Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

We are very quiet. Maybe too quiet
*Jaws theme starts*

Could it be that the club Dangerfield has chosen as his preferred destination is playing finals and the announcement will come once their season is over?
Not saying it is the Hawks...
Could it be that the club Dangerfield is still playing for is still currently playing finals?

Had to laugh at the AFL announcement on FB that Dangerfield has re-signed with the Crows. Some funny bugger decided to bump the post from 2012 & it took a while for the Crows supporters to realise!

Had to laugh at the AFL announcement on FB that Dangerfield has re-signed with the Crows. Some funny bugger decided to bump the post from 2012 & it took a while for the Crows supporters to realise!
That's at least the 3rd time the same trick has been pulled this year and they've fallen for it hook, line and sinker every time.

Another angle the Hawks can use on getting good free agents is if they have coaching aspirations there is no one better to guide you than our angry little genius. It's a smart career move if football will be your life.
Good for prospective coaches too I'd imagine.

I've wondered if we couldn't lure Stewie Dew back into the fold. Would complete his resume nicely, first of all by removing the taint of Roos and Longmire, and by being exposed a coaching system with an attacking game style.

so how is this all going to play out?

i'm guessing upon adelaides season finishing, which could be in 1-2 weeks. they may get over the doggies, but doubt they will follow up that win with another over either the hawks or west coast. what will the announcement be?

my guess is they will announce something around 2-4 days after their last game which will be either;
1. Im leaving for geelong or possibly melb?, or
2. I'm moving back to victoria and assessing my options/clubs (indicating that he may be moving to another finals side still in the hunt for a flag)

if he doesn't announce geelong as his destination soon after his season finishing will geelong and the media go into meltdown about a possible shift elsewhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did it become apparent that Frawley was to become a hawk?
From memory it was very late in the process.

The same thing will happen this year too imo.

Big A

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2010
St Kilda
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It was as early as April last year iirc....all over the media at one stage then cooled a bit

Big A

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2010
St Kilda
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep, it's potentially playing out exactly the same with danger (ignoring the hyperbole coming out of Geelong)
The only thing tho is this time its been all about Geeelong really...going by that, he'll get to the handbaggers

I think it was when his "welcome to Hawthorn" video leaked on the club website a day early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back