Autopsy Hawthorn defeats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Being critical or analyzing where they think the team needs to improve isn't sooking, it's critical analysis. You know, like what the coaches do after a game.

There's no way in hell yesterday was a perfect game.
Did I say yesterday was a perfect game??
And being critical is all some seem to do, which is not analyzing anything, its just being a flog
A 70 point win in difficult wind against a giant flood is a fair effort

Did I say yesterday was a perfect game??
And being critical is all some seem to do, which is not analyzing anything, its just being a flog
A 70 point win in difficult wind against a giant flood is a fair effort
And what's wrong with being critical? It's analyzing where they think the team is weak and identifying it as an area that needs improving. That's how some watch sport. It doesn't make them a flog. Maybe they don't feel the need to repeat the simple praise that's already been posted copious amounts of time?

And what's wrong with being critical?
Again, did I say there was anything wrong with being critical??
But being critical for the sake of being critical is something else again
It's analyzing where they think the team is weak and identifying it as an area that needs improving.
Which is what we all enjoy doing
Maybe they don't feel the need to repeat the simple praise that's already been posted copious amounts of time?
So its wrong to praise but all good to carry on like a flog?

Again, did I say there was anything wrong with being critical??
But being critical for the sake of being critical is something else again

Which is what we all enjoy doing

So its wrong to praise but all good to carry on like a flog?
So being critical automatically labels you a flog, does it?

Who in this thread has posted more than one point and only been critical?

So being critical automatically labels you a flog, does it?
Being critical for critical sake = flog yes
Who in this thread has posted more than one point and only been critical?
Quite a few, hence the reason I posted about it
You dont agree, thats fine but I am entitled to be critical....
By the way, werent you one of the posters who is continually critical of Hill?

Go on, name names. Don't just say, "Quite a few".

It's a well known fact I've been critical of Hill, and for good reason. Go and have a look at what I said about him in this thread.

Are you aware that being critical of how others post and stating it in this thread completely contradicts what you were complaining about and makes you a hypocrite? You are being critical for the sake of being critical. If you don't like how others post, you don't need to post it in a game autopsy thread. Yeah?

Go on, name names. Don't just say, "Quite a few".
Whats the point??
People dont like it, well they can PM me
Seems you have the knicks in a twist
It's a well known fact I've been critical of Hill
Really??
Your fav pastime has been to tell all and sundry what a peaheart he is
Maybe you could expand on his game today and enlighten us with your knowledge?
Are you aware that being critical of how others post and stating it in this thread completely contradicts what you were complaining about and makes you a hypocrite? You are being critical for the sake of being critical. If you don't like how others post, you don't need to post it in a game autopsy thread. Yeah?
Oh dear
Listen dick head
I post what I want when I want
If a 70 point loss is reason to be critical because people dont have better things to say, then my point still stands
You then want to make a personal attack because you dont like it, says more about you than anything else
Last time I looked you werent a mod, so if you want to be one, put your hand up for the job
And probably go read the original post you are having such a melt about to see whether I singled anybody out, which I dont do

Reading through this thread this morning, I cant believe the amount of sooking over a 70 point win
FFS
Just to remind you lunchbox, of the original post
Hardly getting stuck into anyone personally was it???
Key words being "I cant believe"
Maybe make the thread less about you and more about the win

Was bloody great to see Whitex back up a great comeback performance last week with another solid effort. If he continues this he will surely keep his spot and give himself every chance at getting his hands around a cup...finally !
Have noticed him take some nice overhead contested marks. Can't recall this being a feature of his but i like it.

Both rucks were solid which was pleasing and needed.

Ugly game, ugly conditions, ugly opponent, 4 points banked, no injuries. Go Hawks !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the point??
People dont like it, well they can PM me
Seems you have the knicks in a twist
Oh dear I've hit a nerve. If you're going to post something hypocritical and very contradictory just to fish for likes, expect to be called out on it.
Speaking of hypocrisy, you claim I have my knickers in a knot and then proceed to call me a dickhead while posting angrily condescending simply because I pointed out you were doing exactly what you were getting stuck into others for doing.

Really??
Your fav pastime has been to tell all and sundry what a peaheart he is
Maybe you could expand on his game today and enlighten us with your knowledge?
I know you don't care and just said this to be sarcastic and condescending, but...

Richmond don't have great run and spread, especially when their midfield is without possession of the ball. This allows lots of space around the ground, especially on the fat side of the ground. Hill, Smith and, to a lesser extent, Duryea appear to have been instructed to use their running ability, together with the HF and HB line, to spread open and provide plenty of targets in space. If Richmond were squeezed out wide to cover the space and/or free players, Smith and Hill would cut back in through the middle and play through the space left there linking with the likes of WX, Lewis, Mitchell amongst others to move the ball quickly down to the forward line.

Hill still refuses to tackle and block/shepherd for his teammates, but with Hawthorn continually having the number advantage, this wasn't much of an issue yesterday.

Don't read the posts if you don't like what people say then.

You seem to be a little critical for critical sake about people's posts. Does that make you a flog?

Oh dear I've hit a nerve.
Not really
If you're going to post something hypocritical and very contradictory just to fish for likes, expect to be called out on it.
Is that what I was doing was it??
Speaking of hypocrisy, you claim I have my knickers in a knot and then proceed to call me a dickhead while posting angrily condescending simply because I pointed out you were doing exactly what you were getting stuck into others for doing.
Not angry at all
Called you a dickhead coz I like to state the obvious
Richmond don't have great run and spread, especially when their midfield is without possession of the ball. This allows lots of space around the ground, especially on the fat side of the ground. Hill, Smith and, to a lesser extent, Duryea appear to have been instructed to use their running ability, together with the HF and HB line, to spread open and provide plenty of targets in space. If Richmond were squeezed out wide to cover the space and/or free players, Smith and Hill would cut back in through the middle and play through the space left there linking with the likes of WX, Lewis, Mitchell amongst others to move the ball quickly down to the forward line.

Hill still refuses to tackle and block/shepherd for his teammates, but with Hawthorn continually having the number advantage, this wasn't much of an issue yesterday.

Good insight
See, now this is an insightful post

I watched Billy and Will pretty closely yesterday at punt Rd. Langers still can't kick consistently and looked to tire with his team mates in the second half. Billy I thought didn't run that much really and certainly didn't run smart. Running into trouble or handballing team mates into trouble at VFL level when you are meant to be an AFL standard footballer....

FWIW I think at this stage WX more likely to stay in than JOR when Shiels comes back and it is WX that Langers and Hartung have to get past for a spot come finals

JOR is a neat kick and runs all day it's something to build on, he may not pan out, I don't think he's going to be a gun but he could be a role player
Great call on Billy as he seemed to run into trouble at AFL level as well. If he isn't tidying it up in the 2s we might have a problem if Hilly pulls the ejection handles.

The game followed the 2016 blueprint:

1. Close first quarter;
2. Other team gets back into the game in the second quarter
3. Edge ahead in the 3rd
4. Finish them off in the 4th.

Kinda hope that the games are a microcosm of the season.

We've been doing this long enough to know the value of peaking at the right moments.

Especially important during the run home this year with such an even competition, without the luxury of the 2 game buffer we're enjoying, other top 8 teams will be doing their darndest to secure a double chance & will hopefully be throwing the kitchen sink at each other in those key 'top 8 vs top 8' games. :)

It sure is rosy up top right now. Just keep the wins coming. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back