News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good turnout, but I much prefer the Family Day at Glenferrie. There is more green space, public transport access, and it ties us back to our true home base.

Bringing back past players to hand out the guernseys to players from a number of eras was also a great touch - Jordan Lewis and family back in brown and gold again.
Tbf think it was meant to be originally be an open training/family day (but the grass wasn’t ready) so I think that’s why it was here….

Have split out the key points from the members email into their own threads, but I really like the 'update from the whole club' theme, with President, CEO, AFL and AFLW coach all taking part.

Much better than what we were given previously.

Very interesting to see the vote outcome from the Board update email just then. So surprised Ed Sill came last here.

Gowers brained 'em though for Prez.

View attachment 1619290
On one hand, I’m surprised on the other hand would be shocking (and would be so many questions) if Lui got backed by both camps and came last in the voting…

I’m not surprised at how seamless the transition to the Gowers era has been. He is not in it for himself (unlike his predecessor).

He ran on unity, governance, member engagement. Well at the first step, he ticked all three:

Unity - Appointed Katie Hudson, who didn’t endorse him, and actively ran against him as his VP. Bringing the factions together.

Governance - A proper process led by a diverse group to appoint a Footy Director. No ‘Presidents Pick’ in sight.

Member Engagement - Inspire and unite forum plus a new and improved ‘whole of club’ communication template.

I suspect we will get the $15m in Dingley funding soon, and then his tenure gets an even bigger tick.

What a start. Isn’t it great to have adults in the room that are there for the betterment of the club, not their own personal ego.

I’m not surprised at how seamless the transition to the Gowers era has been. He is not in it for himself (unlike his predecessor).

He ran on unity, governance, member engagement. Well at the first step, he ticked all three:

Unity - Appointed Katie Hudson, who didn’t endorse him, and actively ran against him as his VP. Bringing the factions together.

Governance - A proper process led by a diverse group to appoint a Footy Director. No ‘Presidents Pick’ in sight.

Member Engagement - Inspire and unite forum plus a new and improved ‘whole of club’ communication template.

I suspect we will get the $15m in Dingley funding soon, and then his tenure gets an even bigger tick.

What a start. Isn’t it great to have adults in the room that are there for the betterment of the club, not their own personal ego.
I’ve heard we already have the extra $10mil that Jeff goaded Andy about finding - and I heard this from a long retired CEO who follows Essendon( he has no reason to make it up) and plays a lot of golf with the sort of people that have this sort of money laying around.

Also have heard the state gov have confirmed the $15 million.

There’s a school of thought that we’re waiting on a pollie to make themselves available for an announcement in front of the cameras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's a coincidence that it all went pear-shaped for us when it all went to s**t behind the scenes.

It's no surprise that the best clubs of the century with sustained success have all been well-run behind the scenes. We were well-drilled in all aspects during our years at the top. Need to get that machine back on track.

These are all excellent first steps.

I’ve heard we already have the extra $10mil that Jeff goaded Andy about finding - and I heard this from a long retired CEO who follows Essendon( he has no reason to make it up) and plays a lot of golf with the sort of people that have this sort of money laying around.

Also have heard the state gov have confirmed the $15 million.

There’s a school of thought that we’re waiting on a pollie to make themselves available for an announcement in front of the cameras.
I assume the fact there was no mention of dingley in the email means they will probably have a presser about getting the funding sometime soon…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back