Hawthorn Player Highlights 2020 (5th December - Tom Scully)

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey all,
I'm putting together some highlight reels for season 2020 for a bunch of Hawthorn players in the coming weeks so I thought I'd post them here, as I did in 2016 and earlier this year for the 2019 season.

I'm planning on making videos for Mitchell, Worpel, O'Meara, Wingard, Gunston, Breust, Burgoyne, Smith, Scully, Day and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on yet, I'm open to any requests.

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Luke Breust

Chad Wingard

Jack Gunston

Shaun Burgoyne

James Worpel

Jaeger O'Meara

Tom Mitchell

Isaac Smith

Tom Scully

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I'm putting together some highlight reels for season 2020 for a bunch of Hawthorn players in the coming weeks so I thought I'd post them here, as I did in 2016 and earlier this year for the 2019 season.

I'm planning on making videos for Mitchell, Worpel, O'Meara, Wingard, Gunston, Breust, Burgoyne, Smith, Scully, Day and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on yet, I'm open to any requests.

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Luke Breust

Enjoy.

Great, keep it up

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's just so clever and does all the right things in the right moments.
Executes skills and makes decisions like he's been programmed.
He makes the difficult seem so easy.

Buddy, Roughead, Cyril, Gunston, Breust and Puopolo.
That is easily the best forward line of all time IMO.

I don't care about stats.
The way these guys worked together, they had it all.
We were so blessed to watch them over the years.

Chad Wingard

C8EF741D-6011-4409-8937-94BC3D058FDE.jpeg

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
looking forward to the Will Day highlights, really liked the ones you've done already, cheers.

i would like to see a Damon Greaves Highlights reel, only 3 games, but he looks a beauty.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Jaeger O'Meara

I want nothing more than for this guy to take another step next season and be the A grader he was predicted to be and the one we paid for. My biggest concern is that he is given the captaincy and regresses a little causing the footy to world to start calling his performances into question. Currently he gets by on being a good, solid player who has sympathy for the injuries that cut him down early in his career.

He's just so clever and does all the right things in the right moments.
Executes skills and makes decisions like he's been programmed.
He makes the difficult seem so easy.

Buddy, Roughead, Cyril, Gunston, Breust and Puopolo.
That is easily the best forward line of all time IMO.

I don't care about stats.
The way these guys worked together, they had it all.
We were so blessed to watch them over the years.
I take it you're 18?

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Didn't that forwardline average 100+ points in about 2012/3?

did you watch Jason Dunstall play? he was the best full forward to ever play the game, stats can be deceiving, he gave away a tonne of goals and finished not far behind the top goal kickers, im not saying that forward line was bad, im just saying Dunstall was a true great.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dunstall is a legend.
He was my favourite player throughout his career.
I'd happily say that Buddy playing in the same era would have kicked as many goals though.

As for the rest of the group - very comfortable putting them up against Derm, Hall, Curran, Anderson, Wittman, Jarman.

did you watch Jason Dunstall play? he was the best full forward to ever play the game, stats can be deceiving, he gave away a tonne of goals and finished not far behind the top goal kickers, im not saying that forward line was bad, im just saying Dunstall was a true great.
I watched him lots & wore 19 every game I played as a result. Was my favourite Hawk until we drafted he that shall not be named (as a result of going to Geelong as a FA this season...).

What you said though, was that Dunstall was better than that forwardline combined... :shrug:

Jason Dunstall by himself was a better forward line than all of those guys combined imo.
Hudson and Matthews kicked 201 goals between them in 1977 with Hendrie adding 52 to the mix.

Comparing eras is pointless. Dunstall was a true great in an era obviously geared towards kicking goals, far more so than it is now.

But you know what? Take Buddy and his physical and athletic tools, chuck him in a 90s forward line, he would be the best full forward of all time. He would have been taller than most ruckmen in the 80s and 90s, while being quicker and more physical than pretty much everyone else on the field. Gary Ablett Sr with less marking ability but over 10cm taller, quicker, better tackler.

He's one of the most freakish 1 on 1 competitors the game has ever seen, he's only been stifled by the fact that the AFL is no longer a 1 on 1 game.

Take Dunstall and throw him into the modern forward line with modern defensive tactics and what would he be? He wouldn't be a 1000 career goal kicker that's for sure.

The best thing you can do is admit that the eras were different, not one better or worse than the other.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Dunstall is a legend.
He was my favourite player throughout his career.
I'd happily say that Buddy playing in the same era would have kicked as many goals though.

As for the rest of the group - very comfortable putting them up against Derm, Hall, Curran, Anderson, Wittman, Jarman.
You forgot Bucky.

Unbelievable to think Tom had a “down” year with a busted shoulder and still produced what he did.

Back