Hawthorn FC worst nightmare the 2017 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont start favourites in those 2 games. But given our good percentage we might get in on 13 wins - assuming we can keep the losses under a few goals

I’m thnking we’ll win two and be ‘off’ for one of them. Best result is to qualify for finals in any place, not get injuries and have big boy and sicily available

Well considering the crap most of the Hawthorn fans had to endure about how they ''sold the farm'' at the end of 2016, it's only necessary that the Hawks fans on here can now dish it right back. Some oppositions fans who were rooting for the Hawks to fail and slip down the ladder went way too early.

O'Meara is having a solid season playing 17 out of 19 games so far. I'm pretty sure Harry Morrison (2016 draft pick 74) and James Worpel (2017 draft pick 45) are doing alright at the moment. With Clarkson at the helm anything is possible.
Good stuff, happy for you and the team.

You need to be careful with comments like that when the season is as close as it is. You still have to beat Geelong and Sydney in Sydney. There is also a strong possibility that you could miss out if you drop those games.

All we know for sure is Essendon won’t be losing a final this year

You need to be careful with comments like that when the season is as close as it is. You still have to beat Geelong and Sydney in Sydney. There is also a strong possibility that you could miss out if you drop those games.
With our % we are a lock as long as we beat the Saints.

Hawks are looking good. Beat us next week and I'd pencil you in for top 4.

I cant see us beating Geelong next week.
Geelong were epic against the Tigers on Friday night.
We are not at that level......but Haw v Geel games have a habit of being close over the last 10 years so who knows.

It really is a slight on the rest of the competition that we are currently sitting 5th - Our list is no better than an 8-12 side. The rest of the competition should hang their heads in shame.

If we can get a final into our young guys this year, i would call that a win

These are the picks that Hawthorn had at some point in the 2016 trade period. Now obviously they would not have had all these picks if they went into a normal draft year and obviously they would not have picked these players but it gives you an idea

Pick 12 - Jy Simpkin
Pick 16 - Todd Marshall
Pick 25 - Ben Long
Pick 39 - Josh Battle
Pick 47 - Harrison Macreadie
Pick 52 - Willie Rioli
Pick 61 - Tom Williamson
Pick 63 - Dylan Clark
Pick 65 - Patrick Kerr
Pick 68 - Tim House
Christ lucky we traded JOM and Mitchell s**t all over that.

With our % we are a lock as long as we beat the Saints.

Nope, we need to win 2 of our last 3 to be a lock, otherwise North can come in ahead of us by winning their last 3 leaving them a full game above us. If North does that, and either Sydney win one other game other than against us or Port managed 2 from their last 3 then we are the first team ever to miss out with 13 wins. We could also miss if Sydney only win against us or Port only wins 1 of their last 3 (and North goes 3/3) if our percentage takes a beating in our losses to Geelong and Swans, and/or Port/Sydney can lift theirs. Sydney and Port both have tough runs home, so we'd be unlucky if results fall against us, but we can definitely miss with only one more win. It seems very likely there will be an unlucky team (or even two) to miss with 13 wins, with percentage to decide which one(s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he was. Still a great name for that draft period.
What a draft period. As a Hawks supporter we haven’t had a draft period that contentious since 2004 when we missed out on “the two best kids in the draft”. Hopefully it brings us the same success that the 2004 draft period did!

Leaving aside whether or not we make the finals this year

At this point in time, Mitchell and O'Meara look successes. Impey more than handy. And Morrison and Worpel look much more promising than the OP would have anticipated from the picks we had.

The Sky hasn't fallen yet

Lets see how we go in the offseason this year and hopefully improve our list again

The ladder is interesting at the present time. Did you have a nice evening?
A brilliant evening, thanks for asking.

Makes the start of 2017 all the more interesting for mine...as I said they made moves that were all about the now, yet gameplay was s**t.

Clarko corrects gameplan and Hawks been one of the best teams since the 2017 mid season bye.

Clarko best coach going and still plenty of senior quality at the Hawks playing great footy...hope you feckers can flog the Cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back