Play Nice Hawthorn culture and Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be a very touchy subject.

There will be a very broad range of opinions about the correct way to handle this.

I'll remind everyone to post respectfully at this time - sniping at each other is not going to help.

Any continued pointless back and forth will get a day or more to cool off. If you want to avoid this fate, let it go.

Last edited:
I like Currumbin. Great spot. First went there in the summer of 1974 / 1975. Been back a fair few times and still love it.
View attachment 1730018
View attachment 1730017
Great view of the beach from the Surf Lifesaving Club restaurant Vikings.
That Surf Club has got to be close to washing away one day.
Been there many a time during King tides and Storm surges and you cant even get into the place because water has consumed the bottom of it.

That Surf Club has got to be close to washing away one day.
Been there many a time during King tides and Storm surges and you cant even get into the place because water has consumed the bottom of it.
As long as Elephant Rock is there, it should be ok.

I like Currumbin. Great spot. First went there in the summer of 1974 / 1975. Been back a fair few times and still love it.
View attachment 1730018
View attachment 1730017
What a magic spot.
Used to surf there all the time, back in my teens.
Surfed the beach in the photo and went too far north close to the next outcrop of rocks .
Started to suck me around the front of the rocks, took like eternity to paddle against it to climb up the barnacle covered rocks.
My mates were laughing at me.
That was a bad day, but had plenty of great ones, good A frame waves around the other side of the point( north side).
The other great time was when we made the morning sunrise there for Anzac day, that is something that everyone should do if you can.

View attachment 1730018
View attachment 1730017
I spent a lot of time down the Gold Coast in the late 70s early 80s, I was not a surfer but I really enjoyed the beer, food and scenery* down there.

* 1688612403774.jpeg

I see the guy who wrote the Hawthorn racism report has just been charged with 70 cases of fraud and siphoning hundreds of thousands of dollars from an aboriginal organisation and taking secret commissions. Probably not the type of person who should be doing a confidential report on serious racism claims.

I see the guy who wrote the Hawthorn racism report has just been charged with 70 cases of fraud and siphoning hundreds of thousands of dollars from an aboriginal organisation and taking secret commissions. Probably not the type of person who should be doing a confidential report on serious racism claims.

Holy s**t that is wild

Has this review/inquiry completely finished/abandoned or is it still dawdling along?

Nothing is on foot as far as I’m aware.

Maybe some internal afl stuff with Hawthorn.

Extract from Robbo's Likes and Dislikes:

If you’re going to court, you’d like Robert Richter in your corner. It’s understood the author of the Hawks racism report, Phil Egan, has engaged one of Australia’s top lawyers to fight a slew of charges laid last week, unrelated to the Hawks. Richter, KC, has worked on some of the nation’s biggest legal cases including the acquittal of Carlton identity Mick Gatto following the 2004 death of underworld hit man Andrew “Benji” Veniamin. In fact, Gatto has Richter’s name tattooed across his chest. Richter also acted for Cardinal George Pell and the late Melbourne business tycoon John Elliott. Egan is smaller fry in comparison, but, like the other three, maintains his innocence. Egan, who spent Friday in discussions with his legal team, was charged with scores of offences after allegedly stealing from a body set up to help Indigenous communities. The Herald Sun revealed he was expected to be charged over the matter and last Thursday he was hit with 73 offences. Victoria Police said the charges stemmed from an investigation into allegations of fraud relating to the management of a Robinvale-based organisation. Egan was the author of a Cultural Safety Review into racism at Hawthorn and the charges have raised eyebrows, including at the AFL.

Finally movement towards a reconciliation meeting. Unfortunately for the team it's in Melbourne the 2 days before the Collingwood game

Yeah that's rubbish. Why couldn't they have had it the week after gather round? Or even before/at gather round, when everyone's already there?

We play in Melbourne the following round, Hawthorn play at Carrara but on the Saturday so wouldn't leave till the Friday anyway, and North play down at Geelong and that's not till Sunday.

🤦🤦🤦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would rather have the situation conclude swiftly earlier in the season than have fagan potentially facing a drawn out legal process throughout the year

I mean it likely still will drag on though, that’s the thing. This meeting is likely to go nowhere - the accusers are clearly out for blood (read: money); and Clarko/Fages/Hawthorn won’t entertain that because doing so will be a tacit admission of guilt.

Fages and Clarko meeting with their accusers in a HRC Conciliation meeting this week - our coach will miss the main training session on Tuesday to be taken by Ben Hudson.

I doubt this gets resolved today. Will surely bleed in to Wed, if it is resolved at all.

Hopefully Fages doesn’t feel he needs to coach on Thur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back