Nah breakdown would be
Silk 5x2
Birch 4
Sis 4
Burton 3x2
Mitch 2 & 1
Hendo 2
Crouch 1
13 intercept possessions and a fair bit of drive was worth some votes.
Wonder which coach voted for which

Sicily definitely had a great game. Really good drive off half back and influenced all game. Some previous games he's gone missing until the final 10 minutes of the game.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Son of Superman.

Far out it's really becoming quite apt.

BOG by a mile but hardly gets a mention. I just love him. Go Langers you've got some fans mate don't worry!

I really like Langers also. You can't teach grunt like that. You've either got it or you don't. He's starting to introduce the odd pin point kick into the fwd line (usually for out wide and under pressure) which adds another string to his bow. If that could become the norm then he would be a serious player.

Son of Superman.

Far out it's really becoming quite apt.

BOG by a mile but hardly gets a mention. I just love him. Go Langers you've got some fans mate don't worry!

He wasn't BOG by a mile. Was good enough he might have gotten votes but not incorrect he didn't either.

Really good game though which was pleasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Langford can play a very similar forward role to Picken. They are pretty much the same player.
If he lifted to that standard I'd be happy. The similarities are pretty similar (ha did I really just say that!?) although I think langers is a better clearance player and has better goal sense, but worse disposal and marking ability

Langford can play a very similar forward role to Picken. They are pretty much the same player.

Except that Will Langford's Dad is a 4 times premiership player.

Picken's dad played for Collingwood.

ryzza11

All Australian
Mar 18, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey everyone, sorry to intrude, I hope you don't mind (too much :p)

I was watching Talking Footy last night and they were talking up how instructional Hodgey still is as a leader and showed some clips, having a word with Tom Mitchell etc.
They then showed them getting into the circle to sing the song after the game and Hodge said to someone, "You don't say that."
The Panel were in awe and commended how much of a leader he still is, but I feel like he was taking the piss here and they couldn't see it. Dangerfield was also on the panel cacking himself laughing. I'm sure you guys would have been able to read it better than me, not that it's even important. I thought it was funny. The 'experts' take themselves very seriously.

Cheers everyone and congrats on the win.

Special mention to Schoenmakers who came in did a job and had perfect footskills when needed
I would 97% agree with this except for the blemish when he missed that 1st qtr goal which would have put us up 3 goals to nil.
Otherwise yeah, he just seemed to have the penetration on his kicks and usually to his team-mate's advantage.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Hey everyone, sorry to intrude, I hope you don't mind (too much :p)

I was watching Talking Footy last night and they were talking up how instructional Hodgey still is as a leader and showed some clips, having a word with Tom Mitchell etc.
They then showed them getting into the circle to sing the song after the game and Hodge said to someone, "You don't say that."
The Panel were in awe and commended how much of a leader he still is, but I feel like he was taking the piss here and they couldn't see it. Dangerfield was also on the panel cacking himself laughing. I'm sure you guys would have been able to read it better than me, not that it's even important. I thought it was funny. The 'experts' take themselves very seriously.

Cheers everyone and congrats on the win.

He was telling Burton off for telling the camera guys to get out of the circle. I thought he was being serious, but who knows?

What did I learn tonight? Luke Hodge... acting captain of HFC.

You can't help but think that Roughie might be feeling a bit awkward (not so much undermined...) by all the attention on Hodgey's micing up and clear "leadership" traits on full display in the media. I'm still kind of waiting for Rough to really totally dominate a game this year. It's not far off I feel. be great if it was against the swine later in the year to rule them out of finals contention.

You can't help but think that Roughie might be feeling a bit awkward (not so much undermined...) by all the attention on Hodgey's micing up and clear "leadership" traits on full display in the media. I'm still kind of waiting for Rough to really totally dominate a game this year. It's not far off I feel. be great if it was against the swine later in the year to rule them out of finals contention.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hodgey is all over the media, and Roughie is saying very little.

I'm sure it's planned, it takes a lot of heat off Roughie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back