Universal Love Hawthorn Membership totals for season 2018 -80,302 a new record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko said on MMM yesterday morning that we were pretty close to 70,000 - and that the 70,000th member would be recognised by the club in a special way. Didn't say what that member would receive, but seemed to think that we were only a day or two away from reaching that mark. Was hoping it would be reached before the game on Saturday night against Eddiewood.
a Guernsey signed by the entire 2018 squad is what the lucky member gets

Nice to see our membership numbers not declining and staying steady from previous (more successful) years.
Great to see. I was hoping supporter numbers wouldn't drop off and so far so good.

They're going to have to knock up a few more band wagons to fit those 80,000 Richmond supporters on though. :)

Hardly pet membership. There's hordes of Richmond supporters who have come out of the woodwork. Fan bases are much bigger than membership numbers, and a fair group of Richmond fans have finally decided to signed up thanks to the success and the team enthusiasm.

I just praise success. I don't need to drag it down. Envy is stupid. Good job for a club that's certainly not had success in decades. Their loyal fans are the only reason they haven't turned into a basket case life support club during that time. I'm glad that they've come out of the wilderness and I can enjoy their pride in honestly earning their survival and their place in the sun, just as I appreciate our journey. Battler to battler, good job mate, you've done the hard yards, you're true blue.

I'm also happy to grow the game vs rugby, soccer, and to help give it an undoubted signal of paid up support, generating political and cultural notice. It's not a sometimes hobby, may as well watch if it's on, it's a happy-to-pay-the-cost affair for millions of Aussies.

Membership update 71,300 which is approx up 1000 from last year (70,253) tracking to be around 77-78K

Richmond: 86,485
Hawthorn: 71,300
Essendon: 66,460
Port Adel: 57,013
Sydney: 55,551
Geelong: 54,814
Carlton: 47,540
Melbourne: 37,725
West Bull: 37,507
St.Kilda: 37,057
Nth.Melb: 35,212
Brisbane: 21,947
GWS: 19,093
Suns: 9,499
No figures for Adelaide, Collingwood, West Coast & Freo

Remember, Collingwood’s total is always 100 more than us.

Lol Richmond.

What a huge supporter base they have. Considering their mediocrity for a solid 37 years.
KOLOKOTRONIS

Does that make them a big four club again

I read a post by one of the many disgruntled pie supporters who said Eddie would hand out as many memberships as required to sponsor employees to boost their numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that make them a big four club again

Lol..

Realistically, considering they have been irrelevant on the field for so many decades, they are big four. We have taken Carlton’s position I would say and leapfrogged essendon given their 1 flag in 24 years (that sounds so good).

KOLOKOTRONIS

Considering their recent poor history I have nothing but admiration for Tigers fans. Everyone of them I know stuck fat and backed their team every week over those dark years. Have to admit I dont mind their song either.

Last edited:
Considering their recent poor history I have nothing but admiration for Tigers fans. Everyone of them I know stuck fat and backed their team every week over those dark years. Have to admit I dont mind tier song either.

Agree. I have some great Tiger mates, and they have been solid for decades, and at times have had a good sense of humour about how bad they have been. I don't begrudge them success.

Great to see. I was hoping supporter numbers wouldn't drop off and so far so good.

They're going to have to knock up a few more band wagons to fit those 80,000 Richmond supporters on though. :)

I think the auto renewal has played a big part in it which was a smart move by the club

Assuming the numbers are accurate, GWS are actually doing quite well. Credit where it's due, they seem to be building something decent up there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
TBH, if Bud went to GWS I would have considered a membership to go and watch him play. But there is no effing way on this earth that The Swine would get any of my hard-earned.

Assuming the numbers are accurate, GWS are actually doing quite well. Credit where it's due, they the AFL seem to be building something decent up there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fixed it for you.

We all know where the "credit is due"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back