News Hawthorn offseason 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

To be completely honest I somewhat agree with the other clubs. As a supporter I feel very uncomfortable when Jeff makes condescending and ignorant comments like this. It does not reflect well on the club. While he may be right about Gold Coast, calling out their personnel in the public sphere is very unprofessional. Clearly Jeff doesn’t get the ‘Spectemur Agendo’ slogan...

I agreed with pretty much everything he said.
The failure of GCS won't be a success for the remaining AFL clubs. Money spent there won't flow into our coffers.
Having the game be a truly representative national one is an excellent objective, and if it takes 30 yrs for that to come to real fruition I reckon that's fine. They're working their asses off trying to make that happen on the Gold Coast, and spitting insults at their efforts is embarrassing.
I want there to be no debate about which code truly represents the passion of Aussie kids right across the nation.
Not every club has to be made of the same stuff, or have it's image the same as its counterparts.
We can do it our way, Geelong can do it theirs, and GCS must have time to develop a model and fill it with employees who can fashion an identity that is successful and unique to their geography and supporter base.

GCS don't need to be seen as asking for handouts, simply for patience in establishing a code in a part of our lands that must be won over with endless energy, enthusiasm, imagination, and cooperative planning. Oh, AND cash.:p
I'd love the HFC to be seen as championing the game, not merely champions of the game.

To be completely honest I somewhat agree with the other clubs. As a supporter I feel very uncomfortable when Jeff makes condescending and ignorant comments like this. It does not reflect well on the club. While he may be right about Gold Coast, calling out their personnel in the public sphere is very unprofessional. Clearly Jeff doesn’t get the ‘Spectemur Agendo’ slogan...
You are overreacting. Comments are hardly ignorant. You will note only three club chiefs responded. The other 14 are likely in total agreement.
Jeff calls it as he sees it and it isn't going to make any difference to us as supporters.

You are overreacting. Comments are hardly ignorant. You will note only three club chiefs responded. The other 14 are likely in total agreement.
Jeff calls it as he sees it and it isn't going to make any difference to us as supporters.

I wasn’t just reacting to this particular event, I have long been of the opinion that Jeff needs to just keep his thoughts to himself sometimes (or at least not voice them to the media). Jeff has done great things for the club and is a great Hawthorn man, however as a member I really do feel uncomfortable with a lot of his public comments. I don’t want our great club to be viewed as arrogant by the rest of our industry. We should do our best to he humble and gain the respect of our peers.

Weird...

I heard he was never going to walk again, let alone play early in the season...
No that was O'meara.
I mean, Burgoyne,

I mean - wait - it appears the hawks are investing many hundreds of thousands of dollars in players that are not dead. This is quite the revelation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the one, not normally my thing but can handle a couple of episodes at a time.
Titans.JPG

How old are the kids? It's quite violent with plenty of swearing so not exactly 'family entertainment'. lol.
All old enough I guess, hard to filter stuff in today's world as they all have devices and internet connection. All I can do as a parent is control the hours they are on line via my devious WiFi on/off button and passwords.
I know they aren't up to peaky blinders level violence quite yet.

Ah the live action version yeah? Think I heard about it. Meant to be a bunch whingey EMO kids with powers. (I don’t mind the sound of that.)
They finally removed the high moral compass from the DC universe, and not before time. If only they had the balls to do the same in the DC movies, then Aquaman could have had a fitting climax.

They finally removed the high moral compass from the DC universe, and not before time. If only they had the balls to do the same in the DC movies, then Aquaman could have had a fitting climax.
Fitting climax?

I thought it was clever when Aquaman renounced water & became Soundman, dedicating his pursuits to furthering classical music amongst 14-19 year olds from middle class families.

Fitting climax?

I thought it was clever when Aquaman renounced water & became Soundman, dedicating his pursuits to furthering classical music amongst 14-19 year olds from middle class families.
It certainly was surprising that he did so in respect of the injury to TOM. I didn't think Hollywood had it in them.

Oops, spoilers above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back