Unofficial Preview ******* hawthorn again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I'm certain it's not racist. We have five indigenous boys on our list and three of them were playing that night."

- Andrew Newbold, then the Hawthorn president after Adam Goodes was heavily booed in 2015 against the Hawks.

I understand that this number thing is a player lead initiative, and Burgoyne is a tremendous man and a terrific ambassador for the Indigenous community who I don't blame in the slightest for playing under idiots like Newbold and Kennett, but it does ring a bit hollow and it looks like the club is using Adam to cash in on some good PR after their current president has predictably offended an ethnic minority only a few days ago.

Just seemed bizarre considering the team has Clarke and Rose in it
We've carried players all year. This is still the best we've lined up all year even with those two in it. A fit Cunningham and in form Ronke for Clarke and Rose would be our best team imo

We've carried players all year. This is still the best we've lined up all year even with those two in it. A fit Cunningham and in form Ronke for Clarke and Rose would be our best team imo

Hmmm not sure. What I do know is that Hawthorn have more spuds in the 22 they’ve named than we do, which is nice

Excited for this game! It’s a game set up for our boys to shove all the Goodes hardship into the Hawks faces, end the SCG hoodoo against them and set the tempo for the end of the year fixtures!

Really happy to see the young/ inexperienced players in again like COR after his knock, Rose after his last performance and goal and needless to say the likes of Blakey in there to cause chaos!

Hoping for something along the lines of
COR 20+ disposals
Heeney to get mark of the year in this game!!
Paps and Blakey for 2 goals each
Aliir to dominate again
Lastly, Swans to win by 20-30

.......is that really too much to ask for?

Excited for this game! It’s a game set up for our boys to shove all the Goodes hardship into the Hawks faces, end the SCG hoodoo against them and set the tempo for the end of the year fixtures!

Really happy to see the young/ inexperienced players in again like COR after his knock, Rose after his last performance and goal and needless to say the likes of Blakey in there to cause chaos!

Hoping for something along the lines of
COR 20+ disposals
Heeney to get mark of the year in this game!!
Paps and Blakey for 2 goals each
Aliir to dominate again
Lastly, Swans to win by 20-30

.......is that really too much to ask for?
20+ good disposals or bad? I’ve had a lot of roots in my time but that doesn’t mean I’m a good rooter!

We'll have our share of the ball..... but we do nothing with it.
Sounds familiar... it can turn around in the blink of an eye (following months of hard work!)

You'll forgive if I hope it takes another week or two for you guys to turn it around... I do expect you guys to be back playing finals next year.

I think Clarke is cementing himself into the team. He's doing a good job tagging - and improving each week - while his disposal is improving as well. I feel with a fit Cunningham and in form Ronke the last spot is between Hayward & Menzel (based off of the last month)

I think Clarke is cementing himself into the team. He's doing a good job tagging - and improving each week - while his disposal is improving as well. I feel with a fit Cunningham and in form Ronke the last spot is between Hayward & Menzel (based off of the last month)

Each to their own. Imo Clarke is a one trick pony atm and needs to provide more than solid tagging. Cunningham can tag also and do a lot more with ball in hand. He also has a lot more speed. So based on that I've gone with Cunningham > Clarke.

Also Hayward and Menzel at their best are both miles ahead of Clarke and his tagging abilities. Their both best 22 players and Clarke should no be getting a game ahead of either of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice touch by the Hawthorn footy club to respect Goodes...(But avoid reading the comments below and on their Facebook post. Just the usual cesspool of Goodes bashing by their ******ed supporters)
Nice touch but a few years too late.

The AFL boys club were nowhere to be seen during one of the most disgraceful episodes in Australian sport.

What he did on the field? I don’t recall him pinching and stomping...will they boo Stratton? Of course it was racist!
Totally agree with this.
Goodes was class on and off the field.

To ‘pretend’ you don’t like what he did on the field is cognitive bias which is just another name for racism.

Totally agree with this.
Goodes was class on and off the field.

To ‘pretend’ you don’t like what he did on the field is cognitive bias which is just another name for racism.

His "on field acts" were an excuse for bigots and bogans to express their vitriol towards one of the games greats.

I think a combination of him being unfairly tarnished by a few careless sliding incidents, playing for the AFL "love child", and being a proud black man was just the perfect fuel for the hatred and jealousy that was already there.

It’s so sad that he copped more disdain than a man that compared him to King Kong. I mean that fact alone shows you the sad state of affairs that went on at the time and still continues today.

Goodes has and will continue to rise above all of that with a dignity that none of his critics could ever come close to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why continue the whole Adam Goodes getting booed hysteria?

Its just grandstanding after the event. Talk about your point of view on it all till your blue in the face but from a football point of view I don't really need my time wasted with it anymore.

Just want to watch the game and shout abuse at the opposition and the umpires.

Maybe next week we can have one minutes silence for all the bald headed flogs out there.

So disappointed Menzel kept his spot, he was recruited to play AFL but is only NEAFL standard. Bad luck for McCartin who is AFL standard but apparently we recruited him to play in the NEAFL.

Why continue the whole Adam Goodes getting booed hysteria?

Its just grandstanding after the event. Talk about your point of view on it all till your blue in the face but from a football point of view I don't really need my time wasted with it anymore.

Just want to watch the game and shout abuse at the opposition and the umpires.

Maybe next week we can have one minutes silence for all the bald headed flogs out there.
You're entitled to your viewpoint and I'm also entitled to believe your viewpoint is bullsh*t.

Grandstanding? Do you really think the whole Goodes saga was resolved in any meaningful way? People talk about the whole thing being "divisive" but people only say that about things they don't want to acknowledge. I for one am glad that the doco has fired up some discussion about it because I don't think people were called to account enough on it at the time.

And if people are getting bent out of shape about this small gesture from Hawthorn then I think that speaks volumes.

50/50 game IMO.. Clarkson would have been in war mode with the hawks all week knowing they have the mental edge over us.. Bringing back Roughie could spark them and Burgoyne playing like a talented prick.. Wouldn't suprise me if they kick the first 3 goals and its a dog fight all night.. Hope im wrong. GO SWANS

50/50 game IMO.. Clarkson would have been in war mode with the hawks all week knowing they have the mental edge over us.. Bringing back Roughie could spark them and Burgoyne playing like a talented prick.. Wouldn't suprise me if they kick the first 3 goals and its a dog fight all night.. Hope im wrong. GO SWANS
Seems like we're the ones that get off to flyers in matches against the Hawks at the SCG in recent times. Then we can hardly score for the next 3 quarters.

I reckon if we keep form we'll win but it's a fickle bastard that form.

Are we looking at a dry track still?

Looking at the changes

In: Hayward, Jones, Kennedy
Out: McCartin, McVeigh, Thurlow

Hayward for McCartin straight swap as a forward
Jones for Thurlow as a defender?
Kennedy for McVeigh. McVeigh was playing wing initially before O'Riordan was knocked out and then went to defence. So perhaps Heeney to the wing (who was mostly inside last game) and JPK back in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back