Hawthorn kick up a stink, get Showdown's slated Friday fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought Hawthorn's request for fixture preferences would have ended with games in Tassie.

What a funny game we play when we are told that the GF must be played at the MCG, then a tenant of the MCG is allowed to sell their home MCG games to Tasmania, which then gets made up for by moving Geelong and Essendon away games to the G, and then we all have to listen to Hawks coach and CEO cry about unfair fixtures.

Fix equalisation Clarko? You can start right there.

If you have to sell home games then you don't deserve to be a MCG tenant. That includes you too Dees. F*** both Hawks and Demons off to Etihad (Etihad is still Melbourne). I am sure Essendon and Carlton would love the opportunity to call the MCG home and would be worthy tenants. None of this cap in hand crap.

Would have thought Hawthorn's request for fixture preferences would have ended with games in Tassie.

What a funny game we play when we are told that the GF must be played at the MCG, then a tenant of the MCG is allowed to sell their home MCG games to Tasmania, which then gets made up for by moving Geelong and Essendon away games to the G, and then we all have to listen to Hawks coach and CEO cry about unfair fixtures.

If you have to sell home games then you don't deserve to be a MCG tenant. That includes you too Dees. F*** both Hawks and Demons off to Etihad (Etihad is still Melbourne). I am sure Essendon and Carlton would love the opportunity to call the MCG home and would be worthy tenants. None of this cap in hand crap.

Fact checker is your friend

If Hawthorn don’t get taxed to sustain Carlton the Hawks probably aren’t in Tasmania

Just saying

If that happens and as you say Melbourne should move to Etihad they will be extinct in 3 years. Melbourne have 20,000 mcc members. In the 2 finals they played the mcc was sold out. The only other game to sell out the mcc members was the grand final. Melbourne will never move from the mcg. Hawthorn will continue to play their 7 home games at the mcg. As for Carlton who play 5 home games and Essendon who play 4 home games at the mcg I cannot see much room for them to play more games at the mcg even tho their fans seem desperate to moved their??

Parasitic: Poaching players from other clubs each year rather than developing your own.
I do hope you're not referencing the guy who was a diehard Port player who got put up for nibbles in the hope of gaining a top 5 pick?

What a backfire that was.

Parasitic: Poaching players from other clubs each year rather than developing your own.

E.g the Eagles mids of 2018 were developed in 2018 courtesy of a mug learner coach, cheers Mitch.
Criticism of the Hawks so often reeks of a mix of envy & jealousy ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol as much as I hate Hawthorn are these clubs even for real?

2 interstate clubs or two original clubs in a prime time slot. There's really only one fair answer

Actually, Marvel is on the border of the CBD whilst MCG is in East Melbourne.

Agree, play all your home games at the G otherwise you lose your rights to other fixture requests.

If that happens and as you say Melbourne should move to Etihad they will be extinct in 3 years. Melbourne have 20,000 mcc members. In the 2 finals they played the mcc was sold out. The only other game to sell out the mcc members was the grand final. Melbourne will never move from the mcg. Hawthorn will continue to play their 7 home games at the mcg. As for Carlton who play 5 home games and Essendon who play 4 home games at the mcg I cannot see much room for them to play more games at the mcg even tho their fans seem desperate to moved their??

So be it if they become extinct. Life and footy goes on.

Who gives a s**t if they were original clubs - it is a national competition. When will you brain dead posters realise that!
I'm pretty sure that as soon as the bait is too stale to attract bites it will be discarded. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back