News Hawthorn and Adidas part ways in 2022…what next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
0ae7285c4f9a2fa72d4aa2997d4f7fa6.png

Anyone know what was found on Jaeger's knee?
hot spot

Just a few observations from afar.
First, the fact that Burton is involved in a five year deal with a major sponsor, and with a feature that one would expect to be permanent for the next five years, makes me think that his contract negotiations could be well on the way.:)

Secondly, while Jaeger said he didn't talk about Lynch's contract talks during their time together, I bet they discussed the difference in professionalism between the two clubs, and how happy Jaeger is here.:)

Third, Cyril gave me the impression that he will be concentrating on his footy this year, without any outside worries, so we should expect a great season from the champ.:)

Finally, the way these three handle themselves is a credit to them and their club. I saw an interview with Adam Trealor yesterday also, and there is no comparison.

Just a few observations from afar.
First, the fact that Burton is involved in a five year deal with a major sponsor, and with a feature that one would expect to be permanent for the next five years, makes me think that his contract negotiations could be well on the way.:)

Secondly, while Jaeger said he didn't talk about Lynch's contract talks during their time together, I bet they discussed the difference in professionalism between the two clubs, and how happy Jaeger is here.:)

Third, Cyril gave me the impression that he will be concentrating on his footy this year, without any outside worries, so we should expect a great season from the champ.:)

Finally, the way these three handle themselves is a credit to them and their club. I saw an interview with Adam Trealor yesterday also, and there is no comparison.

I would love that to be true about Burton - but he only re-signed midway through last year - so another extension might be unlikely in the short term. Hope I am wrong though!

Loving the way O'Meara talks also - he's getting more and more confident each time I see him talking to the press. He must have been getting irritated after 29 repeated questions about the knee - all of which getting much the same answer. He never appeared irritated or impatient though. If he has leadership qualities he will potentially make a great captain down the line.

Treloar is a grub. His comments taking a shot at Richmond after signing with Collingwood were poor & the way he had a crack at Tom Mitchell last year during our first meeting about always handballing really annoyed me.

Bloke should concentrate on hitting a target on the field. Flog

I would love that to be true about Burton - but he only re-signed midway through last year - so another extension might be unlikely in the short term. Hope I am wrong though!

Loving the way O'Meara talks also - he's getting more and more confident each time I see him talking to the press. He must have been getting irritated after 29 repeated questions about the knee - all of which getting much the same answer. He never appeared irritated or impatient though. If he has leadership qualities he will potentially make a great captain down the line.
God that must have been getting annoying.

He answers 7 questions about his knee.

Guy in the back "So hows the knee Jaeger"

God that must have been getting annoying.

He answers 7 questions about his knee.

Guy in the back "So hows the knee Jaeger"

It was an outstanding display of the asshattery you find in Australian sports media.

Treloar is a grub. His comments taking a shot at Richmond after signing with Collingwood were poor & the way he had a crack at Tom Mitchell last year during our first meeting about always handballing really annoyed me.

Have to agree with you LR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news with adidas.

Cyril's interview gave me the impression he was a long way off playing and hence he did not do a much training when he had time off.

Did others get that opinion?

Not really - I picked up that he had been training - I think he was alluding to the heat in Darwin while doing some training at some point.

EDIT: I listened again - he said he was given a training program when he was away at the start of the interview. About 3 minutes in he says he had a program of running and leg work - and that he tried to complete that 'as best as he could'. Sounds to me as though he was training.

Last edited:
Great news with adidas.

Cyril's interview gave me the impression he was a long way off playing and hence he did not do a much training when he had time off.

Did others get that opinion?
From what I gather he did the bare minimum due to the heat. But has mentally refreshed himself which he believes is more important for his football. Club has him on a 10 week training block to get him right for the start of the season (might not be rd1 but will be close). Given how he has come back from injury in the past I'm not too concerned.

From what I gather he did the bare minimum due to the heat. But has mentally refreshed himself which he believes is more important for his football. Club has him on a 10 week training block to get him right for the start of the season (might not be rd1 but will be close). Given how he has come back from injury in the past I'm not too concerned.

Glad he is in good mental shape.

Would love him to be back for the Cats match !!

That’s a sacred (Hawthorn) site.

I always cross myself when passing by.

Worked there :)
Manager by the name of Nutall was also a Hawks supporter.
Picture of him here somewhere.

The Ray Taylor Show ran amok there one day in 1965.

Readings appears to be now housed where Coles old storeroom unloading bay was.
Hard to tell from the video.

Anyone who has had Treloar in Supercoach knows he is incapable of the latter.

Coles is on one corner, Readings is on the other.

I knew the inaugural Coles manager there, Harry Lawler, who I think had a few games with Hawthorn seconds in the 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back