News Hawthorn Football Club appoints Scott Burns and Darren Glass as assistant coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Ratts and I love having him at the hawks, but why would he even contemplate going to coach that rabble that is GC??! I hope no one puts their hands up and AFL appoint GIL as the head coach.

Apart from the money, why would any coach go there? Balls. Block. chop. It's career suicide.

****. fanny and football as the song goes... or a dump truck of cash.
Maybe Ratts just realises the "old" coaches are unfashionable so he can't really afford to be picky if he wants to senior coach again?

I like Ratts and I love having him at the hawks, but why would he even contemplate going to coach that rabble that is GC??! I hope no one puts their hands up and AFL appoint GIL as the head coach.
Still burns that "that rabble" beat us twice. One of the low points of 2017. We got plenty of work ahead of us.

Sent from the bottom of my wine glass using hindsight.

Unless he retires, the day Clarko leaves is when his coaching has expired. Who knows, things could turn out badly for us in the next year or so which could force his or the clubs decision. Unlikely IMO but not implausible. Even Sheedy's time came to an end. Just saying.

And yes we'd be screwed.

I dare say Clarko's next job will be higher up at the club. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as President of the club some day.

Still burns that "that rabble" beat us twice. One of the low points of 2017. We got plenty of work ahead of us.

Sent from the bottom of my wine glass using hindsight.
Both those games were the lowest ebbs of the season but the second loss was even worse

I dare say Clarko's next job will be higher up at the club. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as President of the club some day.
Good luck to any idiot with a job between President - Captain:eek::D

Burns and Glass should be good additions to the coaching squad, the question is which coaches left?

Cam Bruce only at this stage. If Ratts doesn't get the Gold Coast job I dare say Yze, Ratts, Burns and Glass will be the 4 assistants for 2018.

You weren't at the Easter Monday game obviously. That hurt - a lot.
Sure did - I was at the pub, surrounded by Geelong idiots.

Fortunately, at the Geelong game in which we were smashed from the outset, I was at the Collingwood loss, spared being 43 points up, then giving this lead up for no good reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure did - I was at the pub, surrounded by Geelong idiots.

Fortunately, at the Geelong game in which we were smashed from the outset, I was at the Collingwood loss, spared being 43 points up, then giving this lead up for no good reason.

I was at both - and the Essendon loss also. I didn't actually witness us win a game from the stands until we beat the Swans at the G. Song was sung with vigour that night!

Being surrounded by the Geelong fans at the thrashing and having a Cats fan give me this pitiful look when I must have looked pretty devestated and then shaking my hand - being pitied like that wasn't nice haha. For some reason that game hurt more - at least we played well for an entire half in the Pies game and I could see glimmers of hope.

both.png

because someone had to...

Burns has been on the list of potential new senior coaches for a little while now. IIRC he was heavily considered for both WCE and Adelaide gigs.

Presumably it's only a matter of time until he's selected for a senior coach role. Nothing against him, but I hope it's a long time as we seem to lose a hell of a lot of coaching IP every single year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back