Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallet. Headferked.

Why would you say that? I thought he was quite reasonable in his assessment. We don't know if Scully or Scrimshaw will end up playing much this year. And we do have the oldest list. Having Mitch go down does raise questions about our depth. And he didn't go so far as to give a prediction. So I don't see why Wallet is headf**ed.

Why would you say that? I thought he was quite reasonable in his assessment. We don't know if Scully or Scrimshaw will end up playing much this year. And we do have the oldest list. Having Mitch go down does raise questions about our depth. And he didn't go so far as to give a prediction. So I don't see why Wallet is headf**ed.
He's not head*ed hes just a complete ******* moron. The whole article is like his following quote “I just want to see what improvement is coming from their younger players, how they structure up, Sicily now clearly down back, what the structure of the side looks like”. Will spew out whole sentences that are nothing more than sounds.

You get more accurate analysis in a game day thread when your side is getting belted.

He's not head****ed hes just a complete ******* moron. The whole article is like his following quote “I just want to see what improvement is coming from their younger players, how they structure up, Sicily now clearly down back, what the structure of the side looks like”. Will spew out whole sentences that are nothing more than sounds.

You get more accurate analysis in a game day thread when your side is getting belted.
What else do you expect him to say?

Hes head ****ed because he had to invent a new punctation symbol to describe our perilous state. The "SUPER" question mark.

Wtf Terry.

Hawthorn will surprise a lot of so called experts just like the Eagles did in 2018!
They had a strong frwd line although the twin threat were hardly playing at the same time but they did enough.
Their backline was fantastic, worked well together so I give them that but that midfield was/is bottom pile stuff.
Their wingman is concrete feet Masten ffs!! Best mid in Gaff out 6 weeks!! Their best ruckman NicNat gone almost mid year!!! Don’t anyone tell me they have ‘Expert’ opinion, no one has a clue! Clarko in his triple M interview sounded though s if he’s on my way of thinking, go hard or go home!!!!!

I am happy the so called experts are writing us off. It is much more fun and much more motivating proving people wrong than proving them right. As others have stated our net inclusions from last year in Scully,Wingard,Birchall and Scrimshaw have the potential to more than make up for the loss of Mitchell.Whatever the case this will be a most enjoyable season as other clubs carry the heavy burden of expectation.The fun will double if the highly fancied bombers stumble.

Didn’t rate us when the took the Richmond job in ‘04 either, for which we are all eternally grateful
I remember at the time hoping we wouldn't take him and then he went and got another job. Was sooooo happy!!!!!

I remember at the time hoping we wouldn't take him and then he went and got another job. Was sooooo happy!!!!!

The meeting between Dicker and co and Wallace was ‘sprung’ by the media and they all looked like kids who’d been caught stealing apples.
But part of me wonders if it was ‘staged’ to push Richmond into signing him, but that would be saying enything in that time was planned, which seems fanciful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who pushes the fact we have the 'oldest list' as a reason to be worried isn't really taking too much notice of the way the AFL is changing, or world sport for that matter. It means nothing without breaking age down into more meaningful categories.

Hawthorn being the oldest team was a lot more worrisome when our best players were Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake and Roughead at 30 years old or on the wrong side of it.

Also the Mitchell point was moot too - imagine if Richmond had Dusty go down, or Geelong lost Danger - there'd be queries just the same. Most teams would be in trouble losing their best midfielder because depth doesn't cover losing genuine talent.

Most of all it's just embarrassing that Wallace has the nerve to call himself the list manager after what he did to the two clubs he was allowed run.

The oldest list thing is a myth - with modern training, medical and sport science advancements, athletes across most sports, especially the diligent professional types are having longer and more successful careers. It was only 15 years ago (think Pete Sampras) that tennis players were done at 30, yet Novak and Rafa look better than they ever have and Roger is still the next best player in the world at 37. And this is a sport where fast twitch movement is paramount - yet these guys haven't lost any of their speed at all.

I expect 10 years from now that 35 will be the new 30 as far as AFL careers go. Clubs that let 30 year olds go after one down year (when they probably had a worse year when they were 25) are probably the clubs making the biggest list management mistakes today. Especially when it takes 4-5 preseason for most players to finally have the fitness base required to play a full season at a consistent level.

Anyone who pushes the fact we have the 'oldest list' as a reason to be worried isn't really taking too much notice of the way the AFL is changing, or world sport for that matter. It means nothing without breaking age down into more meaningful categories.

Hawthorn being the oldest team was a lot more worrisome when our best players were Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake and Roughead at 30 years old or on the wrong side of it.

Also the Mitchell point was moot too - imagine if Richmond had Dusty go down, or Geelong lost Danger - there'd be queries just the same. Most teams would be in trouble losing their best midfielder because depth doesn't cover losing genuine talent.

Most of all it's just embarrassing that Wallace has the nerve to call himself the list manager after what he did to the two clubs he was allowed run.
Can't argue with anything you just said. But what I can't understand is why it makes him 'headf***ed by Hawthorn'. Being a halfwit, or lacking the ability to properly analyse a situation simply makes him someone you ignore.

To me, 'headf***ed by Hawthorn' means that someone would go to unreasonable lengths to s**t-can the club, just because it is Hawthorn.

I might add, that the description could also apply to those who go to extraordinary lengths to defend the Hawks, even when no defence is necessary.

In this case, Wallace is doing neither. Just making an assessment.

Can't argue with anything you just said. But what I can't understand is why it makes him 'headf***ed by Hawthorn'. Being a halfwit, or lacking the ability to properly analyse a situation simply makes him someone you ignore.

To me, 'headf***ed by Hawthorn' means that someone would go to unreasonable lengths to s**t-can the club, just because it is Hawthorn.

I might add, that the description could also apply to those who go to extraordinary lengths to defend the Hawks, even when no defence is necessary.

In this case, Wallace is doing neither. Just making an assessment.

You mean like Dal Santo and that other muppets whose name I can’t remember?

You mean like Dal Santo and that other muppets whose name I can’t remember?
Yeah, just like them. Not necessarily headf***ed, just displaying poor judgement and lack of knowledge. Just because we don't like what they say doesn't mean they have an unreasonable dislike for the club and are taking every opportunity to take a pot-shot.

The oldest list thing is a myth - with modern training, medical and sport science advancements, athletes across most sports, especially the diligent professional types are having longer and more successful careers. It was only 15 years ago (think Pete Sampras) that tennis players were done at 30, yet Novak and Rafa look better than they ever have and Roger is still the next best player in the world at 37. And this is a sport where fast twitch movement is paramount - yet these guys haven't lost any of their speed at all.

I expect 10 years from now that 35 will be the new 30 as far as AFL careers go. Clubs that let 30 year olds go after one down year (when they probably had a worse year when they were 25) are probably the clubs making the biggest list management mistakes today. Especially when it takes 4-5 preseason for most players to finally have the fitness base required to play a full season at a consistent level.
Both great posts.

If people want to talk about who should be worried about the age of their list then go check out the average age of Carlton’s B&F top 10 and compare to our own. Fancy being that bad and yet still relying that much on your oldest players!

Wallet isnt head*ed by hawthorn, come on.

The guy loves the Hawks, hes admitted it often.

I am clearly in the minority but i really like his analysis.

I think the lines between head*ed and giving criticism are getting a bit too blurred.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wallet isnt head****ed by hawthorn, come on.

The guy loves the Hawks, hes admitted it often.

I am clearly in the minority but i really like his analysis.

I think the lines between head****ed and giving criticism are getting a bit too blurred.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree he probably isn't head*ed, I just tend to dislike his media work because though he gives criticism he's not often right. In fact, he gives famously poor predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back