News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but there are still lines that shouldn't be crossed. it's got my back up that a long time servant of the HFC has had his integrity, credentials and reputation trashed by people here that really have f#all evidence and jacksh#t knowledge of what actually happened.
I’ve previously said I heard about some of these allegations first hand quite a few years ago.

Horrific now and then.

I think it is important to know the role, the boundaries of it and marry them up to what we know.

So the complainants went to the media and therefore made this thing public.

Is this correct?
Yep - a few on here, myself included, have made this point…ad nauseum.

Those who spoke to Egan then independently spoke to Jackson after they believed the AFL was sitting on the Report (because it was September and they were tunnel visioned in their focus on the finals / functions.

They wanted to wait until the 2022 GF was done and dusted before addressing the issues raised because politically / commercially it was absolute dynamite.

So you know a bloke who knows a bloke. Give it a rest.
As Burt’s biggest fan, look up my post the day before his article dropped. I mean dropped with a thud of what the hell.

It is there for you.

It said, “Burt in 3, 2, 1”. I knew it was coming.

I take your thoughts in good faith, you haven’t followed all I have written as it isn’t the first time I have written what I did re hearing the allegations.

Burt’s role is complex, throw in Clarkson at a footy club and it is going in all sorts of directions. There are fundamentals way before that you need to demonstrate and he still doesn’t have them going by recent comments, the starting point for my response.

You don’t need to read my posts, isn’t there a mute function?

As Burt’s biggest fan, look up my post the day before his article dropped. I mean dropped with a thud of what the hell.

It is there for you.

It said, “Burt in 3, 2, 1”. I knew it was coming.

I take your thoughts in good faith, you haven’t followed all I have written as it isn’t the first time I have written what I did re hearing the allegations.

Burt’s role is complex, throw in Clarkson at a footy club and it is going in all sorts of directions. There are fundamentals way before that you need to demonstrate and he still doesn’t have them going by recent comments, the starting point for my response.

You don’t need to read my posts, isn’t there a mute function?
I fine with reading your posts. Just think you're often speaking sh#t which I can ignore but when you start dragging someone's name through the mud based on hearsay and speculation I'll call you out.

I fine with reading your posts. Just think you're often speaking sh#t which I can ignore but when you start dragging someone's name through the mud based on hearsay and speculation I'll call you out.

You swear a lot for someone not upset.

Not me who dragged Uncle Burt into the mud, he did it himself.

If someone is negligent, it is best to own it. Thankfully he is on that journey with his admissions. Tell him not to out people, it is a breach of confidentiality to part identify someone in such a small group of players as he did on Linkdin.

Your response in 3, 2, 1…

And the afl want to punish us so no club ever checks on the welfare of their past players again!

movie_stills_come_to_life_in_these_captivating_cinemagraphs_16.gif

Maybe but there are still lines that shouldn't be crossed. it's got my back up that a long time servant of the HFC has had his integrity, credentials and reputation trashed by people here that really have f#all evidence and jacksh#t knowledge of what actually happened.
Mate, his reputation has been trashed by former players, their familes, and at least two former staff, including a former coach. This includes four time premiership player and loyal servant, Cyril Rioli. People on this board discussing the allegations and believing more of what the players say than the coaches isn’t doing further harm to their reputations. The damage was done a long time ago, we only come to realise it now.

And to counter that you imply that Cyril's integrity, credentials and reputation is being trashed by people here that really have f#all evidence and jacksh#t knowledge of what actually happened.

It cuts both ways and it sits somewhere in the grey. Sounds like you just want it to be what you want without the discussion on why it could be different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, his reputation has been trashed by former players, their familes, and at least two former staff, including a former coach. This includes four time premiership player and loyal servant, Cyril Rioli. People on this board discussing the allegations and believing more of what the players say than the coaches isn’t doing further harm to their reputations. The damage was done a long time ago, we only come to realise it

And to counter that you imply that Cyril's integrity, credentials and reputation is being trashed by people here that really have f#all evidence and jacksh#t knowledge of what actually happened.

It cuts both ways and it sits somewhere in the grey. Sounds like you just want it to be what you want without the discussion on why it could be different.
I just saw a pile on to Burt gaining momentum so I stepped in. I stand by everything I've said and as for Cyril there has been overwhelming support for him on this thread. Didn't need me to step in but the same principles of fairness apply to all Hawthorn people caught up in this mess.

You want the truth but your opinion, from what I read, starts from the coaches being completely innocent. The other posters that you have an issue with, also want the truth but start from a position that the players are telling the truth. Both positions are valid to have but each side has to realise that their opinion is biased by their starting position. And that is ok.

But don't attack other peoples opinions because they don't align with your starting position under the guise of "I want the truth".
This sort of circular argument 'he said she said' is mind numbing. The initial pile on was that the coaches were adjudged guilty. The fact that I wanted the coaches to have the chance to defend themselves is not a biased starting position. I want both sides to help establish the truth - with the full knowledge that the truth may be a perception.

This sort of circular argument 'he said she said' is mind numbing. The initial pile on was that the coaches were adjudged guilty. The fact that I wanted the coaches to have the chance to defend themselves is not a biased starting position. I want both sides to help establish the truth - with the full knowledge that the truth may be a perception.
Come on, you know that you sit on the side of the coaches. And that is ok. But it does colour your responses and it is plain to see.

I just saw a pile on to Burt gaining momentum so I stepped in. I stand by everything I've said and as for Cyril there has been overwhelming support for him on this thread. Didn't need me to step in but the same principles of fairness apply to all Hawthorn people caught up in this mess.
What do you mean by gaining momentum? It was basically one poster. And they have been consistent in their view of the whole saga.

And Burt didn't do himself any favours in how he has come out. Compare him to Fagan as an example.

What do you mean by gaining momentum? It was basically one poster. And they have been consistent in their view of the whole saga.

And Burt didn't do himself any favours in how he has come out. Compare him to Fagan as an example.
Fagan’s post ‘exoneration’ statement was pretty terrible to be quite frank. But generally he has kept his mouth shut. Funnily enough, Clarko is now the exemplar. Absolutely nothing from his camp, except whatever they are leaking to the media.

Last edited:
Can't lie. Seeing Barrett squirm and get upset when people disagree with him on this kind've gives me great pleasure… slightly aroused even 😂
You swear a lot for someone not upset.

Not me who dragged Uncle Burt into the mud, he did it himself.

If someone is negligent, it is best to own it. Thankfully he is on that journey with his admissions. Tell him not to out people, it is a breach of confidentiality to part identify someone in such a small group of players as he did on Linkdin.

Your response in 3, 2, 1…
Who is “Uncle Burt”?

Fagan said he wasn’t there, has nothing to worry about. I commend Burt for bringing Fagan into the room(inside or outside the home), literally. Burt said the three were at the house, consistent with the allegations.

Fagan in theory (leaving aside Clarkson’s interference in any part of the club) is the boss of the football department and what happens under him is his responsibility. Tough gig. Just like the departed CEO.

Yep - a few on here, myself included, have made this point…ad nauseum.

Those who spoke to Egan then independently spoke to Jackson after they believed the AFL was sitting on the Report (because it was September and they were tunnel visioned in their focus on the finals / functions.

They wanted to wait until the 2022 GF was done and dusted before addressing the issues raised because politically / commercially it was absolute dynamite.
They spoke to the media well before it went to the afl. This has been discussed here quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back