Universal Love Hawthorn Membership totals for season 2018 -80,302 a new record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership update we are just below 79K so it looks like 80K is quite achievable

Richmond 95,341
Hawthorn 78,900 approx
Essendon 74,710
Port Ad. 60,822
Sydney 60,000
Geelong 57,750
Carlton 52,304
St.Kilda 42,542
W.Bull 42,536
Melb 42,352
Nth.Melb 39,403
Brisbane 24,494
GWS 21,968
Suns 10,962

No totals for Collingwood, West Coast ,Freo and Adelaide

I've always been puzzled as to why people buy memberships this late into the season. I understand there may be financial reasons for some but there still seem to be a growing number of others that sign up.

I've always been puzzled as to why people buy memberships this late into the season. I understand there may be financial reasons for some but there still seem to be a growing number of others that sign up.
When is the cut off for reporting the final number?

Membership cut off is 31st July.

Spoke to a membership person today and all they said we were about 200 short but according to Jeff in his letter to the members he says we are 700 he might just be saying that to drum up more members to sign up.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-07-23/hawks-soar-past-80000

Hawthorn CEO Justin Reeves has penned the following letter to members...

Dear members,

For the first time in our club’s rich history, Hawthorn has reached 80,000 members!

This is an incredible record, one that many clubs in the competition could only dream about achieving and it’s thanks solely to you, our dedicated and loyal members.

Your faithful support and tireless commitment to the brown and gold is what enables our club to work towards obtaining our next piece of silverware, as part of our 2050 Vision.

This season marks the 12th consecutive year we have broken our membership record, surpassing last year’s tally of 75,663 members.

In May this year the club announced a record of 77,607 members, as the dedicated brown and gold army soared towards our goal of 80,000. To reach this number for the first time in our decorated history is a very special moment in time and a testament to the loyalty of all of you.

Our members are the heart and soul of our club and without your ongoing passion and support, we wouldn’t have achieved the success we have together.

Thank you to each and every one of our members for going above and beyond in helping us get to 80K in 2018. We look forward to achieving much more success together in the future.

We would like to extend a special thanks to our valued Tasmanian members, who support our four games a year in our home away from home in Launceston.

We look forward to seeing you in Round 20 and 21 at the MCG when we take on our fiercest rivals, Essendon and Geelong, in our final home games for this season.

Go Hawks!

Justin Reeves

Hawthorn FC CEO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spent > $300 for memberships for myself and Jnr11. Happened to get lucky in the ballot for this Sunday with regards to tickets. Turns out they're literally right up the back of Optus (I realise the HFC don't control this). All Jnr wanted to do was to high 5 the players after the game so I've now gone and purchased two tickets in a block on the first level ($185 for the 2). Don't think I'll bother renewing next year as there really is no value proposition. Instead I'll just spend the money on tickets.

Good to see Hawthorn coming second overall ,surprised to see Collingwood drop in their membership.

AFL club membership has cracked one million for the first time, with 13 teams breaking their all-time records this season.

The final tally for 2018 stood at 1,008,494 members by the July 31 deadline.

It was an 11 per cent increase on last season and the 18th consecutive year of growth.

Hawthorn was a key contributor in helping achieve such a feat, with the Hawks posting the second-highest club membership number in 2018.

Read: Hawks soar past 80k

The Hawks finished with 80,302 valued members, 12 ahead of third-placed West Coast.

Off the back of their 2017 premiership success, the Tigers stormed ahead and became the first club ever to crack the 100,000 mark.

According to afl.com.au, league CEO Gillon McLachlan said the league's continuing success was a direct result of its passionate supporter base.

"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," McLachlan said.

"Whether you have been a member for decades or just signed up this year, on behalf of the AFL I want to thank every single one of you.

"The commitment members make to their clubs is the key reason why our game continues to prosper.

"Our clubs give us a connection. Our games fill us with hope, despair and joy, and today it makes us proud."

OneM1llionClubInfographicv2web.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back