Hawthorn AFLW! WE NOW HAVE A TEAM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Announcement at midday.

...the Herald Sun understands the AFL will make the declaration that every team will have its own women’s side for a 2022-23 competition that will start at the end of next year.

I think us entering the comp later than the other clubs is a good omen.

The HFC entered the VFL with the last group of clubs (Doggies and North) in 1925.
We are the most successful team in the VFL/AFL competition since then.

I predict the same level of success for our ladies team. :)

has Ralphy got his dates right? Too eager fo find a ‘problem’ me thinks
Think the start date is right. I'm sure the vaccination won't be an issue given they'll end up getting priority. I do wonder if they'll employ a hub system as it does seem like the possibility of lockdowns will still be very real at that point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is amazing for the club! As a dad of two girls (<3) I am ecstatic that I will be able to introduce them to AFL through the women's game and wont have to be in a position where they want to support another club because there are no girl hawks to support.

Anyone who questions the cost of this is very short sighted in my view and ignores the long term impact on membership if all the young girls today start supporting other clubs (there is a reason Pies/Blues/Dons/Tigers etc have so many more supporters) whilst sponsors are increasingly looking to spread their dollars across both codes and teams without a women's side could find themselves.

I also look forward hopefully to some Father / Daughter or Mother / Son recruits in the future!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back