Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, the consensus from AFL360 is that Hawthorn did not win, but Geelong Lost

Sneaky Clarko did say on SEN this morning that Geelong are obviously in a form slump

I just popped into the main board for a few minutes, the 'can Hawthorn succeed?' thead...

Oh boy....some Bombers are beyond '2009 Geelong fan' level of head*ed...

Why does Nick Dal Santo seem to pot the Hawks at every possible opportunity?

The Saints didn't like the 2008 final series that much. Plus, he hasn't got a flag. Lot of Hawks players will have reminded him of this when we played both the clubs he played for.

Plus I'm sure our guys gave it to him when he was photographed naked by an underage school girl. Or when the underage schoolgirl spread the pics. Or when one of their players, or their manager did. Sordid deal all around with that club.

I am not sure why you are so upset about this. Seems to me he is simply making a judgement on 4 sides that are currently mid-table and saying none could win the premiership this year. And he is probably right.

That said, stranger things have happened, but Dal does not need to nominate a bolter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure why you are so upset about this. Seems to me he is simply making a judgement on 4 sides that are currently mid-table and saying none could win the premiership this year. And he is probably right.

That said, stranger things have happened, but Dal does not need to nominate a bolter.

I'm not upset, I understand the reality of where we sit - it's just a recurring theme for Dal recently.

I'm not upset, I understand the reality of where we sit - it's just a recurring theme for Dal recently.

the list is not looking so bad.

Fair point, but three of those articles are saying Hawks don't win it this year. Not sure why he has to say it three times, but he is right.

The other article re our list was written a month ago. I wonder if he would say the same today given our recent form has been on the back of Lewis, Hanrahan, Sicily, O'Brien, Worpel, O'Meara, Wingard, Impey. And with Mitch to return, the list isn't looking so bad for a FA star mid - a couple of marking forward targets, an elite defender, and some real grunt in the centre to assist.

Fair point, but three of those articles are saying Hawks don't win it this year. Not sure why he has to say it three times, but he is right.

The other article re our list was written a month ago. I wonder if he would say the same today given our recent form has been on the back of Lewis, Hanrahan, Sicily, O'Brien, Worpel, O'Meara, Wingard, Impey. And with Mitch to return, the list isn't looking so bad for a FA star mid - a couple of marking forward targets, an elite defender, and some real grunt in the centre to assist.

Rogiebear didn’t say he was wrong but that he seemed to stick the boot in at every opportunity. That was his complaint. You agree with him above (“Not sure why he has to say it three times”) so at this point it isn’t clear what your arguing for.

Listening to SEN Drive last night and some Essendon Flog got on and proceded to hook into the Hawks.
Claimed McDonald-Tipungwuti was a far better player than Cyril who apparently went missing in big games.
He then offered the gem that Mitchell was ineffective because despite his 50 possessions none of them hurt the opposition.

And the response from Terry Wallace - and his co commentator - Silence

The Hawks had obviously become an obsession to this flog who's objectivity matched his number of brain cells.

I’d like you to cast your mind back to Round 16 2008.
St.Kilda v Hawthorn at the Docklands and they flogged us 119 – 89
Del Santo ran around all day without an opponent and racked up 32 possessions.

Come finals time and Nicky Del has an opponent.
Surprise surprise – The St.Kilda “champion” player goes missing and racks up 15 ineffectual disposals.
Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge relentlessly verbal him all day to a point where his performance is an utter embarrassment
They get flogged 118 - 64

There in lies the Del Santo story
Talented footballer who simply couldn’t function when the physical / mental pressure was applied.
Hawthorn (Clarkson) knew it and we were never bothered by him when it counted.
His media career somewhat mirrors his playing career.
Takes the easy cheap shots but backs down at a million miles an hour when confronted.

Make no mistake - There's some history there

Surprise surprise – The St.Kilda “champion” player goes missing and racks up 15 ineffectual disposals.
Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge relentlessly verbal him all day to a point where his performance is an utter embarrassment

Talented footballer who simply couldn’t function when the physical / mental pressure was applied.
Takes the easy cheap shots but backs down at a million miles an hour when confronted.

Nicky who? Seriously, we worry way too much about what nobodies in the media think of our club. It really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Whilst the final score was 118-64, don't forget at one point in the 3rd it was 91-19 our favour. They were completely and utterly obliterated that day.

Listening to SEN Drive last night and some Essendon Flog got on and proceded to hook into the Hawks.
Claimed McDonald-Tipungwuti was a far better player than Cyril who apparently went missing in big games.
He then offered the gem that Mitchell was ineffective because despite his 50 possessions none of them hurt the opposition.

And the response from Terry Wallace - and his co commentator - Silence

The Hawks had obviously become an obsession to this flog who's objectivity matched his number of brain cells.

Posting about one talkback caller a day later? Sounds like he hooked you in mate.

Posting about one talkback caller a day later? Sounds like he hooked you in mate.
Na Just a casual observation about the stupidity that presenters allow to go through unchallenged

I’m not really emotionally invested in footy these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back