Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

The Australian world is like this unfortunately. Collingwood have been "hated" because of this and it has effectively lasted until this day, even though they have only won 3 premierships in 60 years.

The 70s and 80s have set up our supporter base today, and the 2007-2016 period has set up our supporter base for 2030 and beyond. We will be hated for much much longer. I love it. In my younger years I always envied collingwood supporters because their club was always made "relevant" even though they were a poor team.

Personally I've always hated every team equally, but for Carlton. Carlton are the only relevant team since 1960 in the afl. Premierships speak volumes, nothing more nothing less. They also tried to destroy our club. Their 22 year drought brings me enormous joy.

KOLOKOTRONIS
……………………..
Essendon should always be the most hated…1984 GF the wort game in our history….we must strive to reel in Pies Dons Blues in total premierships slowly but surely….the quest continues…Pies have 4 flags in the last 80 years since 1936….when 2025 100 year celebration comes, we want to be around the 16 flag mark or more if possible with 100,000 members + and the best sporting complex in Australia (Dingley)…much work needs to be done…Btw Bud is stained as Judas & it shall remain that way

So all of a sudden

"I don't think people appreciate how hard it is to win grand finals"

After three years of hearing how easy it is, normal transmission has been restored in the Sydney thread on the mb

Gerard Healy. "if buddy could win a flag with the swans, it would really elevate his status in the game. I mean he's already been involved in 'A' flag with the hawks but this would be huge".

Gerard Healy. "if buddy could win a flag with the swans, it would really elevate his status in the game. I mean he's already been involved in 'A' flag with the hawks but this would be huge".

Healy just confiming once and for all that he is nothing more than a brainless flog ...

Did he say why

In 2013, he wasn't as instrumental in winning us the flag as he would be winning it with the Swans. There have been a couple of times where he's been the only thing keeping the Swans at the forefront this season and not buried in oblivion. It might even be at a point where he's the X Factor giving them premiership favouritism, because they didn't reach this peak with players like Hanneberry, Parker, Kennedy, Jack etc in previous seasons when those players were just as effective as they are now...and with Tippett just a big guy in the side and not anything really special, a switched on Buddy will be what is required to get over this Dogs lineup, because the rest of the side will have their work cut out just breaking even...

I wouldn't read any insult into this. It's all about Buddy, and any questions about him would be just about eradicated if he had a good game for a winning side on Saturday. We ourselves have often said as fans that his loss hasn't hurt us...so where does he stand in Hawk history? The Swans, on the other hand, are an opportunity for him to rubber stamp his not undisputed quality with the ultimate reward...that would legitimise Healy's position...

Last edited:
In 2013, he wasn't as instrumental in winning us the flag as he would be winning it with the Swans. There have been a couple of times where he's been the only thing keeping the Swans at the forefront this season and not buried in oblivion. It might even be at a point where he's the X Factor giving them premiership favouritism, because they didn't reach this peak with players like Hanneberry, Parker, Kennedy, Jack etc in previous seasons when those players were just as effective as they are now...and with Tippett just a big guy in the side and not anything really special, a switched on Buddy will be what is required to get over this Dogs lineup, because the rest of the side will have their work cut out just breaking even...

I wouldn't read any insult into this. It's all about Buddy, and any questions about him would be just about eradicated if he had a good game for a winning side on Saturday. We ourselves have often said as fans that his loss hasn't hurt us...so where does he stand in Hawk history? The Swans, on the other hand, are an opportunity for him to rubber stamp his not undisputed quality with the ultimate reward...that would legitimise Healy's position...
Thanks for clarifying your statement, Gerard. :p

Reckon like Lockett before him, Franklin will be remembered more as a $wan - even if he doesn't make it to the end of his fat contract, and even if he doesn't win a premiership with them. Stark contrast to his supposed equivalent in the NBA, LeBron James (now that LBJ has won a championship with Cleveland). Thankfully Buddy played in two premierships before he left the Hawks - the prevailing school of thought being that LBJ had to go to Miami to learn how to be a winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon like Lockett before him, Franklin will be remembered more as a $wan - even if he doesn't make it to the end of his fat contract, and even if he doesn't win a premiership with them. Stark contrast to his supposed equivalent in the NBA, LeBron James (now that LBJ has won a championship with Cleveland). Thankfully Buddy played in two premierships before he left the Hawks - the prevailing school of thought being that LBJ had to go to Miami to learn how to be a winner.

I never knew Lyndon Baines Johnson played basketball :)

……………………..
Essendon should always be the most hated…1984 GF the wort game in our history….we must strive to reel in Pies Dons Blues in total premierships slowly but surely….the quest continues…Pies have 4 flags in the last 80 years since 1936….when 2025 100 year celebration comes, we want to be around the 16 flag mark or more if possible with 100,000 members + and the best sporting complex in Australia (Dingley)…much work needs to be done…Btw Bud is stained as Judas & it shall remain that way

Every grand final loss at the end of the day is the same. No matter how you lose them. 87 was bad, and arguably 12 was just as bad as 84. 75 we were favourites by a long way.

Whilst I agree that we must reel in the others, it should be noted that Carlton won 5 of their flags before 1925, essendon 6 and collingwood 5 (excluding their run of 27-30, when we just entered)... These teams' flag successes is irrelevant.

Carlton is easily the most relevant team of the modern era in terms of success.

Re Franklin, I loved him, I still remember that game against the dogs in 2007 where we lost and he kicked 5. He provided many great highlights and is easily in our top 20 greatest ever. Yes he defected, however he provided joy.

KOLOKOTRONIS

One thing I noticed regarding Franklin is that the media have only just started to notice his defensive side and also how good his field kicking is. Carey in their game against the Cats was harping on about how much improvement he's had some moving to the Swans. The problem is he was always a good ball user and played in a Hawks side built on forward pressure and team defense.

One thing I noticed regarding Franklin is that the media have only just started to notice his defensive side and also how good his field kicking is. Carey in their game against the Cats was harping on about how much improvement he's had some moving to the Swans. The problem is he was always a good ball user and played in a Hawks side built on forward pressure and team defense.
They only see what they want to see.

70e34e8c422e7c0dc1c9610c7c5aded8.jpg

From the Telegraph today. Look at the club logos... not sure if headf*cked or just hopeless.

The thing that really annoyed me is his first season with the Swans, the media all carrying on about how he'd improved and having his best season ever at Sydney. His 2014 Sydney season didn't come anywhere near his 2008 Hawthorn season, and just proves how full of s**t the media are.

I don't blame Buddy for any of this though, it's not his fault the media are dropkicks. Buddy's still one of my favourites, he just plays for the wrong team now, and I have many more reasons for wanting Sydney to fail than Buddy going there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back