Autopsy Hawthorn Intraclub thread , Friday 9th Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

Majak does not come across as being very bright at all.

You hear CJ speak and for a young lad, he's very articulate and considered.

I think he'll make it.

Being able to speak doesn't mean you are good at footy. Plenty of players can't string a sentence together in front of a camera and are still great players.

TOB had a breakout season last year and now has the confidence that he belongs at the level (which was all that had been holding him back).

As a comparison, he's tracking similarly to Adelaide's Tom Lynch at the same age and Tom has become uite a handy player for the Crows.

Lets hope TOB can back it up this year and become the player we all think he can become.

Listen, I agree he improved but 10 touches a game and a goal game isn't really a break out is it? If that's the case then our expectations as fans have become extremely low. He improved, he needs to improve substantially in 2018 because let's be honest, he would not have played much senior footy without our ridiculous injury list.

I think a switch to defence could be a good career move.

TOB is 24 next month.. Yes, it's 6 years on the list. Flash in the pan stuff doesn't cut it, why do you think it does?

I said I would have LIKED to have given Daw a chance a few years back, but obviously that ship has sailed. I think with the right coaching, the right development he could have been a contributor.

Maturing beautifully?? LMFAO.. Those rose coloured Hawthorn glasses are firmly entrenched aren't they? Brilliant stuff.

5 years on the list actually - this year hasn't started yet.

He played terrific footy in 2017.

If I were to choose between " maturing beautifully" (I agree with Dewnior, Tim had a break out year last year, and a comparison with Tom Lynch at the same stage of his career, is a fair comparison) or " 2 cents of buggerall, then it's an easy choice.

And frankly I wouldn't describe any Hawthorn footballer as "2 cents of bugger all".
Would love to see you say that to his face rather than on an anonymous site.

TOB had a breakout season last year and now has the confidence that he belongs at the level (which was all that had been holding him back).

As a comparison, he's tracking similarly to Adelaide's Tom Lynch at the same age and Tom has become uite a handy player for the Crows.

Lets hope TOB can back it up this year and become the player we all think he can become.
TOB was building brilliantly, capped off with the Melbourne game, but he copped a hip injury and never hit the same height for the rest of the season.

If he's over that hip and he can produce his best more often we'll have a really handy player.

5 years on the list actually - this year hasn't started yet.

He played terrific footy in 2017.

If I were to choose between " maturing beautifully" (I agree with Dewnior, Tim had a break out year last year, and a comparison with Tom Lynch at the same stage of his career, is a fair comparison) or " 2 cents of buggerall, then it's an easy choice.

And frankly I wouldn't describe any Hawthorn footballer as "2 cents of bugger all".
Would love to see you say that to his face rather than on an anonymous site.

Mate, it's my opinion, big deal.. they're like assholes! I don't ask you to value mine so quit getting worked up about it.

I think TOB improved, he is good depth but 10 touches a game and a goal a game doesn't quantify "breakout" in my book.

Would love to see him turn into a star, frankly I can't see it but would happily wear the egg on my face if he did.

Now go and have a tea, I actually have 2 dozen T2 packets in my car for Chinese clients as it's their new year, inbox me your addy and I'll express ship them :)

TOB was building brilliantly, capped off with the Melbourne game, but he copped a hip injury and never hit the same height for the rest of the season.

If he's over that hip and he can produce his best more often we'll have a really handy player.

His flashes where brilliant, he showed what he is capable of but that was in between the long spells of pretending to be Casper the ghost.

Like you said, if he can produce his best more often we'll have a decent footballer on our hands.

Genuine question, is he best 22 given a clean injury slate?

Assuming a full list and new boys will need to show something at Box Hill before they step into the team, I think TOB fills the last spot on the bench. He is very flexible, Forward, Back and fill in Ruck, he really did some very very good things last year, showed he had quality, now he just needs to do it a little more often. He is very good below his knees and quite a smart footballer.

Hardwick Frawley Stratton
Sicily Burton Birchall
Henderson Mitchell Smith
Gunston Schoenmaker Rioli
Puopolo Roughead Breust

McEvoy Howe O'Meara

Burgoyne Shiels Duryea O'Brien.

PS: Birchall wont start the season; so a spot open up early for someone.

You’d think Impey and Brand play round 1.

Pops spot has to be in question with Jarman recruited, and KB is a lock to play round 1. With a decent run on the injury front we seem to have a bit of depth, not sure about absolute elite talent but with Jags and Mitchell teaming up that could prove to very elite (let's wait and see on Jags playing regularly before getting to excited).

I'm not as confident Brand will play. I am not sure that Clarko is sold on the kid - and if Stratton and Frawley are fit (Birchall looking as though he won't be) and with Glass, Hardwick, Burton and Sicily good to go then I am not sure he'll be an automatic first 22. Hoping he can prove this not to be the case in the JLT games.

Don't read this as me not rating Brand - I think we need to persist with him and I am confident he can be a player for us - but it took a mounting injury toll for him to even get a chance last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not as confident Brand will play. I am not sure that Clarko is sold on the kid - and if Stratton and Frawley are fit (Birchall looking as though he won't be) and with Glass, Hardwick, Burton and Sicily good to go then I am not sure he'll be an automatic first 22. Hoping he can prove this not to be the case in the JLT games.

Don't read this as me not rating Brand - I think we need to persist with him and I am confident he can be a player for us - but it took a mounting injury toll for him to even get a chance last year.
Frawley becomes immeasurably* better if Brand plays.

*Immeasurable, as I can't measure it:D

Mate, it's my opinion, big deal.. they're like assholes! I don't ask you to value mine so quit getting worked up about it.

I think TOB improved, he is good depth but 10 touches a game and a goal a game doesn't quantify "breakout" in my book.

Would love to see him turn into a star, frankly I can't see it but would happily wear the egg on my face if he did.

Now go and have a tea, I actually have 2 dozen T2 packets in my car for Chinese clients as it's their new year, inbox me your addy and I'll express ship them :)

I'm with you...

He played 17 games last year??? I thnk historically Clarko has questioned his commitment or off-field decision-making, but 2017 was the turning point for mine. If fit, he is best 22.

He played 17 games last year??? I thnk historically Clarko has questioned his commitment or off-field decision-making, but 2017 was the turning point for mine. If fit, he is best 22.

As I said it took a mounting injury toll to get a callup though. I’m not criticising Brand or questioning his spot - he’s in my best 22. I am just not as certain he’s in Clarko’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back