Memberships Hawthorn 2024 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I got an email from the club yesterday that you now have to opt-in to get a paper version of HawkTalk this year. I am all for not wasting paper and saving on costs so I am happy to get it digitally - but those of you who want the hard copy might want to check your emails so you can click on the link to ensure you still get a copy.

They generally auto-renew - my first direct debit went out this month.
yeah it wouldnt let me logon as it had a bigpond email which I got rid of, just spoke to the membership people and sorted that, I'm sticking on Interstate Gold.

Ours all auto renewed. One of the kids is on a Junior Dunstall for some reason and my three game auto renewed as a full membership. Oh well.

*I wasn't trying to be a tight arse with the three game last year, we just moved interstate and I was trying to work out whether to hold onto my AFL membership or not so got a 3 game to ensure club support was maintained. Eventually choosing not to renew AFL.

The website shows the membership drive is underway, has ayone received an email about renewal yet?

Yes, got mine a little while ago. Automatic rollover and I missed the opportunity to opt out. Now have to pay for a family membership, an adult membership (oldest turned 18 three months ago) and a youth membership (middle child turned 15 in February). Forking out over $2,000 for memberships for 2024. Grrr.

Ours all auto renewed. One of the kids is on a Junior Dunstall for some reason and my three game auto renewed as a full membership. Oh well.

*I wasn't trying to be a tight arse with the three game last year, we just moved interstate and I was trying to work out whether to hold onto my AFL membership or not so got a 3 game to ensure club support was maintained. Eventually choosing not to renew AFL.

My eldest had the same thing also - a few years of post Covid free upgrades of junior membership to Dunstall now has run out. Called today and got her membership reduced to the normal junior membership, and HFC will adjust the HawksDirect remaining installments to correct.

Yes, got mine a little while ago. Automatic rollover and I missed the opportunity to opt out. Now have to pay for a family membership, an adult membership (oldest turned 18 three months ago) and a youth membership (middle child turned 15 in February). Forking out over $2,000 for memberships for 2024. Grrr.
I'm surprised that they didn't send out a notification that it was happening like they did for past years. Just checked and mine auto renewed. I'm assuming that it would have been for all three at the same category.

My eldest had the same thing also - a few years of post Covid free upgrades of junior membership to Dunstall now has run out. Called today and got her membership reduced to the normal junior membership, and HFC will adjust the HawksDirect remaining installments to correct.

Good to know, thanks I'll give them a buzz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised that they didn't send out a notification that it was happening like they did for past years. Just checked and mine auto renewed. I'm assuming that it would have been for all three at the same category.

I did get an email from the club maybe a month in advance of the auto rollover giving me the option to opt out by a certain date, but I missed the email at the time and by the time I found it, the opt out date had already passed.

I did get an email from the club maybe a month in advance of the auto rollover giving me the option to opt out by a certain date, but I missed the email at the time and by the time I found it, the opt out date had already passed.
I sent an email to the club asking about it and they did send me one actually. I think I just forgot and deleted it. However, I'm glad I did as my daughter turned 18 this year and they put her in as an adult instead of concession. Got it changed.

The digital membership that comes with Kayo is a great offer, but not sure who thought it was a good idea to not provide the Kayo access code until AFTER draft night …
Unless there is a date driven thing I am unaware of, check your spam for an email with the details. It is what happened to me earlier in the year. I only clicked and checked when I called the club

For those that missed opting out, I’d call or mail the club and request a refund and cancellation. A lot of places don’t want that bad press of people who are unhappy with auto renewals and are happy to process the cancellations.

Hey, sorry to intrude on your board but I bought a Hawks membership for a Chrostmas present this year, does anyone know roughly when packs get sent out? I already got my Richmond one but i dont think i have got anything from the Hawks yet saying when they get sent. Hoping to wrap it and gift it on Christmas.

Thanks guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back