Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

nipst@r

All Australian
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Just amazed that hawthorn haven't got more love and are not seen as a realistic option for a flag this year.

Richmond still the favourite but

Hawks
- Should finish Top four
- Good injury Run
- Best Coach in the game
- Big game Experience
- Good Form coming in
- Balanced Team

* Gws, Collingwood, West Coast - Injuries
*Also think with Richmond the premiership has seemed like it is there's all year, haven't faced adversity, like had a big injury to deal with or a untimely suspension. Just seems like they will have a good run all year, coast to the flag at 90% and but the footy gods generally dont let that happen.

Don't think Richmond fear anyone at the G but clarkson v hardwick is still master vs apprentice for me, and the hawks are the only threat I see to Richmond.

No chance. Finals will be great for our youngsters development. I think we can maybe scrape through to a Prelim but ultimately don't have the quality to see off a fit GWS/Richmond or West Coast at home.

If we produce our best consistently through the finals we could win it, but looking through this season it is hard to imagine us maintaining a level high enough to win 3-4 straight games against the top teams. Clarko is the wildcard that gives me some hope that he could be getting us peaking at the right time, but i think we are still a couple players short of being a real premiership threat.

I would prefer not the play Richmond in week one of the finals. Who would... as it probably means having to beat them twice during the finals.

But who wants to travel to Perth to play WC?

It is not going to be easy for any challenger.

Last edited:
No chance. Finals will be great for our youngsters development. I think we can maybe scrape through to a Prelim but ultimately don't have the quality to see off a fit GWS/Richmond or West Coast at home.

Bang on. I think the *best* we could expect is finish top 4 and lose a Prelim. I just can't see how we win a Premiership with the current team playing the way we are. Not unless Cyril magically came out of retirement for the Prelim and led us to victory before retiring once more....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer not the play Richmond in a Prelim. Who would... as it probably means having to beat them twice during the finals.

But who wants to travel to Perth to play WC?

It is not going to be easy for any challenger.
True but I personally would like us to play a QF or PF against the Tigers at the G. We owe them and it's pointless trying to find an easy way to the GF I think.
Despite 2016 I still think the Hawks are a better chance of winning games as they get more important. The Clarkson factor and the ability to be a step ahead tactically, as in 2008 in my view.

Pushing for top 4......we are at least 2 years ahead of where even the club thought it might be.
But to pinch a flag......no chance.
Hawks fans just riding the wave at the moment, waiting to get unceremoniously dumped

As mentioned above, IF we can finish top 4, then best we can hope for is a prelim lose.
Great experience for the development of our kids......but we just have too many holes in our list.

Nah, Collingwood are our
True but I personally would like us to play a QF or PF against the Tigers at the G. We owe them and it's pointless trying to find an easy way to the GF I think.
Despite 2016 I still think the Hawks are a better chance of winning games as they get more important. The Clarkson factor and the ability to be a step ahead tactically, as in 2008 in my view.

, even without the injuries. Neither team is good enough to get near Richmond, GWS or WC.

We are Richmond's bitches atm... like most teams.

I hope we have something up our sleeves that Clarko can employ against them... but I guess you only get one chance at a surprise, not two.

GWS have it over us to.

Pushing for top 4......we are at least 2 years ahead of where even the club thought it might be.
But to pinch a flag......no chance.
Hawks fans just riding the wave at the moment, waiting to get unceremoniously dumped

As mentioned above, IF we can finish top 4, then best we can hope for is a prelim lose.
Great experience for the development of our kids......but we just have too many holes in our list.
And honestly, after the last few years Hawks fans get more joy out of seeing other teams failing than their own team winning, we're hooked on schadenfreude.

I see West Coast as pretty vulrenable without Gaff & Nic Nat hoping we finish 3rd.

I think we'll be strong favourites for a GF berth if we finish 2nd. Unless bastard Sydney sneak into 4th.

If we slip to 3rd or 4th then it's a different ball game. Gaff and Naitanui are big outs, and Kennedy is still out of the side with only two games left. He's only played 11 from 20 and is no guarantee to come back in this week.

We're definitely beatable, I just don't think any of the teams from 3rd to 9th are all that great. As far as odds go, who is at $7 and who is at $11/12 doesn't really phase me because I think Richmond at $2.50 is the only bet I'd be confident in at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back