Hawthorn and Adelaide - who has the greater support base?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty tough question.
Most Crows supporters I know aren't even members, but then again some are. Membership isn't always the way to tell anyway but it's an indicator.
Adelaide are pretty much the state team here though. It'd be 60% of the state plus. There are a lot of Hawks fans around the place in Melbourne too, but they seem to have stopped attending games as much the past little while.

Pretty tough question.
Most Crows supporters I know aren't even members, but then again some are. Membership isn't always the way to tell anyway but it's an indicator.
Adelaide are pretty much the state team here though. It'd be 60% of the state plus. There are a lot of Hawks fans around the place in Melbourne too, but they seem to have stopped attending games as much the past little while.
I think the Crows could nearly have double the ’fans’ of Hawthorn but being in a two team state does that. I wouldn’t be surprised if the average SA person just picks the Crows and doesn’t really watch footy. Clearly doesn’t translate into membership numbers because shouldn’t they only be say 15k behind WC?

A lot of neutrals here in SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Crows could nearly have double the ’fans’ of Hawthorn but being in a two team state does that. I wouldn’t be surprised if the average SA person just picks the Crows and doesn’t really watch footy. Clearly doesn’t translate into membership numbers because shouldn’t they only be say 15k behind WC?

A lot of neutrals here in SA

What you mean by neutrals?
It's pretty surprising actually how many people I know that support a non-SA club. It would almost be 50/50 with 50 being non-SA, 50 being Port or Crows.

What you mean by neutrals?
It's pretty surprising actually how many people I know that support a non-SA club. It would almost be 50/50 with 50 being non-SA, 50 being Port or Crows.
Yep I have also noticed that 1 in 2 people don’t support a SA team over here. Or I just meet the right people.

Not sure about Adelaide, but I grew up in country SA before the Crows were a thing.
And every single person supported a VFL club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back