Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

OzJohnnie

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
#hawthornexceptionalism

"Because Hawthorn".

Looking more and more like a completely valid argument, to be truthful.

We're like the Arthur Fonzarelli of the AFL.

tenor.gif

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Itll be interesting when Jaegers back for a few reasons I think.

I get the sense that a lot of opposition supporters have used Jaegers injury this year as an expression of how everyone really hopes to see the Hawks fail at this point. Lots happy that things werent going smoothly originally with Jaeger but it wasn't just about Jaeger if that makes any sense at all.

Because we brought in Jaeger to take over from our retiring champs I think in a way his return almost signifies a step back towards being "rebuilt" or at least heading back in that direction.

The best thing is that, although clearly not there yet (despite almost being the form team in the comp over the last 6 weeks) one could argue that we've already turned the ship most of the way around... Without Jaeger.

I think he was seen as an original pillar of the rebuild but when he hopefully makes a successful return what does that mean for the direction we are now heading in the minds of other negative supporters?

Not only will it signify to some degree that he WASN'T a failed trade, but it may be the start of the end of most negative supporters' glee at seeing the Hawks as a rabble.

Lol that was much clearer in my head...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Another hilarious salty melt from the Swans autopsy.

Seriously, I now hate Tom Mitchell even more than Toby Greene. He's become the smug C7nt poster-boy of a whole team of weird pr*cks. My hate for them has gone to a new level. I despise them so much I'd happily drive the Hawthorn bus of a cliff, taking my own life in the process just to hear the sweet music of their screams as they plummet over the edge. I'd even drop my daks as we fell just to make sure the last thing that whole team did on this earth was to kiss my hairy ass.

:D:D:D

caliente

All Australian
May 17, 2008
Perth/South Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Seriously, I now hate Tom Mitchell even more than Toby Greene. He's become the smug C7nt poster-boy of a whole team of weird pr*cks. My hate for them has gone to a new level. I despise them so much I'd happily drive the Hawthorn bus of a cliff, taking my own life in the process just to hear the sweet music of their screams as they plummet over the edge. I'd even drop my daks as we fell just to make sure the last thing that whole team did on this earth was to kiss my hairy ass.

Priceless

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil

Wow

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

thats a new level of low for the Swans and their supporters

Numtums

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
Gumnut Gorge, Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think that is more brain dead than headf*cked

CHAMPER

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Itll be interesting when Jaegers back for a few reasons I think.

I get the sense that a lot of opposition supporters have used Jaegers injury this year as an expression of how everyone really hopes to see the Hawks fail at this point. Lots happy that things werent going smoothly originally with Jaeger but it wasn't just about Jaeger if that makes any sense at all.

Because we brought in Jaeger to take over from our retiring champs I think in a way his return almost signifies a step back towards being "rebuilt" or at least heading back in that direction.

The best thing is that, although clearly not there yet (despite almost being the form team in the comp over the last 6 weeks) one could argue that we've already turned the ship most of the way around... Without Jaeger.

I think he was seen as an original pillar of the rebuild but when he hopefully makes a successful return what does that mean for the direction we are now heading in the minds of other negative supporters?

Not only will it signify to some degree that he WASN'T a failed trade, but it may be the start of the end of most negative supporters' glee at seeing the Hawks as a rabble.

Lol that was much clearer in my head...

I get what you're saying:

Everyone thought we were stupid for moving on mitchell and Lewis and replacing them with mitchell and jaeger. They saw a team with 'the worst youth in the league' that had no way of getting youth in because of the picks we traded for Jaeger.

Mitchell started off getting "stats with no impact" and jaeger hurt his knee in rd 4. The excitement of everyone else hit fever pitch. The traded pick looked like pick 1.

Then people realized that tom mitchell is pretty good. Check the AA thread on the main board - most have him in the centre.

We got a couple of rising star nominations (Hardwick and Burton). It's gone from 'no youth' to 'Burton is pretty good but who else' to 'burton, sicily, hardwick, howe and brand are pretty good but sicily is a dickhead and o'brien hasn't made it yet'.

Then the bye happened and we came out and beat Adelaide without a backline. We drew with GWS. We got within an inch of Geelong and now have beaten the swans twice.

The 'traded the future for nothing' with no youth and a plodder midfield and Clarko is moving clubs rubbish has all stopped. The saints draft pick thread has dried up. We've got Rioli, Frawley, Birchall, Puopolo and Stratton to add to a team that is beating/matching it with the current top 4.

And now O'Meara. Instead of being the foundation of the rebuild is coming in when it's already well on the way.

How the hell are the opposition supposed to deal with that? ?

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Everyone thought we were stupid for moving on mitchell and Lewis and replacing them with mitchell and jaeger. They saw a team with 'the worst youth in the league' that had no way of getting youth in because of the picks we traded for Jaeger.

Mitchell started off getting "stats with no impact" and jaeger hurt his knee in rd 4. The excitement of everyone else hit fever pitch. The traded pick looked like pick 1.

Then people realized that tom mitchell is pretty good. Check the AA thread on the main board - most have him in the centre.

We got a couple of rising star nominations (Hardwick and Burton). It's gone from 'no youth' to 'Burton is pretty good but who else' to 'burton, sicily, hardwick, howe and brand are pretty good but sicily is a dickhead and o'brien hasn't made it yet'.

Then the bye happened and we came out and beat Adelaide without a backline. We drew with GWS. We got within an inch of Geelong and now have beaten the swans twice.

The 'traded the future for nothing' with no youth and a plodder midfield and Clarko is moving clubs rubbish has all stopped. The saints draft pick thread has dried up. We've got Rioli, Frawley, Birchall, Puopolo and Stratton to add to a team that is beating/matching it with the current top 4.

And now O'Meara. Instead of being the foundation of the rebuild is coming in when it's already well on the way.

POTY

Grumblebum

Debutant
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
""When you think about the tactics we had of bombing the ball high and long to the forward line when the Hawks have tall quick high marking rangy backs, and we had only one marking target, Sinclair, who was off his game (not Buddy who is not a high mark), it's a wonder we got as close as we did.""

My favorite post from the Sydney Game Day thread. Tall quick high marking backs......is that us he is talking about?

Gee the bloke just keeps getting more and more ridiculous

I've heard at least 6 different people say just how exciting the game was to watch as a neutral

Did his fellow radio-hosts question what he meant about that statement?
It was anti-Hawthorn so they were talking louder to muffle the sounds of applause. Apart from that, I didn't hear anyone rebuke the statement at all. Then again, arguing actually requires balls, and as Dermott wasn't there, there were no balls to be had.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Find somewhere on the main board for this post.

Brilliant.

The saints draft pick thread has dried up.
My goal is, having dangled pick 2 in front of them tantalizingly so, is to have our first draft pick so high that they'll actually pass on it.

'Can you explain, Terry, how Hawthorn's first pick comes in at 66?'

'It's quite easy, Hamish. Being premiers gave them the last pick of the first round, and then you take in father-son selections, academy picks, and so forth. Sadly for St Klida, they used their last pick at 57.'

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Well, when you put it that way...
27f81af5b9258c9cfffc7179e5e6d3f1.jpg

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The important thing here is there's always so much gloating that goes on as soon as any team does something great. As Hawks supporters it's important not to get too far ahead of ourselves...

.... until Jaegers is dominating and the Hawks are entrenched back in the 8. Then it should rightfully be a quote fest on the main board. Call outs everywhere.

Until then, it wont do much but make Hawks supporters unbearable to everyone else.

Books

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2005
On the Stairway to Heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NZ All-Blacks

Wow, some Sydney fans are almost making Geelong fans look gracious!
Almost.

People like that is the reason this thread exists.

Thanks for sharing it with us all. :thumbsu:

Everyone thought we were stupid for moving on mitchell and Lewis and replacing them with mitchell and jaeger..........
......How the hell are the opposition supposed to deal with that? ?
Xanax :pill:

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That's got to win a prize

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
""When you think about the tactics we had of bombing the ball high and long to the forward line when the Hawks have tall quick high marking rangy backs, and we had only one marking target, Sinclair, who was off his game (not Buddy who is not a high mark), it's a wonder we got as close as we did.""

My favorite post from the Sydney Game Day thread. Tall quick high marking backs......is that us he is talking about?
Brand was everywhere. Maybe they thought there were four of him

Back