Hawthorn and Sam Mitchell selling out Clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez some people are easily convinced. Its like 3 weeks in. Of course they can keep up the facade at this point. The tough times haven't even begun. This is still the honeymoon period.

It won't last though because there's no foundation for their relationship together. Clarko doesn't want the young upstart taking his role until he's good and done with it. Mitchell won't enjoy the comparison.

nice. I’m happy for you getting joy from an online footy forum pinned something

what an interesting life you lead
Wow where did this come from.
Randomly quote a comment of me asking a mod to pin their post then randomly reply passive aggressively.

Last edited:
Years of sacrifice and success, by one of the greatest coaches of our era..... giving the hawks 4 flags and many happy memories.

Yet at the first signs of trouble, clarko is sold out, by his club and former mentoree Sam Mitchell.

Poor old Clarko is put out to pasture far to early.......Just terrible by the "Family Club". IMO they owed him better.

Discuss!

[Uunfurl="true"]https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...lan-off-to-a-shaky-start-20210720-p58b99.html[/URL]
Certainly sucked you in

Im 100% certain she's got bad sources. She's never really reported once on hawthorn, until now. Not even during the last 10 years when we were the biggest and most sucessful club at the time. Hardly any news bar from things from player agents and clubs leaking they had offered Clarkson money to jump sh*t.

She hasn't really had reason to. Stable club with the same coach for 17 years. Other than Jeff Kennett coming and going there hasn't been that much to talk about.

Caro is a footy industry journalist. Backroom deals, board tickets, relocations etc. That's her wheelhouse. She'll be all over this 'situation' because speculating about people's intentions and things they have said behind closed doors that would never be made public is money for jam. Does Clarko want out or to coach past next year? Maybe. Does Mitchell want Clarko gone? Maybe. Does Kennett want Clarko gone? Maybe. Is having a contract for 2022 an issue with footy dept caps? Definitely.

The motivation of all parties can change in time. If Clarkson leaves at any stage before the end of 2022 Caro will say 'told you so'. If he doesn't, she'll say that he wanted to but couldn't get a release from his contract.

She hasn't really had reason to. Stable club with the same coach for 17 years. Other than Jeff Kennett coming and going there hasn't been that much to talk about.

Caro is a footy industry journalist. Backroom deals, board tickets, relocations etc. That's her wheelhouse. She'll be all over this 'situation' because speculating about people's intentions and things they have said behind closed doors that would never be made public is money for jam. Does Clarko want out or to coach past next year? Maybe. Does Mitchell want Clarko gone? Maybe. Does Kennett want Clarko gone? Maybe. Is having a contract for 2022 an issue with footy dept caps? Definitely.

The motivation of all parties can change in time. If Clarkson leaves at any stage before the end of 2022 Caro will say 'told you so'. If he doesn't, she'll say that he wanted to but couldn't get a release from his contract.
We have had stories in the media, Every time Clarksons contract was in negotiation leaks would come out that he was taking X deal, going to west coast/Adelaide/Melbourne, time and time again he would rubbish it, and actually get visibly angry at the notion when journalists challenged him about it (We have a source)

I mean this is my club so I understand talking to people on bigfooty will defend their club to the hilt, However Clarkson has always been straight forward. Things may change yes, but i believe 100% both Clarkson/Mitchell/Kennett would all be on the same page if they are saying it. Sam is just as brutal and blunt as Clarkson as well. Im sure both are going to disagree with some small things however both are the type of guys to swallow pride and do whats best for the club. They also both buy into that leading teams cult vibe so it'll work out

We have had stories in the media, Every time Clarksons contract was in negotiation leaks would come out that he was taking X deal, going to west coast/Adelaide/Melbourne, time and time again he would rubbish it, and actually get visibly angry at the notion when journalists challenged him about it (We have a source)

I mean this is my club so I understand talking to people on bigfooty will defend their club to the hilt, However Clarkson has always been straight forward. Things may change yes, but i believe 100% both Clarkson/Mitchell/Kennett would all be on the same page if they are saying it. Sam is just as brutal and blunt as Clarkson as well. Im sure both are going to disagree with some small things however both are the type of guys to swallow pride and do whats best for the club. They also both buy into that leading teams cult vibe so it'll work out

Quite a sad outcome this ended up being. Silly old Mike is one of the old school journo's that has made a career from the adage that you never let facts get in the way of a good story (ala Wilson).
Clarko, a short time after at a presser; "Look, I'm just really disappointed a good mate was sold a pup and then prioritized some media kudos ahead of our relationship, respectfully that is my final public comment on the matter!"
Reportedly, their long term friendship has never fully recovered since...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been to drug rehab.
Ambivalence and denial can be your worst enemies in the first days of your recovery.
I wish you well
Wow where did this come from.
Randomly quote a comment of me asking a mod to pin their post then randomly reply passive aggressively.
It runs deep in them.
“I hate them more than anyone else''

It won't last though because there's no foundation for their relationship together.
Are you trying to look silly, deliberately?

Mitchell would be doing Clarko a favour. The Hawthorn lists looks terrible and another year losing the majority of games would only hurt Clarko's brand further.
List isn't that bad.
Backline looks promising

Scrimshaw Day Sicily DGB Jiath Hardwick

Mids look weak. No outside wingers.

Fwd line looks weak but Kositchke looks promising .

But yeah. Plenty of work to do in next three years ... But not without promise

Last edited:
No outside wingers.
Bramble is showing a bit.

Has the toe to break lines, very composed under pressure to find himself some space, good ball use and creative in space.

Bramble, Day, Impey and Jiath have incredible speed. Sicily was quick, but we have no idea what impact his knee will have.
We lack quality in that area of the ground that's why we often grab players from other areas of the ground as options.... so I do agree with WillHayward

All those guys could play wing, I'd love to see Sicily in that role tbh. Would be a hard match up for most opposition wings. But we would need ready made replacements in their current roles for it to improve the side.

Bramble is someone I doubt many opposition support have noticed yet only played a few games but his improvement each week is what has excited many of us hawks fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back