Hawthorn FC worst nightmare the 2017 Draft

Hawks don't look like regrouping anytime soon. But at this stage the very first pick they have in the 2017 draft is GWS Second Round pick. I am expecting GWS to finish high in 2017 and their second round to be a pick in late 30's to easily 40's

But the fact is as part of last years plans to bring in Jaegar O'Meara, they had to make trades with a number of teams, one being St Kilda to get Pick 10 which was used to forward to the Suns. In exchange the Hawks gave Saints their 2017 FIRST ROUND pick which the reality is at this very moment Hawks sit last on the ladder and it looking like being Pick 1 in this years draft.
Could St Kilda end up with the Hawks pick 1 this year? Would that give the Hawks coaching staff, recruiters and board members have migraines for the remainder of the year knowing this?

How would St Kilda be feeling right now?
Hey gillo
How’s Carlton travelling now days, genuine question as I just don’t hear anyone talk about them

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Saints feeling pretty good, looking like a top 3-5 pick at this stage.

Don't think Hawthorn need to be losing any sleep though, they have a few premiership cups to console them during their lean years. Knowing them, they will find a way to turn it around a lot quicker than most clubs anyway.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Hawks don't look like regrouping anytime soon. But at this stage the very first pick they have in the 2017 draft is GWS Second Round pick. I am expecting GWS to finish high in 2017 and their second round to be a pick in late 30's to easily 40's

But the fact is as part of last years plans to bring in Jaegar O'Meara, they had to make trades with a number of teams, one being St Kilda to get Pick 10 which was used to forward to the Suns. In exchange the Hawks gave Saints their 2017 FIRST ROUND pick which the reality is at this very moment Hawks sit last on the ladder and it looking like being Pick 1 in this years draft.
Could St Kilda end up with the Hawks pick 1 this year? Would that give the Hawks coaching staff, recruiters and board members have migraines for the remainder of the year knowing this?

Why did you have to start this thread ???????????????

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lol...the post was referring solely to Saints and Hawks draft pick trade

it ended up pick 7 (2017), and 23 & 36 (2016)

for

pick 10 and 68 (2016)

I know it facilitated getting Jaeger, but that trade on its own was a shocker.

This is why that trade on its own has proven - in time - not to be a shocker.

It looked amazing at the time and the attention it got was justified. Especially when a few thought we were headed for the bottom in 2017. But Jaeger has turned out to be a risk well worth the expense.

Where is gillo94? If he’s going to start a BS thread he should at least come back on here and admit how wrong he was by making himself look like an utter fool. :$

Where is gillo94? If he’s going to start a BS thread he should at least come back on here and admit how wrong he was by making himself look like an utter fool. :$
gillo94 - any further comments - looks like you been missing in action from this thread since July 2017.

What a disastrous trade period for the Hawks. Imagine dumping the two players that were the heart and soul of your football club, after many years of service. Then trading in the 5th best mid of another team for a late first rounder that was crucial to your clubs rebuild..... and Then giving away your following years early first rounder and second rounder for a guy with one knee.

Seems like the saints and the sun made out like bandits...

It's just tragic.

So how did that work out for Gold Coast and St Kilda? I seem to recall those two teams actually getting worse then last year despite the high draft picks they had coming in, yet Hawthorn despite not having any first round picks the last two years somehow get better.

Welcome to Hawthorn James Worpel - Pick 45
Welcome to Hawthorn Harry Morrison - Pick 74

It looks like both of those players are playing in their first final this week. Maybe next time opposition posters won’t go so early regarding who won the trade.

Please....... you are cherry picking a tongue and cheek comment from a almost prehistoric period that was intended for a laugh and a stir.... Which, if I remember correctly, achieve its objective of enraging those that live vicariously through the hawthorn football club. The fact that you have dug up this post from the abacus archives, shows that my objectives in making that comment are still being achieved even today. Two big clap for you.... one X two X.....

Because I care for your well being, you are free to ask for my help, anytime you have trouble discerning sarcasm and satire from reality. By the way much of this comment was sarcasm FYI ;)

If you were being sarcastic then I sincerely apologise. Bigfooty really does need a sarcasm emoticon.

Never saw this thread till now...
what a beauty ...

Back