Hawthorn - Officially the AFL's #1 club.

What would it take for your club to reach #1 spot on the membership ladder?

• An act of God, divine intervention, basically we'd need a miracle.

• Nothing but time, we're already closing in & can't be stopped!

• Hawthorn to shut up shop. We have no hope of surpassing them.

• I proudly support Hawthorn so excuse me while I bask in the glory of this latest triumph.

• We'd need to poach a champion marquee player like Jack Watts.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So Chris Scott has put a picture of Dusty up in the rooms

Clearly the man is an undisputed genius o_O
its so he can practice his grimaces and exasperated arm waving

Eff that. Last thing I want to do is copy Richmond's premiership game plan. Plus, we will never get gifted all of our finals at our home ground because we are already too successful, and you need to be a s**t truck for decades to be offered the sort of reach around that the AFL has given the premiers of the last two years.
Yep. A game plan that see's you score over 100 points offensively and crush teams defensively, please don't copy it. I'm very happy with the current status quo.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Yep. A game plan that see's you score over 100 points offensively and crush teams defensively, please don't copy it. I'm very happy with the current status quo.

We got Lil Gazza, Dangerwood + future GOAT in Cockatoo.
We don't even need a gameplan. F*k it, we don't even need a coach.

We got Lil Gazza, Dangerwood + future GOAT in Cockatoo.
We don't even need a gameplan. F*k it, we don't even need a coach.
Ironically this statement was correct the year Chris Scott took over as coach. You really didn't need a coach that year

Thanks for the permission, mate - but I already took it - we haven't and won't follow other clubs strategies. I mean, I don't mind if you follow a club where the coach's only success comes from ripping the game plan off an actual innovator (cough Hardwick cough Beveridge cough Stolen cough Ideas cough).... thumbs up buddy. I just worry about what you guys will do when the game changes again - will Hardwick have another 8 years to find a coach he can copy? Will Richmond have another 37 years to win another flag?

Errr, sort of? The AFL certainly were, not sure about you guys.

Huh, clearly not a way to win anything other than a dodgy brownlow? Just ask the Bombers. Not sure what it has to do with Geelong, though. Certainly nothing to do with the pre-pubescent girl scouts making up half of Richmond's list. Odd comment, really :p
Your club was on the Dank juice for your 09 flag, the weapon thanked Dank for the help in your "win" of course the AFL gave it the all clear but then the AFL would, our pre pubescent girl scouts, crushed your juiced up finals failures, seems you struggle without Danks magic elixer.

9 flags in 120 years+ is not what we big clubs think of as success.

Thanks for the permission, mate - but I already took it - we haven't and won't follow other clubs strategies. I mean, I don't mind if you follow a club where the coach's only success comes from ripping the game plan off an actual innovator (cough Hardwick cough Beveridge cough Stolen cough Ideas cough).... thumbs up buddy. I just worry about what you guys will do when the game changes again - will Hardwick have another 8 years to find a coach he can copy? Will Richmond have another 37 years to win another flag?
Will Geelong go another 44 years without a flag, will they ever experience a real dynasty, will the Cats supporters turn up for the whole game at the G this year or will they be to fearful of the Tiger army and pack their handbags ready to leave at half time like this year?

Interesting times.

e48d34cccc1ead76093e05ca4f15c75a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your club was on the Dank juice for your 09 flag, the weapon thanked Dank for the help in your "win" of course the AFL gave it the all clear but then the AFL would, our pre pubescent girl scouts, crushed your juiced up finals failures, seems you struggle without Danks magic elixer.

9 flags in 120 years+ is not what we big clubs think of as success.
Lol, no, we weren't. We actually won all our flags off the back of our own hard work, skill and effort. More than I can say for your MRP/AFL assisted reach around. I wouldn't personally feel good about a flag that required another coach's game plan, dodgy MRP blind eyes and fixture tampering from the AFL, but I guess when you are really, really, really, really, really, really, reeeaaaallllllly super desperate for some success, some people will take what they can get. I wouldn't know, I have never been in that position, but it was good to throw you guys a bone, I guess.

Will Geelong go another 44 years without a flag, will they ever experience a real dynasty, will the Cats supporters turn up for the whole game at the G this year or will they be to fearful of the Tiger army and pack their handbags ready to leave at half time like this year?

Interesting times.
I don't know mate - prior to this current 7 year drought we only had 2 year droughts. Not sure where you got 44 years from, we haven't had that duck for a while. You guys, on the other hand, still have to prove that your welfare premiership wasn't a soft handout from the AFL because of your embarrassing lack of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, no, we weren't. We actually won all our flags off the back of our own hard work, skill and effort. More than I can say for your MRP/AFL assisted reach around. I wouldn't personally feel good about a flag that required another coach's game plan, dodgy MRP blind eyes and fixture tampering from the AFL, but I guess when you are really, really, really, really, really, really, reeeaaaallllllly super desperate for some success, some people will take what they can get. I wouldn't know, I have never been in that position, but it was good to throw you guys a bone, I guess.
You keep believing that if it makes you feel better:$

I don't know mate - prior to this current 7 year drought we only had 2 year droughts. Not sure where you got 44 years from, we haven't had that duck for a while. You guys, on the other hand, still have to prove that your welfare premiership wasn't a soft handout from the AFL because of your embarrassing lack of success.
You are a strange lot at the cats, you are happy to claim flags won back in the 1800's in a different competition, while denying the handbag years, maybe your just to young to know how s**t Geelong really is.

Richmond the competitions biggest club averages 1 flag every 10 years, Geelong one of the minnows of the comp averages a flag every 13.3 years.

You are a strange lot at the cats, you are happy to claim flags won back in the 1800's in a different competition, while denying the handbag years, maybe your just to young to know how s**t Geelong really is.

Richmond the competitions biggest club averages 1 flag every 10 years, Geelong one of the minnows of the comp averages a flag every 13.3 years.
And what are those averages in the afl era?

Isn't this exactly what you guys are doing now. You beat us in one game and suddenly you aren't our bitches anymore.

Regular reception will resume this year. You'll drop like the Dogs and you'll still have one flag in 30 years.

You guys are better at the Hawks at rewriting history, and after one season. At least they have something to crow about.

Last edited:
Isn't this exactly what you guys are doing now. You beat us in one game and suddenly you aren't our bitches anymore.

Regular reception will resume this year. You'll drop like the Dogs and you'll still have one flag in 30 years.

You guys are better at the Hawks at rewriting history, and after one season. At least they have something to crow about.
That's just it you idiot.

Sure the Tiggers were the Handbaggers bitch for years yet the one time you needed to win When it Mattered. they tore you a newie.

Exactly the same thing the Hawks have been doing to the Handbaggers for years.

You go ahead and celebrate home and away games, if it makes you feel better.

That's just it you idiot.

Sure the Tiggers were the Handbaggers bitch for years yet the one time you needed to win When it Mattered. they tore you a newie.

Exactly the same thing the Hawks have been doing to the Handbaggers for years.

You go ahead and celebrate home and away games, if it makes you feel better.

Why do you not call us the straight-setters anymore?

And what are those averages in the afl era?
What do you mean AFL era, this is the same competition that has run and changed in composition for 120+ years, if we were going to differentiate then we should show the stats for the era of 18 teams, as your flags were won in the easier days of a 16 team competition where 50% of the competition played finals:$ obviously they would count for less, so lets see in the era of 18 teams we have 1 every 5 years, Geelong has 0.

Im not denying that we were your bitches for 10 years but Im afraid the way we dealt with you in the finals is the start of a new era, your historical selectivity is nice but useless, the competition has run for over 120 years in less than that time Richmond has won 11 flags, Geelong 9 thats all that really matters isn't it?

Back