News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the game I used to love, and if it wasn't for my love and admiration of the Hawthorn Football Club, I would have walked away from the game years ago.

Remember when you had a cry on here when Waverley was renamed and threatened to stop supporting the club.

Clarkson and Fagan's reputation have taken a big public hit.

But this is the AFL world and these things don't ruin a person at all.

James Hird brought in a sports scientist to drug cheat. Lost his job, but got paid a million bucks for a year off. Was welcomed back to assistant coaching and is now in line for the same job he did horrendously bad.

Ross Lyon was a key figure in the very hushed "St Kilda school girl" saga. Ross went on to have another coaching gig at Fremantle, numerous media gigs and is often talked about as a good target for vacant coaching roles.

Wayne Carey did a million things including abusing a woman. Paid gig to commentate (extremely poorly) on the biggest broadcaster.

John Worsfold won a premiership with a playing squad that had a whole raft of players with significant drug addictions. Some of them literally life threatening. Worsfold was deemed the person most appropriate to step in to caretake Essendon after the drug-experiment coach left.

So I think everyone is EXTREMELY overstating the reputational damage that will be done to Clarkson and Fagan - whilst completely downplaying the life damage done to the people who have been pressured to distance from family, partners and potential children .
Your life damage argument only applies if the accusations are true. Whereas whether they are or aren’t true their reputations have taken a hit and that’s the point your not getting. As long as it’s an if you can’t use that argument.

Your life damage argument only applies if the accusations are true. Whereas whether they are or aren’t true their reputations have taken a hit and that’s the point your not getting. As long as it’s an if you can’t use that argument.
And your reputation argument only matters if the accusations are false

No it doesn’t. That doesn’t go away. No matter what happens that’s always going to be against them.
So is the trauma exposed by the people interviewed.

You can't have your bullshit argument both ways.

Remember when you had a cry on here when Waverley was renamed and threatened to stop supporting the club.
Had a sook about Welcome to Country only a week or two ago aswell.

I’ve seen enough.

Fox footy says a former assistant coach has now made a signed statement, corroborating some of the allegations.
Phil Egan says the review wasn't allowed to interview non-Indigenous players, coaches, or staff.
If this assistant was involved in the review, then he's First Nation.
Which assistant from that era might that be?
I note 'no player name speculation' but this is an assistant...

Fox footy says a former assistant coach has now made a signed statement, corroborating some of the allegations.
Phil Egan says the review wasn't allowed to interview non-Indigenous players, coaches, or staff.
A development coach.

Nope move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if what they are alleging is true/accurate ....and they are anonymous, whereas the accused are for all to see and judge in public
You get that being anonymous to us doesn't protect them from their own trauma yeah?
Or from attacks on social media etc "just in case they are the ones that named the trio"

You get that being anonymous to us doesn't protect them from their own trauma yeah?
Or from attacks on social media etc "just in case they are the ones that named the trio"

Plus there is no end of online guessing who the trio is so it’s not like they’re truly anonymous.

Plus there is no end of online guessing who the trio is so it’s not like they’re truly anonymous.
And because they’ve narrowed down the timeframe it’s not a lot it could be so it brings a number of players into it so instead of 3 it could be out of 6 or 9 or whatever and it groups those players together. In reality they might as well name them because it’s not hard to figure out. I won’t because it’s not my place too.

you get that Clarkson and Fagan (and Hawthorn fc) have been trialled and labelled by media and public without having a proper investigation whilst the accusers have been afforded a right to anonymity and no repercussions ....on line trolls guessing isn't the same thing

your also assuming "their own trauma" on the basis that their version of claims is accurate/honest

Clarkson and Fagan have emphatically denied the claims

Hence one side is blatantly lying .... not sure how we or you or anyone can assume which side that is
I think we can guess who you think is lying

You're talking about retaliation for speaking up about abuse you a****e

who are you to call anyone an arsehole

One group is lying ....that's clear ....I don't know who that is ....read what I said properly and don't assume
Uh huh
No he’s not you can’t believe one side and just ignore the other. Treat both with the same respect until which ever side is proven correct if that’s even possible.
I believe the people that have spoken up

Uh huh

I believe the people that have spoken up
That’s the point it’s not about what you believe. It’s about what is known. One of the individuals that it could possibly be has a very checkered history and if it was him which it may well not be, I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. Do you honestly think in the history of the world that a group of people haven’t falsely accused anyone. Again not saying this has happened but you can’t assume they are telling the truth on either side.

That’s the point it’s not about what you believe. It’s about what is known. One of the individuals that it could possibly be has a very checkered history and if it was him which it may well not be, I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. Do you honestly think in the history of the world that a group of people haven’t falsely accused anyone. Again not saying this has happened but you can’t assume they are telling the truth on either side.

A group of people who’ve now had a staff member of the time coroberate some of what they’ve said?

Anything is possible, sure, but when you’re playing devil’s advocate to a conspiracy level now - why is this where your head is going?

I don’t want the accusations to be true for multiple reasons - but I’m not going to do mental gymnastics to convince myself they’re not, I’ll await the further enquires.

I like how you're trying to discredit the people accusing the club while saying you can't assume either side is telling the truth

So is the trauma exposed by the people interviewed.

You can't have your bullshit argument both ways.
Well if they are telling the truth you can’t go back in time. I’m not saying they must be named or don’t stay anonymous I’m saying you can’t assume they are telling the truth you have to prove it. You can’t take both sides at face value that’s wrong. That’s why it’s called an investigation. The only bullshit argument is yours. You want to hang draw and quarter the people who’ve been accused and you don’t even know A. if the allegations are true B. Who they are, so we don’t even know the peoples credibility. And C. That 2 of the people who are being accused ( I don’t know much about Burt) have never had any issues with indigenous players if anything it’s been impeccable. Clarkson relationship with various indigenous players has been spot on Burgoyne wingard he personally was responsible for bringing them over to hawthorn. He’s always had a good relationship with rioli until Kennett opened his big mouth. Again I’m not saying that the 3 players are lying I’m saying treat both sides the way because either could be lying.

I like how you're trying to discredit the people accusing the club while saying you can't assume either side is telling the truth
No I’m not, I’m saying let the investigation find the truth. They could be spot on 100% telling the truth. If they are the investigation is the best chance at proving it. I’m not saying that nothing wrongs been done because I don’t know. I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves. The only one with a bias here is you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back