News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen where the Chief stands on this? Has he put his support to one side?
Taking into account his comments when Clarkson was moved on I don’t think he’s a massive fan of the current board.

So much for that cunning plan.
The club rules state that brand new 2023 members can actually vote. That’s not right to me. They should announce the opening of nominations t0 members and close off the membership list. Only valid 2022 members should be allowed to vote at the 2022 AGM, not $50 2023 members. Merlino was all
Over this.

Fresh and ethical? Think the existing board members might throw up his lack of nomination understanding speaks to his competence levels as 2 others had no issues and understood timelines. Apparently a fair bit of detail coming back about his time as footy director, hawks for change probably prepared but want to be.
Gowers won 2 flags as footy director. A flag as a player. Was one of the players who helped Brisbane to play finals after we traded him there. Stood up to Kennett after he came back as president, so it’s hardly surprising they are now bad mouthing him

I don’t believe for one second that Jeff will leave the club and never say another thing about Hawthorn, he’ll put his hand up for an opinion on anything and everything regardless. That’s what he does.

Still, can’t wait to see him go.

I had a listen to the Anne-Marie Pellizer pod this morning and I really didn’t like the way she came across when Ash and the boys asked very valid questions about the board and how they’ve handled things recently. Very defensive and dismissive. I’m interested to know if others felt the same.

Just listened to that and totally agree. The thing that’s annoying me most about the current board members is they seem to have a view that no one else could run the club effectively which to me just reeks of arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just listened to that and totally agree. The thing that’s annoying me most about the current board members is they seem to have a view that no one else could run the club effectively which to me just reeks of arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think what they haven't realised is that in the corporate world there are main shareholders who control the vote whereas here each member only gets 1 vote.

Only if dhat polliie is up tweeting late at nights. Metlino doesn’t come across as that type.
It’s such a false equivalency that because Jeff’s a reckless loudmouth who has to push forward a political opinion on everything that anyone else that’s ever been associated with politics will do the same thing.

Gowers is a Liberal party member and HFC members of all persuasions are flocking to vote for him, which completely discounts Jeff’s comments that this is “politically motivated”.

It’s such a false equivalency that because Jeff’s a reckless loudmouth who has to push forward a political opinion on everything that anyone else that’s ever been associated with politics will do the same thing.

Gowers is a Liberal party member and HFC members of all persuasions are flocking to vote for him, which completely discounts Jeff’s comments that this is “politically motivated”.
SYL, don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro trying to do her best to unify Hawks fans...https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1595236189497425920?s=20&t=qEpurje004r4lywpoJ2InA
I listened, I don’t think she was as critical as it reads in print. Just that she has genuine fears about Dingley - which is not unreasonable though I certainly disagree. For the most part I think we would have learned from the facilities that have failed (Tullamarine, Seaford), and gone the other way. I think it’s telling how much of a community centre Dingley will be which those other places are not.

The rest of it all re the board and AGM is all pretty fair.

Last edited:
I could understand concerns if games were still played at club home grounds, if there were still facilities for drinks and meals after games but those days are long gone

I just don’t think fans have that same connection to actual bricks and mortar facilities - it’s a training ground and that’s all

As for past and present players - it’s not the first move and again connections aren’t made to something concrete, it’s the friendships made inside and I’m sure they’ll be as strong as ever. For current and new players, it will mean state of the art facilities - that will be a stand alone win.

I don’t live in Melbourne so maybe I’m way off base but I just can’t see it being the issue that’s implied

The comparison to Seaford is pretty silly

Seaford is basically Frankston.
It’s prob a 45 min drive to MCG

Dingley is prob 30 min

It doesn’t sound like much but if HFC players are living bayside & Richmond area then they’re looking at 10 & 30 min drives

Saints players looking at extra 15 min each way. 30min per day

Did anyone listen to Richie? I listened and can’t believe how much he threw Silk under the bus on the racism report. That’s civil war if I’m hearing it correctly, only explanation is obviously thinks Silk is with Gowers.

Did anyone listen to Richie? I listened and can’t believe how much he threw Silk under the bus on the racism report. That’s civil war if I’m hearing it correctly, only explanation is obviously thinks Silk is with Gowers.
Yeah I did and it was pretty extraordinary. As was his angst towards Gowers, Sill and Merlino where he essentially accused them of a dirty campaign and “personal attacks”, which seemed really off considering the way Jeff has conducted himself.

He did at first, but then he said that Silk couldn’t have provided any red flags to the board about what was being uncovered as they all knew nothing of the allegations until the report was in front of them.

Yeah I did and it was pretty extraordinary. As was his angst towards Gowers, Sill and Merlino where he essentially accused them of a dirty campaign and “personal attacks”, which seemed really off considering the way Jeff has conducted himself.
Dare I say it. H4C have an increasing “polarising view of young Richie”
Richie is rapidly becoming the new Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back