News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the $15 mill ?? now that Kennett is gone and MerlinO on the board

Nope, no confirmation. What a stunning failure for Gowers and Merlino to not secure and announce government funding in just 2 weeks over the Christmas period when the government has only just come out of caretaker mode the week before. Happy now?

Nope, no confirmation. What a stunning failure for Gowers and Merlino to not secure and announce government funding in just 2 weeks over the Christmas period when the government has only just come out of caretaker mode the week before. Happy now?
Time for them to go, if true.

The fact that we had record numbers vote in the AGM and that Hudson survived the vote shows she’s respected by all segments of the membership base. She’s got Hawthorn bonafides, commercial acumen and is a good operator all round. She’ll make a great future president.
I just love her for her movie career!

Kennett, is that you?

Pity you didn't demand such high standards from the previous board.
Some would say I’m a slow learner & I’m slowly learning to let shite posts, like the one you quoted, go thru to the keeper

geez you blokes jump at shadows

it was a simple question I wasn't insinuating anything

#jumpatshadows

settle down

looking forward to the $15 mill released to us asap now that Kennett gob is not a road block

geez you blokes jump at shadows

it was a simple question I wasn't insinuating anything

#jumpatshadows

settle down

looking forward to the $15 mill released to us asap now that Kennett gob is not a road block
It wasn’t a simple question.
You were being a dick.

You asked the question 2 weeks after the AGM & while the state gov is in caretaker mode.

Anyone with half a brain would know that a caretaker gov can not approve anything let alone a $15mil grant to a sporting club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn’t a simple question.
You were being a dick.

You asked the question 2 weeks after the AGM & while the state gov is in caretaker mode.

Anyone with half a brain would know that a caretaker gov can not approve anything let alone a $15mil grant to a sporting club.

Anyone with half a brain could also have just googled the answer rather than continue with the sad pantomime they are bizarrely continuing on here.

It’s actually hilarious to me that we have answers to all these questions as evidenced by his past behavior, and what we’ve seen him do both inside and outside of the club but you’re still asking “How will the real Jeff Kennett act now that he didn’t get his way?”

We know already.

His behavior last night was cringeworthy, and it was true to form.
Jeff is yet to make a negative comment that I have heard. For now he has made no comment … and that is good. Maybe SYL’s thought that, “We know already”, is incorrect.

I expect Jeff will tee-off with his grievances in the future. But as of today, he has not said a negative word against the club.

Expecting the worst from people always results in the worst outcome.

I hope for Jeff to be a positive person for the Hawks in the next 3 years. In all likelihood he will vent his spleen, but until he does… He is a Hawthorn Man that has helped our club greatly.

Let’s see what happens

Last edited:
The point is… and remains… until Jeff actually becomes the hateful guy we all expect him to be… we should hold our powder.
Agree 100%. Let's hope he's made a new year's resolution to be less controversial.

On the other hand maybe Dan can rile him up and he can stay focused on politics ;)

Jeff is yet to make a negative comment that I have heard. For now he has made no comment … and that is good. Maybe SYL’s thought that, “We know already”, is incorrect.

I expect Jeff will tee-off with his grievances in the future. But as of today, he has not said a negative word against the club.

I hope for Jeff to be a positive person for the Hawks in the next 3 years. In all likelihood he will vet his spleen, but until he does… He is a Hawthorn Man that has helped our club greatly.

Let’s see what happens
This is the third time you’ve returned to my post since it was made, quoted it at 2am in the morning… and added nothing new.

Next time just go to bed.

I hope for Jeff to be a positive person for the Hawks in the next 3 years. In all likelihood he will vet his spleen, but until he does… He is a Hawthorn Man that has helped our club greatly.

Let’s see what happens
If you ignore his just sook at the AGM sure.

Let’s see what happens

Did you somehow not see any of the things he said right around the time of the AGM?

Or did you mean, that he's not said anything negative to you directly?

This is the third time you’ve returned to my post since it was made, quoted it at 2am in the morning… and added nothing new.

Next time just go to bed.
I often finish work after 12am champ... and unless I missed the rule that says that I cannot post after 12am …. I will post when I like.

Nothing new…? The NEW part is TIME! Hence the word “Yet”

Typically people who feel aggrieved lash out straight away. But JK, to my knowledge, has not yet rag on the Hawks new set up to anyone who will report it (with many, many reporters fishing for an exclusive -ve quote). And that is good. He is showing restraint.

SYL you keep playing the man (me) when the point I have made is holding true: Until he has a go at the new Hawthorn FC management after his disappointment of the GM… he could still chose to work to help the Hawks.

Be clear: I expect you will be correct but I hope you are not.

Also note: if you did not have a personal go at me I would not have to make my point multiple times. It would have been just 2wice. The 1st time to make the point to give him a chance, and the 2nd time based on the his not being a sniper “yet”.

So, SYL, we have sized each other up and you have found me to be an overly forgiving bastard and I have found you to be a regretfully unforgiving bastard.

Time to Move On! … and Wait for Jeff to show who he now chooses to be.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm getting nostalgic.

I used to like it when the evil competitors were the other teams.
Virtue is persecuted by the wicked more than it is loved by the good. But until death it is all life.
The term “Evil“ is a construct of man or of god designed to constrain us… none of which matters here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back