Alex_au

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Years of sacrifice and success, by one of the greatest coaches of our era..... giving the hawks 4 flags and many happy memories.

Yet at the first signs of trouble, clarko is sold out, by his club and former mentoree Sam Mitchell.

Poor old Clarko is put out to pasture far to early.......Just terrible by the "Family Club". IMO they owed him better.

Discuss!

Sam Mitchell has gone on record today to rubbish this reporting. That's all it is anyway. Garbage! Yawnnnnn.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Well, I guess if Mitchell denied it then that puts it all to bed.

If there were really something bad going on behind the scenes at the club I'm sure he and everyone involved at the club would want the wider football to know all about it so this completely reassures me that everything is going okay.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well, I guess if Mitchell denied it then that puts it all to bed.

If there were really something bad going on behind the scenes at the club I'm sure he and everyone involved at the club would want the wider football to know all about it so this completely reassures me that everything is going okay.

Everyone has publicly denied it. And if it turns out to be true will be exposed as liars and have lost the faith of members.

Vs Caro and other no-name journos writing articles about things other journos have written.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

falcons2

All Australian
Feb 19, 2009
Melbourne OuterEast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There are those in the media who aren't sure if they want to be gossip columnists or sports journalists.

It has been suggested that Clarkson was at his best when Fagan was at Hawthorn, because Fagan challenged him, made him think through every last detail. Since Fagan's departure there has been no-one in this role.
Hopefully, Sam is doing that.

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
"A Little Left of Heaven"
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Years of sacrifice and success, by one of the greatest coaches of our era..... giving the hawks 4 flags and many happy memories.

Yet at the first signs of trouble, clarko is sold out, by his club and former mentoree Sam Mitchell.

Poor old Clarko is put out to pasture far to early.......Just terrible by the "Family Club". IMO they owed him better.

Discuss!

I think you need to change the thread title to Sam Mitchell Proved Caro is Telling Porkies. Troll thread.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Sam Mitchell has gone on record today to rubbish this reporting.

What else can he do? If he were to say anything else, he'd be ****ed.

I know a lot off footy journos are full of click bait s**t, but you can never believe what someone from an actual club is saying. It's invariably spin.

'No racism at Collingwood'
'Im shocked to be sitting here'
'I havent made my decision on the contract yet, leaving that to the end of the year'
'We support the coach fully'

Etc.

The only dude in living memory to come out and blast the club publicly was Malthouse with us, and we sacked him within the hour.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What else can he do? If he were to say anything else, he'd be f’ed.

I know a lot off footy journos are full of click bait sh*t, but you can never believe what someone from an actual club is saying. It's invariably spin.

'No racism at Collingwood'
'Im shocked to be sitting here'
'I havent made my decision on the contract yet, leaving that to the end of the year'
'We support the coach fully'

Etc.

The only dude in living memory to come out and blast the club publicly was Malthouse with us, and we sacked him within the hour.

Clarko, Kennett, and Mitchell are all lying. The wheels have fallen off. Clarko will be gone in 2022 and Mitchell will be coaching?

Is that what you are saying?

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't know if the journalists are correct here, but Mitchell denying it doesn't mean much. Clubs deny they are sacking coaches, and three weeks later that coach is gone. Players lie about leaving clubs, etc etc. People lie all the time.

I do find it interesting how some people are willing to take Mitchell at his word but not journalists, as if one is always truthful and the other not. Personally, I find it hard to believe that Clarkson would be happy in this situation so hearing that there may be a rift isn't surprising, however I also don't know him personally so maybe I am just full of it. Kennett is also Kennett.

The truth really is probably somewhere in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back