Prediction Hawthorn Guernsey Numbers in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Everybody keeps talking about how number 10 is our traditional indigenous number, but we've only had two indigenous players wear the number AFAIK. Is it actually stated anywhere that the number is for young indigenous players or is it just something that this forum has decided after two indigenous players received the number consecutively?

Everybody keeps talking about how number 10 is our traditional indigenous number, but we've only had two indigenous players wear the number AFAIK. Is it actually stated anywhere that the number is for young indigenous players or is it just something that this forum has decided after two indigenous players received the number consecutively?

People may have taken the ball from this and run with it - maybe it wasn't meant to be an ongoing legacy thing but here is where it stems from:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-05-30/hill-carries-on-batemans-legacy

Also, a lot of people seem to be getting excited about jumper numbers being announced tonight at the AGM, but the club has already said that the jumpers would be given out on Saturday.

John Kennedy senior was the first number 10 I can remember.

How I'd like to see it:
1 - O'Meara (agree with other comments that the number should be brought back, allows him to keep his GC number too)
3 - Mitchell (fits the mould of players we've had wear the number - hard & tough)
5 - Burton (like Mitchell and no. 3, Burton seems like the right fit to takeover no. 5)
10 - Stewart (I think he'll play a lot more next year and deserves an upgrade)
17 - Brand (just me, but I think Brand taking Lake's old number is sorta cool)
27 - Vickery (has to take Spangher's old number, no other way)
35 - Lewis (*insert troll face here*)
36 - Hanrahan
40 - Cousins

How I'd like to see it:
1 - O'Meara (agree with other comments that the number should be brought back, allows him to keep his GC number too)
3 - Mitchell (fits the mould of players we've had wear the number - hard & tough)
5 - Burton (like Mitchell and no. 3, Burton seems like the right fit to takeover no. 5)
10 - Stewart (I think he'll play a lot more next year and deserves an upgrade)
17 - Brand (just me, but I think Brand taking Lake's old number is sorta cool)
27 - Vickery (has to take Spangher's old number, no other way)
35 - Lewis (*insert troll face here*)
36 - Hanrahan
40 - Cousins
what does Henderson get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm a minority opinion on this around here but I like that no player gets the number 1. The fans thing doesn't really matter to me. But I do like that no player walks out with the top number. I think it symbolically reinforces the culture that no one is special, everyone plays their role.

I know I'm a minority opinion on this around here but I like that no player gets the number 1. The fans thing doesn't really matter to me. But I do like that no player walks out with the top number. I think it symbolically reinforces the culture that no one is special, everyone plays their role.
Really??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back