mckenna. It is one of our greatest needs.

Our midfield is better than you imply and has plenty of growth left. It was the reason we won four more games than the Hawks
I think having a functioning forward line is why you got a few more wins. When Lewis wasn't playing and healthy our forward line was diabolical.

Langford was the stand-out for you guys, and was rewarded for his extraordinary year.

It was the worst ranked midfield in the comp for clearances and 3rd worst for contested possessions.

This is with Merrett and Parish both averaging 30+ touches a piece.

I like Tsatas and I see he's starting to put on size. Horrible disposal and ball drop which hopefully he will work on but he's at least got the scope to be that inside/outside mid you have been screaming for years.

Hobbs and Setterfield are one paced mids which are going the way of the dinosaur.

You still have Ridley at half back no? Wasn't that the whole point of Big Ben to release Ridley again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back