Player Watch Hawthorn NGA 2021 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Sal quit footy a while ago, so it’s unknown if this list just an overview of names, or a current list of players who are still aiming for the 2021 draft.

Has to be an oversight regarding Salele.
Some new names in amongst the list too, but not sure if they’re just historical from 3+ years ago when all these boys were 14 yr olds.

Dutchy16

Debutant
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All of them are currently eligible for 2021. Jamieson Vail, Noah Desta, Elliot Triegaardt and Zachary Cileceken are all in the Eastern Ranges squad. Sage Tapner, Jahmain Harrison and Jobe Somerville are in the Gippsland Power squad. Paul Haasbroek is a former junior decathlon champion who plays for Bayswater in the EFL. Not sure what his plans are for 2021.

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All of them are currently eligible for 2021. Jamieson Vail, Noah Desta, Elliot Triegaardt and Zachary Cileceken are all in the Eastern Ranges squad. Sage Tapner, Jahmain Harrison and Jobe Somerville are in the Gippsland Power squad. Paul Haasbroek is a former junior decathlon champion who plays for Bayswater in the EFL. Not sure what his plans are for 2021.
Do you have any thoughts/info on who may be a chance to get drafted at this point in time?

2021 NGA list out

HAWTHORN
Jamieson Vail
Salele Feagaimalii
Sage Tapner
Jarrod Thompson
Noah Desta
Paul Haasbroek
Zachary Cileceken
Elliot Triegaardt
Jahmain Harrison
Jobe Somerville

I've applied some hyperlinks to the players above, for those looking to put some more details to the names.

Jahmain Harrison has a bit of something to work with.

Check out the athletic prowess of Haasbroek. Wow.

Elliot Triegaardt and Zachary Cileceken both played for Eastern over the weekend. No other academy players spotted in the NAB league games as yet.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
saw these guys play on the weekend from our NGA

Eastern Ranges:
Paul Haasbroek 174cm 67kg - decent small player, i just realised he was in our NGA, but he seemed like a decent player for Eastern, both he and Cileceken are an outside chance to be late draft/cat b rookies, depending on the rest of the season.

Zachary Cileceken 194cm 88kg - was very aggressive and loved to get involved in the contest, won a few 1 on 1's and is probably the most likely to get picked up by us from our NGA group, at this stage could be late draft/cat b rookie?

Elliot Triegaardt 178cm 88kg - he played mainly as a small defender, looked ok, but from what i saw unlikely to be drafted

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Have we been targeting the Dutch / Scandinavians for our NGA?

Haasbroek might be dutch, but Cileceken is Turkish and Triegaardt is half african i think, so maybe south african? not sure?

my ratings for the Oakleigh v Eastern game where Oakleigh won comfortably (i didnt even know Haasbroek was a Haw NGA until now)

1.Nick Daicos - OC
2.Tyler Sonsie - ER
3.Dylan Thomas - OC
4.Jake Soligo - ER
5.Tom Taylor - ER
6.Lachlan Rankin - OC
7.Henry Brown - OC
8.Yousef Dib - OC
9.Patrick Voss - OC
10.Jed Rule - OC
11.Tyreece Lieu - ER
12.Haasbroek - ER
13.Massarotti - ER
14.Cileceken - ER

so they are somewhat in the conversation of being late/rookie, but we'll wait for more games to see where they stand come draft night.

recently we have been blessed with CJ, Pepper and Downie from our NGA, so we cant complain and if we can get another 1 or maybe 2 this year it would be a bonus before the rules change and make it harder to get NGA's

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cileceken and Hassbroek named for Eastern today.

Cileceken lining up at CHB.

FFCA8F2B-88D1-4930-B634-26DB3548559F.jpeg

I saw a C Tweedie playing for box hill in the scratch match today. We had Tristan Tweedie in our NGA a few years back who ended up having a year at the Doggies. Anyone know if this Tweedie has any NGA affiliation with us?

Any feedback or reports as to how they went?

They would be eligible this coming Draft, right?
Eligible this draft, yes.

Cileceken is a bit of a mainstay of the Eastern side. I haven’t seen him play, but I assume by the lack of mention of him in any draft discussions that he might be a speculative pick at best. Not sure.

Haasbroek is an athletic beast. Whether that translates to footy, I do not know, but he has popped up in the eastern squad a few times now, so someone sees something in him at least.

If anyone is interested.

Of the three available to us, I can see us possibly taking two NGA’s as Cat B rookies, because why not, but won’t be surprised if we give them all a miss.

Cileceken and Haasbroek from Eastern Ranges.

Both played most games this year for the Range’s, and our NGA’s were mentioned at inside the huddle recently as ones were keeping an eye on.

Both of these kids look like real project players. If you’ve got two rookie spots, why not?

Hassbroek is an athletic kid, who was doing decathlon in 2020.

If anyone is interested.

Both played most games this year for the Range’s, and our NGA’s were mentioned at inside the huddle recently as ones were keeping an eye on.

Both of these kids look like real project players. If you’ve got two rookie spots, why not?

Hassbroek is an athletic kid, who was doing decathlon in 2020.
Doing God's work here SYL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back