Player Watch Hawthorn NGA 2021 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense, he’s got huge athletic capability.

Yeah geez, his athletic performance is really top level. Going based on his size, his jumping ability and sprinting times we might have another small forward prospect.

Yeah geez, his athletic performance is really top level. Going based on his size, his jumping ability and sprinting times we might have another small forward prospect.
Popeye-like would be the dream.

Haasbroek is another Seamus Mitchell, Jack Saunders type, speedy little forward/mid with some smarts, all 3 are very similar with small differences, seems our recruiting team love these types, i just hope 1 makes it.

Haasbroek is another Seamus Mitchell, Jack Saunders type, speedy little forward/mid with some smarts, all 3 are very similar with small differences, seems our recruiting team love these types, i just hope 1 makes it.

Weve lost Cyril and Poppy and Breust isnt getting younger.

Moore is fantastic but we need a couple more to stand up.

2022 Draft Eligible players.

Still trying to confirm these names are with the Hawthorn NGA.

2019 World Team - 2022 draft
Malakai Nico - Possibly HFC NGA

2019 flying boomerangs - 2022 draft
Tyrese Pomponio - Possibly HFC NGA

more to come.

Do we have any recent updates on our academy list as of 2022?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we have any recent updates on our academy list as of 2022?

Tyrese Pompinio looks like he's trying his hand in the WAFL. Has put in a clearance that is pending.

It doesn't look like Malakai Nico is playing footy any more.

And finding any info from the AFL or it's clubs about academy players is like pulling teeth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we still have an Academy and is it worthwhile??
Since ,Covid I am not sure the club are as invested as they were?
Not sure if this is the same as with other clubs but I just see this as an opportunity to help rebuild and find a couple outside the regular pathways.
Not sure why the AFL and our club make it so difficult to find out who we actually have in our Academy?
I love the notion of having an Academy but if we are not going to invest in it 100% is it really worth not going all out to make the most of this model?
I just hope we are still investing and us ordinary punters just do not know what is happening behind the scenes?

Not sure if this is the same as with other clubs but I just see this as an opportunity to help rebuild and find a couple outside the regular pathways.
Not sure why the AFL and our club make it so difficult to find out who we actually have in our Academy?
I love the notion of having an Academy but if we are not going to invest in it 100% is it really worth not going all out to make the most of this model?
I just hope we are still investing and us ordinary punters just do not know what is happening behind the scenes?

We still have an NGA, yes.

Getting information about it or possible players to watch for is almost impossible.

Seems clubs are quite reluctant to share info, and put any pressure on kids in the NGA.

waste of time now - if the player is in the top 40 drafted you don't get access

i just found out Josh Bennetts (Eastern) is our NGA, he is actually a good player and might be a late/rookie pick up? played in the Vic Metro Trials a few weeks back and has been really good this year in the NAB League.

178cm 7 games 10 goals 18 disp 4.5marks 4 tackles 3.5 i50, forward/wing/mid

from the point of view of the money and time spent to build up players that if they show potential in their u/18 year another club can just stroll in and pick them
A club could always trade in higher to select them if they really want

And there will be instances of players you lose to other clubs, but instances where you pick up players from other clubs

There is also the non-footy list benefits of providing sporting programs to these community areas.

A club could always trade in higher to select them if they really want

And there will be instances of players you lose to other clubs, but instances where you pick up players from other clubs

There is also the non-footy list benefits of providing sporting programs to these community areas.
Melbourne couldn't trade in to get Mac Andrew last year

Clubs should be able to match at full price, and that's it.

That's the obvious and fairest solution to the NGA and F/S problem - not this convoluted discount system, or not being able to match bids within the first 40 selections. It's just stupid.

Clubs should be able to match at full price, and that's it.

That's the obvious and fairest solution to the NGA and F/S problem - not this convoluted discount system, or not being able to match bids within the first 40 selections. It's just stupid.
Exactly. I've always said the club should get priority access and that's it. No discount bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back