Welcome Hawthorn appoints Tracey Gaudry as its new CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Comes over as a very strong and intelligent person, and she got the job because of her resume, and presentation, not because of her gender.

Welcome to the family club Tracy, I hope you enjoy your first game on Saturday, ironically, Box Hill woman V Geelong.

Let's hope now that the club has a leader, we can lift the standard of our on field performances.

Watched the presser and just got that **** eating grin on my face. Looking pretty damn impressive and based on the credentials and that conference, she will make a formidable team with Clarko...

Well done Hawks
Could not agree more! She is fiercely intelligent and driven if the presser is anything to go by. Great day for the club :D

Really like this appointment. Watched the presser. Very impressed. Has a vision. Like someone else said, reminds of the situation when we got Clarko. Took our time and got the right person. And I am gonna say it, I don't normally think about this, but i like that she is a woman. Only woman ever on the UCI board. Obviously a very quality individual.

All we want the Chief Executive Officer of the Hawthorn Football Club to be is the best person available to fill the position. If that person happens to be a woman, who cares. All we ask for is the best person available.

Quoting so this doesn't go missed.

For a business/organisation to be successful, any and all candidates should be considered and the absolute best candidate for the position should be the one selected.

Gender, race etc should all be absolutely irrelevant.

The only thing thats relevant is that the person selected for the job was the absolute best person for it and reading her ridiculously impressive (and mildly intimidating I might add) CV combined with viewing how she spoke it seems unquestionable that we've selected the absolute best candidate possible.

Welcome to the family Tracey!

First off, a big LOL to the foaming media out there, who also lambasted HFC when we took our time to appoint Clarko amid their 'sky is falling' prophesies of how we took too long and missed all the good candidates. History. Repeating. #mediahateusaswemakethemlookliketools

If Tracey is as good as what her presser suggests, then boy are we on a winner. Speaks well, says the right things, handled the Q&A expertly. The only clincher would be if a tiggers supporter came on here and said they win the CEO battle because they have Terry Wallet as their CEO and they beat us to the punch.

Having read her resume and seen the presser, I'm confident we've done the right thing taking our time to appoint the best person to oversee the next phase of the club, which includes the all important Dingley development.

Welcome aboard Tracey.

Typical Hawthorn (did anyone tip this appointment?). Love how we play our cards close to our chest. The process of hunting for a new CEO has nothing to do with anyone else but the club. Al the media hoo ha is just that.

Sounds fabulous. Speaks amazing and seems really tough. Don't know a lot about her but really happy for her to be there.

Well done Hawthorn supporters for it taking less than a page before she was questioned because she is a woman. Disgusting. Maybe because I go to a lot more Hawthorn games than any other team, but I have had and heard the most sexist comments from Hawthorn supporters. People who barrack for the same team that I do and I'm getting sexist comments. Grow up you're an embarrassment.
Also don't understand why anyone is trying to drag down Caro. What does she have to do with any of this?

We got a CEO be happy about that, doesn't need her gender to define her ability.

Totally agree we got the best candidate for the job at hand & I was impressed with her presser.
Yes it's 2017 move on some of you neolithic types.
Wow talk about girl power in her speech & seems like she will have the drive & passion to get us where we need to be in the future.
I don't want to preempt this but I think we get a little spike in the membership numbers by some unsigned female members who were maybe sitting on the periphery this season due to our poor start(it's a good thing ok).
On another point. I don't watch much of the footy "shows" but last night had a quick peek at Talking Footy & Footy Class. More to see the insights of what these experts had to say about Traceys' appt. today.
The Talking footy guys just pointed out basically what a crap load of youngsters we have on the list. Comparing ours with the young players Sydney have used in the last season or so.
Just frustrates me if they had a look at the Box Hill side they would see its not all gloom & doom at HFC.
They didn't really say much about Traceys' appt.
Then I braced myself to watch Footy Class... grrrr it's tough more to see what Caro had to say.
Oh she was quite complimentary as you would expect but then... she stated what a huge job it is (uhhmm no s##t Sherlock being one of the biggest sports clubs in OZ). having a go at our pokie ventures & the Dingley move is fraught with danger- she actually went on about that a couple of times.
No risks no reward Caro, ever heard of that one!
She has issues with our club definitely & her unbiased ways towards us is no fluke she does it way too often.
This is why she polarizes a lot of HFC fans including myself. As they say haters are going to hate.
Go Hawks & welcome aboard Tracey.

One thing about Tracey's presser - at one point she did say something about not being seen in the media much as she'll be too busy 'getting on with the job'.

Ahh... now where have we heard that before? Thanks for that, Jeff... I mean Tracey.

I like the appointment, as others have stated; comes across as articulate, intelligent and resilient. Good traits for a CEO. Having come across from the AOC will no doubt be able to play the politics of the AFL boys club for the betterment of our club. With her personal history of coming through leukaemia, and the ambition to both survive and not be defeated by it, just makes me respect her more. Thank you Hawthorn for choosing wisely and intelligently in giving us a quality person to lead us in our next stage of development.

If only Hird had her as CEO....

Yep, she hates drugs in sports. Its interesting in that one of the things they have done in cycling is ban injections full stop. It was very common in cycling for the teams to inject Vitamin B etc as part of their training and the view was that it breaks down inhibitions to moving to the next stage (most people fear needles at the start so breaking that down is seen is the first step). Anyway I digress.

You guys do realize that she was also on the WADA board re making decisions on banning athletes for a while? She was gone by the time the Essendon case progressed to that stage.

Then I braced myself to watch Footy Class... grrrr it's tough more to see what Caro had to say.
Oh she was quite complimentary as you would expect but then... she stated what a huge job it is (uhhmm no s##t Sherlock being one of the biggest sports clubs in OZ). having a go at our pokie ventures & the Dingley move is fraught with danger- she actually went on about that a couple of times.
She has issues with our club definitely & her unbiased ways towards us is no fluke she does it way too often.

Why do Hawks fans insist upon watching the show? They'd save themselves a lot of aggravation by just ignoring her. Who cares what she thinks? We have never needed her tick of approval because it isn't worth a damn. Just ignore her and you will feel 100% better about yourself. The only reason I hear what she's said is because people keep quoting her in this forum. I'd like to see the Hawthorn board declared a Caro free zone as I have no interest in her opinions whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way! Her first job is to get Clarko to submit a new game plan where every player has to beat Usain Bolt over 200meters, or they don't get a game.:)

Better still......sign Bolt to our list and play him on the wing.
Bolt is not required to bounce the ball every 15 because he will have run past the ball by the time it bounces back to him.......Chuck Norris and all that
Catch him if you can

Yep, she hates drugs in sports. Its interesting in that one of the things they have done in cycling is ban injections full stop. It was very common in cycling for the teams to inject Vitamin B etc as part of their training and the view was that it breaks down inhibitions to moving to the next stage (most people fear needles at the start so breaking that down is seen is the first step). Anyway I digress.

You guys do realize that she was also on the WADA board re making decisions on banning athletes for a while? She was gone by the time the Essendon case progressed to that stage.
Did she have any influence on TB4 or substances with the same inherent qualities being banned?

If so - I think she is a bit awesome

I like the appointment, as others have stated; comes across as articulate, intelligent and resilient. Good traits for a CEO. Having come across from the AOC will no doubt be able to play the politics of the AFL boys club for the betterment of our club. With her personal history of coming through leukaemia, and the ambition to both survive and not be defeated by it, just makes me respect her more. Thank you Hawthorn for choosing wisely and intelligently in giving us a quality person to lead us in our next stage of development.

As people will find out pretty quick, she is mentally tougher than most men and will not take a backwards step. I would love to see an idiot like Sam Newman take her on, it would be a massacre.

Totally agree we got the best candidate for the job at hand & I was impressed with her presser.
Yes it's 2017 move on some of you neolithic types.
Wow talk about girl power in her speech & seems like she will have the drive & passion to get us where we need to be in the future.
I don't want to preempt this but I think we get a little spike in the membership numbers by some unsigned female members who were maybe sitting on the periphery this season due to our poor start(it's a good thing ok).
On another point. I don't watch much of the footy "shows" but last night had a quick peek at Talking Footy & Footy Class. More to see the insights of what these experts had to say about Traceys' appt. today.
The Talking footy guys just pointed out basically what a crap load of youngsters we have on the list. Comparing ours with the young players Sydney have used in the last season or so.
Just frustrates me if they had a look at the Box Hill side they would see its not all gloom & doom at HFC.
They didn't really say much about Traceys' appt.
This is why she polarizes a lot of HFC fans including myself. As they say haters are going to hate.
Go Hawks & welcome aboard Tracey.
Im going to have to respectfully disagree.
Caro is a massive hero and inspiration of mine and a lot of women in football so I might be a little bias.
Blind Freddy could see that she is taking on a massive job it's obvious. Hawthorn aren't the same team or club that we were 2 years ago.
On the field we are a rabble and clearly something is happening off.
She has issues with our club? Please. She is doing her job. Plenty of other journalists and media personalities are commenting on hawthorn, but Caro hates us? Ok..

As people will find out pretty quick, she is mentally tougher than most men and will not take a backwards step. I would love to see an idiot like Sam Newman take her on, it would be a massacre.
Without knowing her, she does come across as somebody that you would rather be friendly with, rather than make an enemy of.

Without knowing her, she does come across as somebody that you would rather be friendly with, rather than make an enemy of.

Having worked in the corporate sphere most of my adult life - you can quickly tell who would suffer fools and bullshit and who would be an absolute no-nonsense head kicker. In the presser she quickly reminded me of the latter.

Why do Hawks fans insist upon watching the show? They'd save themselves a lot of aggravation by just ignoring her. Who cares what she thinks? We have never needed her tick of approval because it isn't worth a damn. Just ignore her and you will feel 100% better about yourself. The only reason I hear what she's said is because people keep quoting her in this forum. I'd like to see the Hawthorn board declared a Caro free zone as I have no interest in her opinions whatsoever.
You didn't like her contributions to all things ASADA?

Im going to have to respectfully disagree.
Caro is a massive hero and inspiration of mine and a lot of women in football so I might be a little bias.
Blind Freddy could see that she is taking on a massive job it's obvious. Hawthorn aren't the same team or club that we were 2 years ago.
On the field we are a rabble and clearly something is happening off.
She has issues with our club? Please. She is doing her job. Plenty of other journalists and media personalities are commenting on hawthorn, but Caro hates us? Ok..
I agree that Caro is paid to have her opinion heard/read. To say she has a personal vendetta against the club is a bit of stretch, as all she is doing is her job by creating headlines that people will want to read. At the moment all journo's are having their say/thoughts as this season we have under performed to past expectations. So at the moment we are deserving of the negative articles appearing. I think most people believe that because we have appointed Tracey as our CEO that 1. Caro will go easy on us due to us having a female in charge or 2. That Caro will go hard at us because we have a female CEO. I personally think it's a load of crap, as society in general needs to realise that traditional gender roles are becoming obsolete, and that females are more than capable of holding down professional positions and can be competent in them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back